Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    I used to think that Cubs and Scouts was a place to go to get some semblance of organization to help you through life.

    We were told weekly at Cubs, then at Scouts by our Akela, Bagheera etc. that their job was to guide boys into adulthood, and turn them into good, friendly, and helpful, law-abiding citizens that their community could be proud of.

    We all just thought it was a place where we could see who could fart the loudest on the hardwood floor in the basement dance floor of one of the neighborhood churches.

    What I think our Cub and Scout Leaders were really trying to do was set us up for Paranoia, Community Panic Brigades, and Cuckholding.


    All the people that acquiesced and went as far as they possibly could in Cubbing and Scouting turned into these frightened Milk-Toast, CB Operating Paranoid fat fools with Police Scanners next to their sofas, who all belonged to the EMO (Emergency Measures Organization) and had magnetized Yellow E-Lites that they could stick to the roof of their half-ton trucks at the first sign of disaster, and who went on holiday/vacation to Hawaii every 10 years with the exact same Hawaiian shirt as their wife's Muʻumuʻu, and allowed themselves to be ordered around by their fat wives.


    The Cub and Scout leaders in my community are now in their 80's and are still paranoid, silly, old fat fools that monitor their Police Scanners every waking moment, and are certain that we are all going to die, that very day.

    Cub and Scout Masters were civilians that had already established a career and it was too late to become a Police, so they did what they thought was the next best thing.
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-31-2013 at 11:42 AM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    The whole issue in the first place was misplaced fear of gays re: pedophilia. How does it not enter the discussion quickly?
    I could see it if...no, it has to come up.
    I do agree with that and see why it is a discussion point because that is a major reason why the BSA heads fear gays leading in their group. I guess I didn't express my question that well. My question should have been... Why have some posters in this thread seemed to equate homosexuality with pedophilia like the BSA has?
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    I used to think that Cubs and Scouts was a place to go to get some semblance of organization to help you through life.

    We were told weekly at Cubs, then at Scouts by our Akela, Bagheera etc. that their job was to guide boys into adulthood, and turn them into good, friendly, and helpful, law-abiding citizens that their community could be proud of.

    We all just thought it was a place where we could see who could fart the loudest on the hardwood floor in the basement dance floor of one of the neighborhood churches.

    What I think our Cub and Scout Leaders were really trying to do was set us up for Paranoia, Community Panic Brigades, and Cuckholding.


    All the people that acquiesced and went as far as they possibly could in Cubbing and Scouting turned into these frightened Milk-Toast, CB Operating Paranoid fat fools with Police Scanners next to their sofas, who all belonged to the EMO (Emergency Measures Organization) and had magnetized Yellow E-Lites that they could stick to the roof of their half-ton trucks at the first sign of disaster, and who went on holiday/vacation to Hawaii every 10 years with the exact same Hawaiian shirt as their wife's Muʻumuʻu, and allowed themselves to be ordered around by their fat wives.


    The Cub and Scout leaders in my community are now in their 80's and are still paranoid, silly, old fat fools that monitor their Police Scanners every waking moment, and are certain that we are all going to die, that very day.

    Cub and Scout Masters were civilians that had already established a career and it was too late to become a Police, so they did what they thought was the next best thing.
    lol... we obviously had a much different experience during our time in scouting... although I could go for a hawaiian vacation right about now.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  4. #44


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,167
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    I do agree with that and see why it is a discussion point because that is a major reason why the BSA heads fear gays leading in their group. I guess I didn't express my question that well. My question should have been... Why have some posters in this thread seemed to equate homosexuality with pedophilia like the BSA has?
    I actually haven't seen that. Equating homosexuality with pedophilia would be saying all homosexuals will molest children and no one has said that. Granted, hice seems to be equating scout leaders with overweight losers, but that's not homosexuality and pedophilia. What hice is saying, I think, is that in today's world, where fathers are too often not present an organization like scouts that used to depend on fathers to lead troops is now depending on Joe Offthestreet and that's pretty much an oasis for pedophiles. Ultimately, the same cn be said of any program with kids, but for some reason BSA, like the Catholic Church, seems to have a higher rate of pedophilia than, say, minor sports. It does happen in sports, but not so much...it seems anyway.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  5. #45
    this was the post that I was speaking about mainly. I guess he didn't outright say they were the same thing now that I read it again, but when a discussion about gays in scouts is going on and someone posts about pedophiles, I think it's possible to make the leap to equating gays and pedophiles. Maybe that's unfair of me, but was something that came to mind from reading the post within the discussion.


    "There are more Boy Scout Pedophile Leaders, than there are similar Priests.

    Just shut the whole organization down, as all it is is twerps taking advantage of kids. If Scout Masters aren't pedophiles, they are still weirded-out twerps."


    as far as if it happens more in scouts than sports I wouldn't know any stats on that. I will say I've heard more stories about it happening in athletics. Granted I listen to a lot of sports talk radio so naturally that could be why I hear more stories of pedophilia in sports. Plus, there are just thousands more kids in sports leagues than in scouts, so it's hard to say it wouldn't happen more in athletics just based off of the much larger numbers of participants. Bottom line is it can and does happen in many different instances or scenarios. I don't think saying it's more rampant in scouts is all that fair.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  6. #46


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,167
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I don't see anything in there to even suggest homosexuality and pedophilia are the same. Homosexuality isn't mentioned some bit. In fact, since this is about gays finally being allowed in and he's saying there are currently more pedophiles in scouts than the Catholic Church, he's saying straight guys have been molesting kids for decades.

    As for sports vs scouts, I don't have stats either. I do know that you're right, there are many more kids in sports than scouts. I notice as many or more cases in scouts, but I also know when it happens in sports, it gets more attention in the media.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    I don't see anything in there to even suggest homosexuality and pedophilia are the same. Homosexuality isn't mentioned some bit. In fact, since this is about gays finally being allowed in and he's saying there are currently more pedophiles in scouts than the Catholic Church, he's saying straight guys have been molesting kids for decades.

    As for sports vs scouts, I don't have stats either. I do know that you're right, there are many more kids in sports than scouts. I notice as many or more cases in scouts, but I also know when it happens in sports, it gets more attention in the media.
    like I said, I seemed to have misread...

    I've noticed/heard about way more in sports, but then again I haven't heard every story of pedophilia. Also... I'd assume a large amount of cases of pedophilia don't ever get reported.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  8. #48


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,167
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    like I said, I seemed to have misread...

    I've noticed/heard about way more in sports, but then again I haven't heard every story of pedophilia. Also... I'd assume a large amount of cases of pedophilia don't ever get reported.
    This is true. What I see is Scout pedos and Priest pedos on page 5 and sports pedos on page 1.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  9. #49
    I think a lot of it, as with most stories, is just how the news channels latch onto it. If they take a liking to it, like casey anthony, then you get it on all channels. If they don't, then you get all of the other cases that are similar but not covered to ad nauseum.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by pghin08 View Post
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...s-leaders?lite

    Good. I can't say I really understood why they weren't welcome to begin with.

    because some people sadly still think with the same view as they did during the 50's


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •