Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I never said that.
    And isn't every deed - trade you learn working up to a badge? That's my only point.

you eluded that they weren't getting the same lessons taught to them at home by saying " I can see why some kids would need something like boy scouts, (I was-am still being raised on a farm) but I think it would be better for the parents to just tell their boys to do good things "

Just saying that it's not a one or the other type of deal. I learned most of the ideals of boy scouts from my parents and grand parents well before I started scouts.

no, everything you learn or do in boy scouts does not work up to a badge.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

you eluded that they weren't getting the same lessons taught to them at home by saying " I can see why some kids would need something like boy scouts, (I was-am still being raised on a farm) but I think it would be better for the parents to just tell their boys to do good things "

Just saying that it's not a one or the other type of deal. I learned most of the ideals of boy scouts from my parents and grand parents well before I started scouts.

no, everything you learn or do in boy scouts does not work up to a badge.

I think a lot of what you learn in scouts you also learn on a football field. The particulars don't matter. Whether you're learning to whittle or how to score on a powerplay, the point is teamwork and social development.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think a lot of what you learn in scouts you also learn on a football field. The particulars don't matter. Whether you're learning to whittle or how to score on a powerplay, the point is teamwork and social development.

I agree completely. Whether if you get badges or trophies or pizza parties while learning those values it's all great. There are just many different deliverables of these lessons out there to match the many different types of things kids are interested in.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The interest is more bait for the learning, is my theory.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Please offer statistical evidence based on the entire population of Boy Scout leaders and priests worldwide before making condemning statements such as these.

There are more Boy Scout Pedophile Leaders, than there are similar Priests.

Just shut the whole organization down, as all it is is twerps taking advantage of kids. If Scout Masters aren't pedophiles, they are still weirded-out twerps.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not every Wolf Cub Master (you yanks don't have those) or Scout Master is a raging Pedo, just like not every Priest is a raging Pedo, but if there weren't problems, then you would not be hearing the outcry of a huge problem like you are today.

Try not to be so sensitive. Are you in the category that I mentioned? Is that why you are upset with me? Are you a Pedo Priest, or a Pedo Scout Master? If so, turn your self into the Police.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you a Pedo Priest, or a Pedo Scout Master? If so, turn your self into the Police.

Wow, insinuating people are pedophiles because they debate whether or not the entire Boy Scouts are full of homosexuals and pedophiles. You stay classy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not every Wolf Cub Master (you yanks don't have those) or Scout Master is a raging Pedo, just like not every Priest is a raging Pedo, but if there weren't problems, then you would not be hearing the outcry of a huge problem like you are today.

Try not to be so sensitive. Are you in the category that I mentioned? Is that why you are upset with me? Are you a Pedo Priest, or a Pedo Scout Master? If so, turn your self into the Police.

I think more of the issue is the ban of gays not pedophilia in scouts. Some people seem to equate homosexuality with pedophilia which is just ignorant (and not saying that you do). Yes, gay men are attracted to the male sex, but for the most part they are not attracted to under aged males. Just like typical straight people.

The way I see it is the gay ban in boy scouts mainly falls back on the religious base that scouting had back in the 50's. It's pretty archaic these days, in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

on second thought... maybe you are equating gay with pedophile with your statements. I'd like to know for sure if you are because I'm not sure how pedophilia jumps into the discussion so quickly when discussing allowing homosexuals into the Scouts as leaders.

The ironic thing about the banning of gays in scouts is that there are probably many homosexual youth who are boy scouts.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

on second thought... maybe you are equating gay with pedophile with your statements. I'd like to know for sure if you are because I'm not sure how pedophilia jumps into the discussion so quickly when discussing allowing homosexuals into the Scouts as leaders.

The ironic thing about the banning of gays in scouts is that there are probably many homosexual youth who are boy scouts.

The whole issue in the first place was misplaced fear of gays re: pedophilia. How does it not enter the discussion quickly?
    I could see it if...no, it has to come up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast