Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I used to think that Cubs and Scouts was a place to go to get some semblance of organization to help you through life.

We were told weekly at Cubs, then at Scouts by our Akela, Bagheera etc. that their job was to guide boys into adulthood, and turn them into good, friendly, and helpful, law-abiding citizens that their community could be proud of.

We all just thought it was a place where we could see who could fart the loudest on the hardwood floor in the basement dance floor of one of the neighborhood churches.

What I think our Cub and Scout Leaders were really trying to do was set us up for Paranoia, Community Panic Brigades, and Cuckholding.

All the people that acquiesced and went as far as they possibly could in Cubbing and Scouting turned into these frightened Milk-Toast, CB Operating Paranoid fat fools with Police Scanners next to their sofas, who all belonged to the EMO (Emergency Measures Organization) and had magnetized Yellow E-Lites that they could stick to the roof of their half-ton trucks at the first sign of disaster, and who went on holiday/vacation to Hawaii every 10 years with the exact same Hawaiian shirt as their wife's Muʻumuʻu, and allowed themselves to be ordered around by their fat wives.

The Cub and Scout leaders in my community are now in their 80's and are still paranoid, silly, old fat fools that monitor their Police Scanners every waking moment, and are certain that we are all going to die, that very day.

Cub and Scout Masters were civilians that had already established a career and it was too late to become a Police, so they did what they thought was the next best thing.
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-31-2013 at 12:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

The whole issue in the first place was misplaced fear of gays re: pedophilia. How does it not enter the discussion quickly?
    I could see it if...no, it has to come up.

I do agree with that and see why it is a discussion point because that is a major reason why the BSA heads fear gays leading in their group. I guess I didn't express my question that well. My question should have been... Why have some posters in this thread seemed to equate homosexuality with pedophilia like the BSA has?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I used to think that Cubs and Scouts was a place to go to get some semblance of organization to help you through life.

We were told weekly at Cubs, then at Scouts by our Akela, Bagheera etc. that their job was to guide boys into adulthood, and turn them into good, friendly, and helpful, law-abiding citizens that their community could be proud of.

We all just thought it was a place where we could see who could fart the loudest on the hardwood floor in the basement dance floor of one of the neighborhood churches.

What I think our Cub and Scout Leaders were really trying to do was set us up for Paranoia, Community Panic Brigades, and Cuckholding.

All the people that acquiesced and went as far as they possibly could in Cubbing and Scouting turned into these frightened Milk-Toast, CB Operating Paranoid fat fools with Police Scanners next to their sofas, who all belonged to the EMO (Emergency Measures Organization) and had magnetized Yellow E-Lites that they could stick to the roof of their half-ton trucks at the first sign of disaster, and who went on holiday/vacation to Hawaii every 10 years with the exact same Hawaiian shirt as their wife's Muʻumuʻu, and allowed themselves to be ordered around by their fat wives.

The Cub and Scout leaders in my community are now in their 80's and are still paranoid, silly, old fat fools that monitor their Police Scanners every waking moment, and are certain that we are all going to die, that very day.

Cub and Scout Masters were civilians that had already established a career and it was too late to become a Police, so they did what they thought was the next best thing.

lol... we obviously had a much different experience during our time in scouting... although I could go for a hawaiian vacation right about now.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I do agree with that and see why it is a discussion point because that is a major reason why the BSA heads fear gays leading in their group. I guess I didn't express my question that well. My question should have been... Why have some posters in this thread seemed to equate homosexuality with pedophilia like the BSA has?

I actually haven't seen that. Equating homosexuality with pedophilia would be saying all homosexuals will molest children and no one has said that. Granted, hice seems to be equating scout leaders with overweight losers, but that's not homosexuality and pedophilia. What hice is saying, I think, is that in today's world, where fathers are too often not present an organization like scouts that used to depend on fathers to lead troops is now depending on Joe Offthestreet and that's pretty much an oasis for pedophiles. Ultimately, the same cn be said of any program with kids, but for some reason BSA, like the Catholic Church, seems to have a higher rate of pedophilia than, say, minor sports. It does happen in sports, but not so much...it seems anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country

this was the post that I was speaking about mainly. I guess he didn't outright say they were the same thing now that I read it again, but when a discussion about gays in scouts is going on and someone posts about pedophiles, I think it's possible to make the leap to equating gays and pedophiles. Maybe that's unfair of me, but was something that came to mind from reading the post within the discussion.

"There are more Boy Scout Pedophile Leaders, than there are similar Priests.

Just shut the whole organization down, as all it is is twerps taking advantage of kids. If Scout Masters aren't pedophiles, they are still weirded-out twerps."

as far as if it happens more in scouts than sports I wouldn't know any stats on that. I will say I've heard more stories about it happening in athletics. Granted I listen to a lot of sports talk radio so naturally that could be why I hear more stories of pedophilia in sports. Plus, there are just thousands more kids in sports leagues than in scouts, so it's hard to say it wouldn't happen more in athletics just based off of the much larger numbers of participants. Bottom line is it can and does happen in many different instances or scenarios. I don't think saying it's more rampant in scouts is all that fair.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't see anything in there to even suggest homosexuality and pedophilia are the same. Homosexuality isn't mentioned some bit. In fact, since this is about gays finally being allowed in and he's saying there are currently more pedophiles in scouts than the Catholic Church, he's saying straight guys have been molesting kids for decades.

As for sports vs scouts, I don't have stats either. I do know that you're right, there are many more kids in sports than scouts. I notice as many or more cases in scouts, but I also know when it happens in sports, it gets more attention in the media.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see anything in there to even suggest homosexuality and pedophilia are the same. Homosexuality isn't mentioned some bit. In fact, since this is about gays finally being allowed in and he's saying there are currently more pedophiles in scouts than the Catholic Church, he's saying straight guys have been molesting kids for decades.

As for sports vs scouts, I don't have stats either. I do know that you're right, there are many more kids in sports than scouts. I notice as many or more cases in scouts, but I also know when it happens in sports, it gets more attention in the media.

like I said, I seemed to have misread...

I've noticed/heard about way more in sports, but then again I haven't heard every story of pedophilia. Also... I'd assume a large amount of cases of pedophilia don't ever get reported.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

like I said, I seemed to have misread...

I've noticed/heard about way more in sports, but then again I haven't heard every story of pedophilia. Also... I'd assume a large amount of cases of pedophilia don't ever get reported.

This is true. What I see is Scout pedos and Priest pedos on page 5 and sports pedos on page 1.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think a lot of it, as with most stories, is just how the news channels latch onto it. If they take a liking to it, like casey anthony, then you get it on all channels. If they don't, then you get all of the other cases that are similar but not covered to ad nauseum.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...s-leaders?lite

Good. I can't say I really understood why they weren't welcome to begin with.

because some people sadly still think with the same view as they did during the 50's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345