Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ephesians 5:22-24

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

veggie - already seen the verse, my point still stands.

notes2us - it's not submitting because they do not use the word SUBMIT. The question is WHY do they not use the same terminology?

Jay explained the obvious. They don't use it because the verse was written in a sexist era by a sexist individual. You guys can "interpret" it however you want, just like everything else in the Bible. A bunch of double-speak that can be interpreted and re-interpreted with the changing societal norms.

I have no idea why the same terminology was not used. However, you are incorrect in saying that verse doesn't have the same meaning as submitting.

So, using your logic.....words like "obey", "concede", "bow", "relent", "resign", and "surrender" have no relation to the term "submit". It's "submit" and only "submit". There are no others word out there.
    Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have no idea why the same terminology was not used. However, you are incorrect in saying that verse doesn't have the same meaning as submitting.

So, using your logic.....words like "obey", "concede", "bow", "relent", "resign", and "surrender" have no relation to the term "submit". It's "submit" and only "submit". There are no others word out there.

He once tried to tell me every cause has only one effect and vice versa.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

No, using my logic I see the obvious. They didn't use any of those words either. They purposely used terminology that people could "interpret" however they liked. If husbands and wives were supposed to "submit" to each other they would have stated such. They would not use a "word" for one sex and a "phrase" for the other. Unless of course, such wording would prove unpalatable to the followers that count (men).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

He once tried to tell me every cause has only one effect and vice versa.

Not sure what this has to do with this thread, or even what it refers to in general. No doubt though, it was probably your "interpretation" of something I said, rather than what I actually said.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If I could chime in back in biblical days even now to a lesser extend men and women have defined roles. Back then most women were discouraged from working so a man generally took care of paying the bills and the wife took care of the domestic duties. In todays times women are free to work most jobs and can contribute financially to the household. That brings up my originally point of why SOME women want their man to take care of them financially and pay all the bills but will not listen to anything he says no feel that the money she brings in should be used for household expenses. Even if you take the religious aspect out of it a lot of females feel that way.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Not sure what this has to do with this thread, or even what it refers to in general. No doubt though, it was probably your "interpretation" of something I said, rather than what I actually said.

It has to do with your Disney taught ideas on love and hate, but I digress.
    How it pertains to this topic is that you only interpret things one way and trying to work against that is impossible most times.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

we also should remember that it was not written in English so it has been translated, which often is where the problem comes from. Christian monks were known for their ability to change things when they translated and they did most of the translating and copying back in the day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This verse is one taken out of context on a consistent basis....

Sorry, but it's NOT...

It is what it says.

Women are to be submissive to the man, and they are not as equal as them.

There is no other way to read it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

And so it was written.

Sorry, but it's NOT...

It is what it says.

Women are to be submissive to the man, and they are not as equal as them.

There is no other way to read it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'd say something about being on the fence here, but I dont think I'm allowed to post in this thread yet, lest I support someone (even though I already stated I don't agree).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast