Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    It was perfectly okay under Judaism too. Why aren't you ragging on them?

    You want to talk cherry picking? There you go.
    Very well.

    And to be 100% fair, the OT is pure Judaism and technically no one in the OT was a "christian".

    I believe slavery is also OK in the Koran, which means Muslims are on the hook as well (then again, they're still living in the dark ages).

    Anyways, the reason I put the blame on christianity is because of Jesus.

    This guy (who was supposedly god) comes to earth and part of his mission was to change the laws and give the world the "good news".

    But he said NOTHING against slavery....for the next 1,900 years slavery would still be legal in the majority of the world.

    BTW.....

    "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

    ^NEW TESTAMENT....there is no excuse for christians.
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  2. #32


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,127
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Very well.

    And to be 100% fair, the OT is pure Judaism and technically no one in the OT was a "christian".
    There were no Christians before Christ? Tell me more!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    I believe slavery is also OK in the Koran, which means Muslims are on the hook as well (then again, they're still living in the dark ages).
    You scream bloody blue murder about Christians, quietly agree about the Jews and make excuses for Muslims. Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Anyways, the reason I put the blame on christianity is because of Jesus.

    This guy (who was supposedly god) comes to earth and part of his mission was to change the laws and give the world the "good news".
    Jesus wasn't God, no matter how many people tell you otherwise. Why would he ask himself why he has forsaken himself as he was dying? Makes no sense. He was supposedly God's son, but do continue.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    But he said NOTHING against slavery....for the next 1,900 years slavery would still be legal in the majority of the world.
    He said nothing about homosexuality either, correct? So should we blame lack of marriage equality on the guy who said "Love they neighbour as thyself"?
    Or should we blame all the men since who twisted his words, or lack thereof into something twisted. That seems to be your problem, I'm just not sure if you're reading a twisted interpretation or you're the one doing the twisting. Lack of "No" only means "yes" to someone who would do it anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    BTW.....

    "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

    ^NEW TESTAMENT....there is no excuse for christians.
    That's telling followers of Christ who are slaves that being Christian doesn't give them the right to overthrow their oppressors. They must still follow the laws of the land, which would include slavery.

    The only thing there's no excuse for is putting zero thought into something.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  3. #33
    I do accept all of the Bible and we can both agree that slavery is evil. I certainly do not cherry pick as stated before the christians stance on gay marriage is not something I subscribe to and why I still pray on that......I have a pretty good relationship with my priest, I am going to bring up your point and see what he says. This was sin created by human beings not Jesus.....agree with you that he might of wanted to chime in on that one.
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

  4. #34
    Very impressive, Wick.....I am going to hire you as my spokesperson! Lol
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    You scream bloody blue murder about Christians, quietly agree about the Jews and make excuses for Muslims. Interesting.
    That's right.

    I have very little interests on Jews and Muslims....since they DON'T affect my life the way christians do.

    Want a GREAT example of what they do to affect my life and the people I love....go see the thread I just made:

    http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...r-on-education!

    I'm more than happy to fight against their war to impose their beliefs where it does not belong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Jesus wasn't God, no matter how many people tell you otherwise. Why would he ask himself why he has forsaken himself as he was dying? Makes no sense. He was supposedly God's son, but do continue.
    Tell them that.

    I'm just going by what the majority of christians say, and that's that Jesus was indeed God.

    Go ahead and do a poll on whether or not Jesus was god, you'll see how they vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    He said nothing about homosexuality either, correct? So should we blame lack of marriage equality on the guy who said "Love they neighbour as thyself"?
    Or should we blame all the men since who twisted his words, or lack thereof into something twisted. That seems to be your problem, I'm just not sure if you're reading a twisted interpretation or you're the one doing the twisting. Lack of "No" only means "yes" to someone who would do it anyway.
    Sorry, but when GOD himself comes down to earth and he says NOTHING on a subject that was rampant at the time, there is NO excuse.

    Homosexuality wasn't a big issue back then, slavery was!

    He said nothing and did nothing about it!
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  6. #36


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,127
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Alex, for starters I do tell them that. It wasn't God, plain and simple.
    Second, you proved my point. You're angry at Christians for their politics, so you're slinging as much crap as you can because hey, if you throw enough, some is bound to stick, right.

    You're mad about one thing, but screaming about something else. Focus, man, focus.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  7. #37
    Jesus not God? I could agree and disagree with this, just depends how you look at it and your personal belief in who and what God is.

    as a Christian, Jesus never taught to follow the NT, the NT was cherry picked by man, written by man, translated by man, and interpreted by man.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  8. #38


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,127
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    Jesus not God? I could agree and disagree with this, just depends how you look at it and your personal belief in who and what God is.

    as a Christian, Jesus never taught to follow the NT, the NT was cherry picked by man, written by man, translated by man, and interpreted by man.
    Not really. Why would he ask himself why he has forsaken himself (after he had left himself, if you really want to get into the Trinity)?
    If you can answer that logically and realistically, I'll look at that one again.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Alex, for starters I do tell them that. It wasn't God, plain and simple.
    Second, you proved my point. You're angry at Christians for their politics, so you're slinging as much crap as you can because hey, if you throw enough, some is bound to stick, right.

    You're mad about one thing, but screaming about something else. Focus, man, focus.
    I hope you saw the new thread I made.

    There is blatant proof of how the religious right (very conservative christians) want to indoctrinate kids into their political and religious agendas.

    It's not slinging crap at them, it's defending our constitution.

    They don't want to keep their beliefs to themselves the way the rest of us do.

    They can't help it....they want to impose EVERYTHING they believe at us whether we like it or not.

    That's not right, and if I have to fight and get dirty defending our secular country, I will.

    If they want to live in a religious country so badly......I recommend Uganda, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran....I'm sure they'll like it there.
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  10. #40
    who came up with what you would describe as the Holy Trinity?
    Jesus?

    if you want to go with the idea of the trinity, my thoughts are the 3 personalities of God. The harsh father who must make sure the rules are set and followed, the loving dad who cares for his children, and the communicator.

    are we not all derived from God? Cannot it be said we are all a piece of God? in fact nothing can exist without it being from God, so in essence Jesus was God.

    They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you."
    He said to them, "You read the face of the sky and of the earth, but you have not recognized the one who is before you, and you do not know how to read this moment."
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •