Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Andrew Luck Upper Deck Update

Does anyone know if the redemption cards in SPX and Upper Deck from last year will be of Andrew Luck. I know he had an exclusive college partnership with Press Pass in 2012 but, the calendar year has changed. I really enjoy Upper Deck products this year because they have not flooded the market with set after set of 'hits' that include offensive linemen and players that were cut. As Sp Authentic releases today, can anyone give an update on to what the status of Luck's cards are with Upper Deck?

I rubbed the magic eight ball and it says "all signs point to yes!"

From what I am hearing after June 1, his press pass deal is done and the redemptions should be luck!
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

They want you to send them a SASE!
    Unbelievable.

They are going to PWE our $40 card?

Can this company think of anything else to screw up???

That would be fantastic if it was. I know everyone likes to bash Upper Deck but the reality is they have only put out 3 products in 2012. I understand they do not have the NFL license but they still make fantastic cards. Panini and topps are overflooding the market. Namely, Panini. It seems every week they have another new product out. It is hysteria. I love cards but how much money can people possibly spend opening packs and hitting $1-$5 hits on no name rookies.

I was actually wondering about this as well after seeing one of the trade upper deck cards on ebay. Gotta love redemptions for a guy you can't get until a year at least.

Yes but you HAVE to "flood the market" either with 12 different products OR by tripling production of 4 products to make a profit when competing head to head with another company AND trying to pay for the NFL license.

UD has its own market now, no competition and their license is much less than that of the NFL. You can like them because they haven't flooded the Market but the truth is that's not why they did it. If the were to go back to the NFL, they would triple the number of sets they produce.

And their college products are not good in my opinion anyway. I would buy press pass at less than $50 a box for 6 autos rather than the overpriced UD stuff
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
    That would be fantastic if it was. I know everyone likes to bash Upper Deck but the reality is they have only put out 3 products in 2012. I understand they do not have the NFL license but they still make fantastic cards. Panini and topps are overflooding the market. Namely, Panini. It seems every week they have another new product out. It is hysteria. I love cards but how much money can people possibly spend opening packs and hitting $1-$5 hits on no name rookies.
    Topps sets: 10 sets (yet to be released 5 Star, Magic, Valor, Supreme, Archives) Total : 15
    Panini sets: 12 sets (yet to be released NT, Contenders, Playbook, Totally Certified) Total : 16

The NFL controls how many sets the manufacturers can issue. They then charge the licensing rights for every allowed issue. If the maunfacturer doesn't release the max allowed, they are paying licensing fees for nothing.

Now that you see how many sets have been issued, do you feel different? Is it still too many sets for you? They all release the same amounts, and when UD was around, they would release 14 sets as well, which was the allowed max, so instead of 31 sets, one has 42. The mauin increase in auto card production of rookies over the past 5 years is actually due to Press Pass and Sage creating more and more sets. What was a one or two release manufacturers have become 5 to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by MCXC1987 View Post
    I was actually wondering about this as well after seeing one of the trade upper deck cards on ebay. Gotta love redemptions for a guy you can't get until a year at least.
    I think the redemption of the #1 pick over all is a lot better than not having him in the product. Guarantee UD does everything in its power to sign Luck and have those cards signed. If not, I imagine them at least releasing Luck non-autos and included another high profile QB auto. they couldnt take that hit.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

MCer. Thank you for sharing your information and perspective. I am a huge Colts fan and I am collecting Andrew Luck. You mentioned the Topps and Panini products which have yet to be released. When you look at the specific products which have not been released, you are mentioning their 'flagship' products and I can't wait to see them (or the first on EBAYers and how collectors react to the rookie tickets etc.).

I collect Andrew Luck. I do not do ridiculous Ebay prices. I want to deal but I just cannot do business in an irrational market to acquire every posession I wish to own. Come at me straight and I will return the same respect.

Here are my Andrew Lucks. All on card except my dual but hey, it's a classic and would look good with my other Colts players from priors. I buy what catches my eye. You buy what you want.

Topps Tall Boy mini set throwback reproduction auto (print runs? anyone)
    1952 Topps Chrome throwback auto (print runs? anyone)
    Absolute Memoriblia NFL 3 patch auto #/249
    R&S Crusaders red 2 clr 3 angle patch/auto ssp #/40 (very cool Euro design, I can just see it with a Messi on it but the patch was too small. Jumbo baby. Jumbo is where its at)
    Topps Strata Clr Cut red sick jumbo 2 clr patch/auto #/30
    Topps Chrome Duel Patch /auto ssp #/25
    Crown Royale Jumbo patch/auto #/149

My wish list an NT sick patch/auto. Was anybody else watching the Cam Newton NT RC 3 clr/auto? That one topped 800.00. Lots of people think that this Andrew kid is the best prospect in a long time. I don't know. Could be interesting. Bye bye season tickets, I need an NT!
    Last edited by MadColtsFan; 02-02-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadColtsFan View Post
    MCer. Thank you for sharing your information and perspective. I am a huge Colts fan and I am collecting Andrew Luck. You mentioned the Topps and Panini products which have yet to be released. When you look at the specific products which have not been released, you are mentioning their 'flagship' products and I can't wait to see them (or the first on EBAYers and how collectors react to the rookie tickets etc.).

I collect Andrew Luck. I do not do ridiculous Ebay prices. I want to deal but I just cannot do business in an irrational market to acquire every posession I wish to own. Come at me straight and I will return the same respect.

Here are my Andrew Lucks. All on card except my dual but hey, it's a classic and would look good with my other Colts players from priors. I buy what catches my eye. You buy what you want.

Topps Tall Boy mini set throwback reproduction auto (print runs? anyone)
    1952 Topps Chrome throwback auto (print runs? anyone)
    Absolute Memoriblia NFL 3 patch auto #/249
    R&S Crusaders red 2 clr 3 angle patch/auto ssp #/40 (very cool Euro design, I can just see it with a Messi on it but the patch was too small. Jumbo baby. Jumbo is where its at)
    Topps Strata Clr Cut red sick jumbo 2 clr patch/auto #/30
    Topps Chrome Duel Patch /auto ssp #/25
    Crown Royale Jumbo patch/auto #/149

My wish list an NT sick patch/auto. Was anybody else watching the Cam Newton NT RC 3 clr/auto? That one topped 800.00. Lots of people think that this Andrew kid is the best prospect in a long time. I don't know. Could be interesting. Bye bye season tickets, I need an NT!
    ????? I am confused by some of the trains of thought. I REALLY hope the majority of this rambling isn't actually aiming some of the comments towards me. If so, it should make an interesting thread.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

MC - Take it how you want Bud but be fair to me if you are insulting me. I reread it and saw nothing offensive. 'You buy what you want' may not work when switched to an imperative in a text thread. My meaning is "[Collectors] should purchase what they want to purchase" If you took offense, then don't even go where you are trying to go to bait me.

If you are confused by the train of thought then show me your hand. Which Andrew's do you have or are you just lurking? I am trying to figure out your style.
    Last edited by MadColtsFan; 02-02-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast