Nate "Tiny" Archibald

I wrote to Mr. Archibald a couple of weeks ago c/o his NYC address. I went to my PO Box yesterday and saw a stack of mail. I didn't have a chance to open all of it but I did notice a return from him. I was horrified to see that I got the envelope back but it was opened and nothing was in it. I don't know how I should update the forum. Also I was thinking about filing a complaint with the post office but am wondering what good would it do.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I wrote to Mr. Archibald a couple of weeks ago c/o his NYC address. I went to my PO Box yesterday and saw a stack of mail. I didn't have a chance to open all of it but I did notice a return from him. I was horrified to see that I got the envelope back but it was opened and nothing was in it. I don't know how I should update the forum. Also I was thinking about filing a complaint with the post office but am wondering what good would it do.
    USPS - it would be like flatulating in a hurricane...

Was it torn open or unsealed? I've gotten two returns from Archibald, both with my envelope unsealed.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

That sucks. Are you going to resend?

Yeah, that's the thing with TTM. Even with a good signer, there's always a chance of losing your card. I try to remember that when I am tempted to send out a high $$$ card.
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sounds like he just forgot or neglected to seal the envelope and your card(s) or photo(s) fell out along the way. Not worth filing a complaint... that will get you nowhere. You just gotta suck it up and re-send.

First rule of TTM: Never send anything you're not willing to never see again.

I only sent TAG card so no major loss. It's just the point of a possiblilty that someone could have stolen my mail.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yeah, don't file a complaint. I've sent to him probably 4 times over the last couple years and the only time it was sealed was when I sent an envelope with a tear off strip on the back.

The proper way the PO is supposed to handle this is:
    - Tape up / seal up the envelope.
    - Stamp "Received by PO unsealed" on it.
    How do I know? Because I just got a return like this. In the past though, I've received my share of unsealed, empty envelopes though.
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    Yeah, don't file a complaint. I've sent to him probably 4 times over the last couple years and the only time it was sealed was when I sent an envelope with a tear off strip on the back.
    I only use the peel n seal envelopes to avoid this. It seems very old school to use anything less. Who would expect a player to lick glue to give you an autograph? YUCK!!!!!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

I use the lick/glue they all come back sealed even tiny"s auto