Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    While I think Jerry is the greatest obviously with the numbers, I'm biased as a Marshall fan, but Randy did make Dante Culpepper look good. Mind you he had Cris Carter there, but his catches and speed where just amazing to watch. How quick he could get off the line his ability to go up and get a ball. Seeing him play with Cunningham and Brady was just too much fun to watch. Randy was just a freak of an athlete
    ~Matt

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............All that needs to be said. He is not, and will not be the greatest ever. Greatest deep ball run past everyone and go up and get the ball receiver, maybe. Best receiver ever, not close.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Jerry Rice responds to Randy Mossí claim that heís the greatest receiver ever

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...XJuYWw-;_ylv=3

"Iím very surprised Randy Moss used that in those words, that heís the greatest," Rice said on ESPN's "NFL Live." "Youíd never hear me say Iím the greatest football player to ever play the game. I let my body of work speak for itself, and I think I was able to be very productive on the football field.

Moss said that he can't be defined by stats, but that seemed to flummox Rice as well.

"You have to look at the stats, you have to look at how you impacted the game, and itís all about winning this right here, this is it, the Super Bowl, and I was fortunate to win three," said Rice, who was rightfully ranked No. 1 on the NFL Network's ranking of the top 100 players of all time in 2010. "Randy he finally has a chance to prove himself this weekend, and I wish him the best."
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

It bothers Rice , he has said before Moss was way more talented than he ever was. He is and always will be jealous of Moss. A superbowl ring is gained by a team. Not by one player as Rice said "I define my career by MY SB rings" .Rice has the stats for sure, but that only tells half the story. If Moss had Brady for 3 or so more years, all the people who say stats matter would be saying Moss is the best.
    Card Scans:
    Hidden Content

#ed / RCS / Inserts:
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MarionAutos View Post
    It bothers Rice , he has said before Moss was way more talented than he ever was. He is and always will be jealous of Moss. A superbowl ring is gained by a team. Not by one player as Rice said "I define my career by MY SB rings" .Rice has the stats for sure, but that only tells half the story. If Moss had Brady for 3 or so more years, all the people who say stats matter would be saying Moss is the best.
    Really? rice isn't jealous of moss. He is jealous of the physical gifts moss was born with and annoyed at how little he did with them. Rice has stats, super bowl rings, and the fact that NFL writers, coaches, and players all consider him the best ever at WR and maybe to ever play the game of football. Moss was the better deep threat. That is all. That is the only skill or talent that he was better at than rice.
    bucket:Hidden Content

Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

I heard them talking about this on the radio this morning and I had a thought. The greatest of all time doesn't need to go around trying to convince everyone he is the greatest of all time, they just know it.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by MarionAutos View Post
    The counter question to that would be if Moss was so great why did the Pats let him go?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I grew up a 49ers fan back in the 80's when it was Montana, Rice, Craig and the amazing 49ers teams. Jerry Rice will always be the best WR to play the game. He benefited from having HOF QB's like Montana and Young, and you can see that when Culpepper was good, it benefited Moss. He broke the WR TD record with Tom Brady at the helm. All I can say about this is that stats don't lie, but they did play in 2 different era's. Would of been great to see them playing against each other in their prime's!
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 7/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I heard them talking about this on the radio this morning and I had a thought. The greatest of all time doesn't need to go around trying to convince everyone he is the greatest of all time, they just know it.
    thats just it. moss isnt trying to convince anyone he is. he's called arrogant. he knows how good he is. he knows he can do anything any receiver can do and do it better. he did it his first year in the nfl simply cause he wanted to. he isnt trying to convince people he's the greatest. he's simply saying he is. he knows it. but everyone calls him arrogant for it.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    thats just it. moss isnt trying to convince anyone he is. he's called arrogant. he knows how good he is. he knows he can do anything any receiver can do and do it better. he did it his first year in the nfl simply cause he wanted to. he isnt trying to convince people he's the greatest. he's simply saying he is. he knows it. but everyone calls him arrogant for it.
    But he;s not the greatest. Could have been, possibly, but is not and will not be. Jerry Rice was still productive at 40. Moss is pretty much done at 35. Rice ran routes and went across the middle and got punished for it. Moss ran deep and out jumped guys. It's not even close. Rice has been considered by some to be the greatest NFL player of all time. Never heard moss called that.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast