Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
    I feel your definition of GREATNESS is different. People who are GREAT do not squander opportunity, they seize it. One is not great without overcoming the adversity one faces, and Moss was never one to overcome his own attitude issues.

I also still feel Emmitt was greater than Barry based on my definition of what I want from my RB. I need a guy who can get me 3 yards when I need it, not lose 3 often. I think its a moot point as Jim Brown can't be touched.
    yes you have a good point. thats why i said its just up to what everyone thinks. im sorry but emmit was good for a long time. barry was great for a short time in comparrison. greatness is determined by what you accomplished and how you accomplished it. moss is hated by many people. as a person there are few that like him and few that like him as a player. i think he's an idiot personally. regardless of what i think moss did more in a shorter period of time. thats facts. whether you like how he handled his self or not he did it and did it on raw talent that no wr has shown thus far.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

2. Wata Photo
    Quote Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
    Moss's mouth also allowed him to be moved from team to team and many teams having zero interest in him despite his talents. Unfortunately being one of the greats of all time extends beyond talent and he doesn't grasp that. Perhaps if he didn't mail in a few seasons because he didn't feel like playing he would be in the conversation. And one last note, if you really are the greatest you won't need to tell people or argue for it. People will already know and sorry Randy....we don't.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for high end:
    99' PTT Autos: Walter, & Emmitt - 01' Quantum Leaf AMM: Barry & Emmitt - BGS 9.5 HOF RCs

Dual/Triple Autos or Multicolor Patches of Walter/Barry/Emmitt/Brown

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    yes you have a good point. thats why i said its just up to what everyone thinks. im sorry but emmit was good for a long time. barry was great for a short time in comparrison. greatness is determined by what you accomplished and how you accomplished it. moss is hated by many people. as a person there are few that like him and few that like him as a player. i think he's an idiot personally. regardless of what i think moss did more in a shorter period of time. thats facts. whether you like how he handled his self or not he did it and did it on raw talent that no wr has shown thus far.
    i will gladly admit he has raw talent that no other receiver has had. I just don't know that you can even say he did more in a shorter period of time. I think rice takes this argument hands down, and that is without even factoring in what era they played in which only helps rice's case even more. Again, Moss is the better deep threat. Name me one other aspect of the game that moss is better than rice. People can point to culpepper as a sign that moss has worse Qb's than rice, but the reality is culpepper had one strength, he could throw the deep ball (probably better than montana and young) which is what moss needed. There were very few QB's at the time who would have played to moss' strength better than culpepper. I would even argue moss put up better numbers with culpepper than he would have with someone like peyton manning.
    bucket:Hidden Content

Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

except Brady has an average arm and he had a record setting year with him. That was yards after the catch. Moss jumped up and caught the ball cause he got down field so fast. So now he isn't great cause of his speed? He could burn any db on the field. Most of the time he had to stop and jump cause he outran the throw. It isn't just the result. People don't pay attention to why most of his catches were that way. They were that way cause he could do it. Very few wr in the NFL could do that. But I guess he isn't great cause he's not like everyone else. He was faster than the game. But I guess cause everyone else was slower than him he wasn't great. He made it look easy. He didn't have to run past 5 guys after the catch.

oh and another question. How many kick returns and punt returns did rice return for touchdowns? Moss did it on que. But since he didn't rewright the record book even though he could have, he chose not to, he's not great. Ok ok ok. I understand. Haters will be haters lol
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Moss has the best hands of all time and body control.

Moss is 6'4! People, hes not gonna be extremely shifty and elusive in the middle of the field as a Welker in todays game. Hes 35 and still has it. And I guess now Culpepper made Moss HAHAHA
    Card Scans:
    Hidden Content

#ed / RCS / Inserts:
    Hidden Content

This is an easy argument.. Jerry Rice is by far better because he played on the best team in the nfl.

Hi I'm Grant I collect ALL Seattle Seahawks

I super collect Marcus Trufant so please let me know if you have any of his cards minus base.
    Hidden Content

Thats a sick card though lol
    Card Scans:
    Hidden Content

#ed / RCS / Inserts:
    Hidden Content

Randy Moss now 0-2 in the Super Bowl
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Randy Moss now 0-2 in the Super Bowl
    With 100 yds total and 1 td....He's the best!!!!!
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu471 View Post
    The G.O.A.T? Nope. Was he blessed with possibly the best athleticism and potential of any WR ever? Probably.
    I agree, he may very well have had the potential to be the best but he he played half hearted his whole career....I dont think he is even the 2nd best...maybe not even 3rd for that matter.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast