Exclamation Ray Lewis denies PED use

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...-connected-ped

Ray Lewis was given a product to help heal his torn triceps that contains a banned substance, according to a Sports Illustrated report that will appear on newsstands Monday. The Baltimore Ravens linebacker has not tested positive and denies using it, a team official told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Mitch Ross, a co-owner of Sports with Alternatives to Steroids (SWATS), told Sports Illustrated that he spoke to Lewis shortly after the linebacker tore his triceps on Oct. 14 and he requested products that could help speed up his recovery. Deer-antler spray was among the prescribed treatments. Deer-antler spray contains a substance (IGF-1) on the NFL's banned list.

SWATS is the subject of an in-depth profile in Sports Illustrated's next issue. A version of the story was also posted on SI.com.

Lewis dismissed the report when he was asked about it at Super Bowl media day in New Orleans on Tuesday.

"Two years ago, it was the same report. I wouldn't give that report or him any of my press. He's not worthy of that. Next question," Lewis said.

Lewis was referring to a Jan. 19, 2011, story by Sports Illustrated on SWATS where Hue Jackson, then the Raiders' coach, was told by the NFL to cut ties with the company. Ross told ThePostGame.com in 2011 that he gave Jackson free products that the coach gave to players, including Lewis.

Lewis on Tuesday also said he doesn't want to give the company any publicity and questioned why he should respond to such "stupidity."

"Ray has been randomly tested for banned substances and has never failed a test. We have never been notified of a failed test. He has never been notified of a failed test," Kevin Byrne, vice president of communications for the Ravens, told ESPN.

The Ravens had a meeting with Lewis on Tuesday morning to discuss the article.

"He denied using the substance discussed in the article, and we believe him," Byrne told ESPN.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he has not talked to Lewis about the report.

"Ray has worked incredibly hard to get back. I would hate to see anything diminish that," he said. "My understanding is that he's passed every random substance test that he's taken throughout his career."

According to the NFL Players Association, the NFL tests for the banned substance (IGF-1) that Lewis was linked with in the SI article.

A league source told ESPN that it can be assumed that "Ray has been randomly tested multiple times for that substance."

Ross said Tuesday in an interview with ESPN Radio's "Scott Van Pelt Show" that he texted Lewis shortly after the linebacker was injured against the Cowboys.

He told ESPN Radio that Lewis "used every product that I had."

"I even developed an armband that I developed to strengthen his triceps, and some liquid wraps that would help him heal as well," he said.

When asked why Lewis is denying using his products, Ross told ESPN Radio: "I guess [Lewis] is scared of Roger Goodell."

Ross told SI he prescribed a program to help Lewis' recovery that included multiple components, including holographic stickers for the elbow, sleeping in front of a beam-ray light, drinking negatively charged water and taking a regiment of deer-antler pills and spraying deer-antler extract under the tongue every two hours.

When asked by SI whether he had talked to Ross, Lewis replied, "I told him to send me some more of the regular stuff, the SWATS, the stickers or whatever." Asked by the magazine whether what he was sent helped, Lewis replied: "I think a lot of things helped me."
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

And any confirmation will not come out until after the super bowl and he is retired.
    bucket:Hidden Content

Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    And any confirmation will not come out until after the super bowl and he is retired.
    And just like Lance Armstrong, he should be stripped of his ring (assuming they win).

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deer-an...3571--nfl.html

Deer Antler Spray supplier never saw Lewis use it

Sports Illustrated reported Tuesday that Lewis sought help from a company called Sports With Alternatives To Steroids (SWATS), which says its deer-antler spray and pills contain a naturally occurring banned product connected to human growth hormone.

Mitch Ross spoke for nearly an hour outside the Super Bowl media center Friday in a bizarre session that revealed very little about his connection with Lewis. The linebacker has denied ever using the substance.

Asked if Lewis ever tried deer antler spray, Ross said, ''I never saw him put it in his mouth.''

Ross said some Ravens players used his ''performance chips'' in the playoffs. Those are not banned by the NFL.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

hahaha that's good.

seriously if he has used anything he's done one heck of a job covering it up. Top post is right though. If he did use any of it he won't admit to it till after he retires. Although if he did use it and he hasn't been caught at this point there's no reason to spill it now.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra