Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    You scream as loud, often and annoyingly as they do. Personally, I see nothing wrong with religion in schools so long as it's taught as belief and not fact.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  2. #12
    really, then show me the undisputed proof of where life came from, where humans came from, how humans evolved. not hypothesis but actual proof, you cannot, but expect someone else to do so.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    You scream as loud, often and annoyingly as they do. Personally, I see nothing wrong with religion in schools so long as it's taught as belief and not fact.

    Herein lies the problem. Institutions are not presenting it as a choice, an option, or a possibility, they are shoving it down kids throats as FACT, when it's all hogwash.

  4. #14


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Herein lies the problem. Institutions are not presenting it as a choice, an option, or a possibility, they are shoving it down kids throats as FACT, when it's all hogwash.
    So the solution is to scrap it altogether instead of getting people who can teach it without ramming it as fact?
    That's shortsighted and counterproductive.

    (and don't tell me it's impossible. It's only impossible if you truly believe no one on earth is capable of thought)
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  5. #15
    I didn't say it was impossible, however it cannot be taught in a history class because there simply is no history of the life of Yeshua, written or transposed anywhere. The life of Yeshua Ben Merriam has no significant meaning or bearing on history, and is not found anywhere in the two histories of Roman or Jew in Palestine during that time - that IS fact.

  6. #16


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    I didn't say it was impossible, however it cannot be taught in a history class because there simply is no history of the life of Yeshua, written or transposed anywhere. The life of Yeshua Ben Merriam has no significant meaning or bearing on history, and is not found anywhere in the two histories of Roman or Jew in Palestine during that time - that IS fact.
    I wouldn't teach it in math either. What's your point?
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  7. #17
    My point is that christians want the life of christ and creation to be taught as history, nothing else. They do not want it as a social elective, they want it in the current subject list, just like reedin, and writin and go'sintos.

  8. #18


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    My point is that christians want the life of christ and creation to be taught as history, nothing else. They do not want it as a social elective, they want it in the current subject list, just like reedin, and writin and go'sintos.
    I sort of get you. Wish I didn't have to wade through prejudice.

    Forgive me for wanting change instead of throwing up my hands and saying "can't happen".
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    really, then show me the undisputed proof of where life came from, where humans came from, how humans evolved. not hypothesis but actual proof, you cannot, but expect someone else to do so.
    I hop you have a big house because I deliver a truck load of proof and data!
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    I sort of get you. Wish I didn't have to wade through prejudice.

    Forgive me for wanting change instead of throwing up my hands and saying "can't happen".

    Nothing for you to be offended about. I am in favour of having christianity and creation discussed in Elementary School, it has to be granted as a subject choice however, it cannot be considered of core subject matter.

    It must be an elective, and other world's religions must have as much time devoted as christianity and the bible talk does. When the playing field is leveled, everyone is happy.

    christians now want their religion taught as core subject matter, they want islam abolished from all talk, and judaism ignored, as well as the religions of the Asian sub-continent like hinduism and jainism, and buddhism. all ignored.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •