Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The cards will go down, but maybe it is worth buying cards of other backup QBs and wait for the right time to sell.

How did you find that info on the print run?

Really good article over at Beckett about the jump: http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/...e-steady-rise/

I got in on a few of his cards early. I wish I had grabbed a Playoff Contenders RC after the Bears game when they were "only" going for $40. Through a trade I was able to get 3-colour pieces of both his Limited and Gold Standard RC's. I'll be keeping those ones.

I'm counting on things remaining extremely hot between now and Sunday, and beyond with a 49ers victory in the Super Bowl.

I've got a Topps Precision up on the Bay that's scheduled to end about 20 minutes after the Super Bowl. If all goes well, it'll be a great night. LOL

Is it sustainable in the long term? Maybe not at the current white-hot levels. But people who got in on Kaep during this hot streak will be loathe to sell them for a discount of any kind. I'm not saying they'll be holding the bag (as I kinda am with all my Alex Smith stuff now) but we'll see what happens I guess. Who knows, a couple more years like this one for him and the 49ers and he could permanently be established in that top tier of collectible QB's of the current era.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 212 Unique Cards + 9 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Check out our Season-Long Contest sponsor for great deals!
    Hidden Content

I will be waiting for a while on him. His stuff is incredibly high for someone who has started 9 games. His stuff will sell for 50% of what is selling for next year regardless of the Super Bowl

Looks like if it hasn't burst it is deflating a bit on eBay. Seems like everyone thought he was going to win the Super Bowl and locked in prices way too high.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Looks like if it hasn't burst it is deflating a bit on eBay. Seems like everyone thought he was going to win the Super Bowl and locked in prices way too high.
    Yea -- I mean I think it probably would have deflated even with a win around June-July. Kaepernick looked great last night and (IMO) only added to the reasons to believe he is a future star. The only difference is that the hype machine has moved on. I'll probably start picking up a few more AUs of him in 2 weeks or so when the air lets out a bit more.
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

I will wait about a month and pick some up at reasonable prices. They are most likely to drop over the summer when 2013 cards hit come out

Yea I have been keeping my eyes on his Crown Royale Silhouette. They were selling $180-$200 before the Super Bowl. Now they are already down to about $125 because of the loss.

They will flatten out over the next month but still hold 60% of pre super bowl inflated value

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12