Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Is Jesus God?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yes

11 39.29%
  • No

8 28.57%
  • Partially

2 7.14%
  • Not Sure

4 14.29%
  • Don't care

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jesus God?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, this is a tough one for me to vote.

Because, as an atheist I firmly believe he's not god.

But that's not the REAL point of the question.

If I'm playing devil's advocate, then I must say that he IS god, because of the "Holy Trinity".

If he isn't god, then that opens pandora's box on christianity.

BTW....sorry folks, but the Bible is very contradictory on this subject:

Jesus is both GOD and not GOD at the same time....and as we learned from my "Laws of Logic" thread....that is Illogical!

Proof that the bible claims Jesus is God

John 1:1....In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

John 1:14.....
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

John 5:16-18......
    Therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 10:30-31....
    I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

John 14:9......
    He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.

John 20:28......
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

1Timothy 3:16......God was made manifest in the flesh.

Revelation 22:13.....
    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last

^It's ALL right there!

Irrefutable Bible proof.

You can't run away from this!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

For those that believe Jesus IS God; so when He died for our sins, He didn't actually die? He didn't actually suffer? Apparently it was all a "dog and pony" show to impress the masses.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So....my final decision is that the bible contradicts itself on whether or not Jesus was god....since I can easily post various passages which show that Jesus wasn't god, to the ones I listed that he WAS god.

Sorry christians, you have to explain why the bible says two different things on a topic this important.

Was Jesus the avatar god used on earth???

Or

Was Jesus the "son of god" but not actually god?

If the Latter is true?

Then are you worshiping two deities?

Does that make sense?

Do you see why I can't trust the bible?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Because of misguided teachings and a lack of understanding, yes, we get it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, it's not the bible, it is the translation and the teachings

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Also how do you explain John 20:17 which reads "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." This verse was written after the crusifiction. Mary wanted to touch Jesus after he rose from the dead and he told her not to because he hasn't ascended to his father (God). However he then tells he to tell everyone that he did ascend to his father. It could be either one of two things. Jesus lied (highly unlikely) or a mistranslation. I will go with the mistranslation. It should have been written go tell everyone that I WILL ascend to my Father. What do you think?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

alex, it's not the bible, it is the translation and the teachings

OK, let's think about that.

You mean to tell me, that god's "Infallible" word to man can't be translated or taught exactly the way he supposedly intended to....but at the same time this is a "Perfect" god, who wants to save all of humanity?

Seriously ask yourself if that makes sense.

Don't you think a perfect god would make his teachings easy to understand so that we all have an equal chance to be saved from hell?

Why are there so many translations?

Why are there so many interpretations?

Why is it so convoluted?

Is God playing a joke on us?

Does he enjoy seeing us scramble through dead languages trying to figure out what he meant?

Is this "National Treasure" and only the elite of deciphers get to the real reward?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but c'mon......this is UNFAIR!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

OK, let's think about that.

You mean to tell me, that god's "Infallible" word to man can't be translated or taught exactly the way he supposedly intended to....but at the same time this is a "Perfect" god, who wants to save all of humanity?

Seriously ask yourself if that makes sense.

Don't you think a perfect god would make his teachings easy to understand so that we all have an equal chance to be saved from hell?

Why are there so many translations?

Why are there so many interpretations?

Why is it so convoluted?

Is God playing a joke on us?

Does he enjoy seeing us scramble through dead languages trying to figure out what he meant?

Is this "National Treasure" and only the elite of deciphers get to the real reward?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but c'mon......this is UNFAIR!

Those are execellent questions Alex and it would be nice if his words would be so clear even a caveman could understand it. I don't know mabey God is teaching is reading, comprehension and critiical thinking skills.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Not that it can't be interpreted properly, but that it can be improperly interpreted. You look at things backwards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

veggie, even stranger is that Jesus was not recognized and He let Thomas touch Him.

alex, who said it was intended to be written? show me where Jesus speaks of the NT or that the NT is the word of God or that the NT was written by God.

again you are pointing out what man has done to religion, not the teachings of Jesus, who is the Christ, and His teachings are the only thing that Christianity is about.
    This does not mean Peter, Paul and the gang were wrong or misleading, but they were men.

and any work from antiquity can be argued on original content, whether Caesar or Josephus or anyone else.
    you just choose to pick on the Bible
    Last edited by shrewsbury; 01-30-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast