Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Is Jesus God?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yes

11 39.29%
  • No

8 28.57%
  • Partially

2 7.14%
  • Not Sure

4 14.29%
  • Don't care

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jesus God?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

KJV is a good translation but I agree it is helpful to use other translations or the original Greek (or Hebrew for the OT) as well. Just have to be careful with some translations that are more paraphrasing rather than translating and can lose some of the intent. I agree though, there are other good translations other than KJV alone.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

First of all we need to have faith in god and believe each word of the bible. Instead of trying to prove that jesus is god. Let's read these scriptures.

John chapter 10-30 which says; the father and i are one

john chapter 14 verses 8 & 9 phillip said, "lord show us the father and we will be satisfied.' v-9 'jesus replied. 'phillip dont you even yet know who i am, ever after all the time i have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the father. So why are you asking to see him? 'dont you believe that i am in the father, and the father is in me? The words i say are not my own, but my father who lives in me does his work through me.

This may not satisfy you, but i know our father love's us all and none of the words in the bible are wrong, but use your faith in jesus and you will be glorified when you pass away or he returns. I not only believe i know jesus is god because of my faith. Love each and everyone of you, and like i said before, pray for me as i will pray for you. God bless. I am not a preacher just a christian who falls short of the glory of god.

See, I thought he spoke to Moses through the burning bush because no man can lay eyes on the glory of God.

I guess he changed his mind on that one then...or God is God and Jesus is Jesus.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Your indivudual chruch may not but (correctly me if I am wrong) the catholic church unlike the baptist church is a centralized organization and each one ultimately answers to the vatican. Not knocking your personal faith but the centrehice has a valid point.

Here is a website that every Canadian and American should visit. It's called Bishop Accountability Dot Org. It has documented over 8,500 priests in the USA that have been accused of Child Molestation. Did I just say over 8,500 Priests in the USA alone?

Here's the link: http://bishop-accountability.org

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

KJV is a good translation but I agree it is helpful to use other translations or the original Greek (or Hebrew for the OT) as well. Just have to be careful with some translations that are more paraphrasing rather than translating and can lose some of the intent. I agree though, there are other good translations other than KJV alone.

So that brings up another question. Why is there no standard acceptable translation of the bible? Or better yet why can't the christian chruch encourage it members to learn how to read the scriptures in their original form? In Islam for example they do not refer to an English version of the Koran as the holy Koran but only as a translation. Muslims are encouraged to learn Arabic so that they can read and understand the Koran the way it was originally written and intended. Why can't christians use the same concept? It would sure clear up a lot of confusion.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 01-31-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Here is a website that every Canadian and American should visit. It's called Bishop Accountability Dot Org. It has documented over 8,500 priests in the USA that have been accused of Child Molestation. Did I just say over 8,500 Priests in the USA alone?

Here's the link: http://bishop-accountability.org

Wow that's just plain sick. I would abandon religion all together if that's what it took to keep my kids for being abused by monsters like that who are not worthy of breathing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

See, I thought he spoke to Moses through the burning bush because no man can lay eyes on the glory of God.

The reason God had to use the burning bush to speak to Moses, but that everyone else in the bible is allowed to see Jesus, is because of one thing, and that's a lack of plot continuity. Just like in Spider Man, when Peter shoots his web at his bedroom lamp and pulls it across the room, it smashes against the wall and breaks. But when Aunt May is talking to Peter from the door seconds later, the lamp is back on the dresser in one piece. These oversights happen all of the time.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So...you're comparing Spiderman to Jesus then. Is Satan DocOc?

That explanation made no sense whatsoever. Are you telling me the bush was unnecessary? Never happened? T he bible is a poorly written entertainment piece and can be replaced with an Archie?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

That explanation made no sense whatsoever. Are you telling me the bush was unnecessary? Never happened? T he bible is a poorly written entertainment piece and can be replaced with an Archie?

You are on the right track, it ends at a poorly written entertainment piece. It's simply a piece of literature, with hints on how to live in complete fear.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You are on the right track, it ends at a poorly written entertainment piece. It's simply a piece of literature, with hints on how to live in complete fear.

That's the general teaching. If one reads it on their own, there is a lot less fear involved. For example if one reads the bible instead of just listening to a dude talk and taking it as fact, hell disappears completely.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm saying that, as far as I'm concerned, the Bible is a work of fiction, so there are inaccuracies and contradictions galor, much like other works of fiction (Spiderman was an example).

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast