Poll: Is Jesus God?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jesus God?

Is Jesus God?

To biggyback off our recent bible discussion I would like to know do you believe that Jesus is God, part of God, or not God at all. Why do you feel the way you do? Feel free to quote the bible, koran or whatever you like.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Not God, never claimed to be.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

The don't give a damn option is a good one.

Is there anyway I can say "Not god, and don't care together"?

I'm undecided. Luke 5:16 says that So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed. What would be the point of Jesus praying to God if he is God himself? But he then says in John 10:30 "I and my Father are one." I don't believe that any of the regulars of P&R follow the islamic faith but I also wanted to put out what the Koran says as well just for discussion sakes. The Koran was referring to Allah (God), not Jesus in this quote.

Say: He is God, One God!
    God, the eternally Besought of
    all!
    He was not begotten nor begetteth.
    And there is none
    comparable unto Him.

Last edited by mrveggieman; 01-30-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I'm undecided. Luke 5:16 says that So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed. What would be the point of Jesus praying to God if he is God himself? But he then says in John 10:30 "I and my Father are one." I don't believe that any of the regulars of P&R follow the islamic faith but I also wanted to put out what the Koran says as well just for discussion sakes.

all!
    And there is none
    comparable unto Him.

"I and the father are one" is telling people to listen because his message is God's message.

You're right though, why would he pray to himself? Why would he forsake himself? Why would he ask why he forsaked himself.
    The Trinity is bunk of the stupidest class. God sent his only son, Jesus...he didn't send himself. Also, the Holy Spirit is God's guiding force, not yet another word for God. They're three separate entities. The Trinity makes less than no sense.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I'm undecided. Luke 5:16 says that So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed. What would be the point of Jesus praying to God if he is God himself? But he then says in John 10:30 "I and my Father are one." I don't believe that any of the regulars of P&R follow the islamic faith but I also wanted to put out what the Koran says as well just for discussion sakes. The Koran was referring to Allah (God), not Jesus in this quote.

all!
    And there is none
    comparable unto Him.

Bible, written by weird, frightened men. It's literature, why all the credence given?

Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    "I and the father are one" is telling people to listen because his message is God's message.

You're right though, why would he pray to himself? Why would he forsake himself? Why would he ask why he forsaked himself.
    The Trinity is bunk of the stupidest class. God sent his only son, Jesus...he didn't send himself. Also, the Holy Spirit is God's guiding force, not yet another word for God. They're three separate entities. The Trinity makes less than no sense.
    So do you believe Jesus was always with God, but not God himself?

I voted no from my knowledge of the topic, but I think it's open to interpretation within the religion.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast