Poll: Is Jesus God?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 116

Thread: Is Jesus God?

  1. #41


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,133
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    True, we are all a bi-product of our experiences. I guess what I am trying to say that the religion and beliefs have nothing to do with the evil people that use it as a hideout to commit horrific acts. Do I agree with the way the recent church has handled it's abuse of children? Absolutely not, but in the same respect, it is not going to cause me to change my beliefs that are based on scripture, I believe to be, right for me.
    You don't think the actions of those claiming to be your link to God says anything of the beliefs they peddle.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    You can have your beliefs, but if you continue to support an organization like the catholic church, when you know full well that the man at the top directed all the theatre after those horrific crimes were committed, then you are as guilty and as hypocritical as the the current pope and his entourage.

    You should be making a statement about your Faith, but you should also condemn your church and worship elsewhere, because the catholic church is a corrupt organization that protects and gives succour to Pedophiles, and that my friend is as criminal as it gets.
    The labeling that you do is what is criminal.......I, over several posts, have voiced my disgust at what happened to you and what should happen to those who abuse. What you have failed to do is move past the hatred (which I understand), to separate the acts of a few with the religion of many. Each person who doesn't go up to a priest, smack them in face, and renounce Catholicism are guilty in your eyes. Sorry, I can disagree with ugly actions of a few and still hold tight to my beliefs.

    I find it sad that I respond to a post and state my view on a poll question and you immediately attack me and my beliefs. It shows me you are driven to one line of thinking without any capacity to read what is being posted. Now stop hijacking this post and let others comment on the true question in this poll.
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    You don't think the actions of those claiming to be your link to God says anything of the beliefs they peddle.
    Sorry......nice try, but the church I attend and have attend for many years, does not employ priests who have committed criminal acts and abuse. The ones who have committed these acts are or never were my link to God.
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

  4. #44
    and "Jesus is God" takes the lead by a nose!
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    The labeling that you do is what is criminal.......I, over several posts, have voiced my disgust at what happened to you and what should happen to those who abuse. What you have failed to do is move past the hatred (which I understand), to separate the acts of a few with the religion of many. Each person who doesn't go up to a priest, smack them in face, and renounce Catholicism are guilty in your eyes. Sorry, I can disagree with ugly actions of a few and still hold tight to my beliefs.

    I find it sad that I respond to a post and state my view on a poll question and you immediately attack me and my beliefs. It shows me you are driven to one line of thinking without any capacity to read what is being posted. Now stop hijacking this post and let others comment on the true question in this poll.
    Pay attention!

    I said you can have your beliefs, you believe in god and the trinity...... fine. This has nothing to do with me getting hit with canes by nuns, priests, and teachers, as a child, it has nothing to do with me being told that I am insignificant and am going to hell.

    It has everything to do with crimes committed on other children, that of a much more serious and deleterious nature.
    You have completely forgotten to address the Crimes at hand, those committed by your church, the sexual abuse to thousands and thousands of children on behalf of the elders of your church. That is the issue and nothing else.

    You have not brought up the sexual and mental abuse of these children, why is that? Are you that bloody blind?

    I just posted half a page of injustices and you've completely ignored them, and shifted the goal-posts back to my personal situation.

    The catholic church harbours and protects pedophiles. If you do not believe this, then you are in a severe category of denial. Stop changing the subject to me jacking you on your beliefs. It's not the issue here.

    You belong to a criminal organization, Don't like it, then move on.
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-30-2013 at 08:15 PM.

  6. #46
    I, my filthy mouthed friend, am moving on! Thanks for that option.......


    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Pay attention!

    I said you can have your beliefs, you believe in god and the trinity fine. This has nothing to do with me getting hit with canes by nuns, priests, and teachers, as a child, it has nothing to do with me being told that I am insignificant and am going to hell.

    It has everything to do with crimes committed on other children, that of a much more serious and deleterious nature.
    You have completely forgotten to address the Crimes at hand, those committed by your church, the sexual abuse to thousands and thousands of children on behalf of the elders of your church. That is the issue and nothing else.

    You have not brought up the sexual and mental abuse of these children, why is that? Are you that bloody blind?

    I just posted half a page of injustices and you've completely ignored them, and shifted the goal-posts back to my personal situation.

    The catholic church harbours and protects pedophiles. If you do not believe this, then you are in a severe category of denial. Stop changing the subject to me jacking you on your beliefs. It's not the issue here.

    You belong to a criminal organization, Don't like it, then move on.
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

  7. #47


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,133
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    Sorry......nice try, but the church I attend and have attend for many years, does not employ priests who have committed criminal acts and abuse. The ones who have committed these acts are or never were my link to God.
    Your individual church has very little to do with it. Sorry, nice try.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Your individual church has very little to do with it. Sorry, nice try.
    Do the thousands of churches who also employ these types of priests have anything to do with it?
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

  9. #49


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,133
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    Do the thousands of churches who also employ these types of priests have anything to do with it?
    The people who your priest answers to turn a blind eye, or worse, so not directly.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    Do the thousands of churches who also employ these types of priests have anything to do with it?

    Yes, they follow the directives of the Vatican. They are more than implicated. When local monies are paid out, it's often done on the behalf of the archbishop of the archdiocese.

    If a pedophile priest is transfered to a parish that did not any injustices committed in their history, they have no choice but to accept that priest.

    Catholics are not showing disdain to the Vatican, they are simply paying lip-service, and hoping like yourself, that all will be forgotten.

    Parishes that have a wonderful rich history, and have no problems now or in the past are still pawns of Ratzinger and his criminal organization.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •