Poll: Is Jesus God?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 116

Thread: Is Jesus God?

  1. #61
    KJV is a good translation but I agree it is helpful to use other translations or the original Greek (or Hebrew for the OT) as well. Just have to be careful with some translations that are more paraphrasing rather than translating and can lose some of the intent. I agree though, there are other good translations other than KJV alone.

  2. #62


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,913
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryw7 View Post
    First of all we need to have faith in god and believe each word of the bible. Instead of trying to prove that jesus is god. Let's read these scriptures.


    John chapter 10-30 which says; the father and i are one

    john chapter 14 verses 8 & 9 phillip said, "lord show us the father and we will be satisfied.' v-9 'jesus replied. 'phillip dont you even yet know who i am, ever after all the time i have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the father. So why are you asking to see him? 'dont you believe that i am in the father, and the father is in me? The words i say are not my own, but my father who lives in me does his work through me.

    This may not satisfy you, but i know our father love's us all and none of the words in the bible are wrong, but use your faith in jesus and you will be glorified when you pass away or he returns. I not only believe i know jesus is god because of my faith. Love each and everyone of you, and like i said before, pray for me as i will pray for you. God bless. I am not a preacher just a christian who falls short of the glory of god.
    See, I thought he spoke to Moses through the burning bush because no man can lay eyes on the glory of God.

    I guess he changed his mind on that one then...or God is God and Jesus is Jesus.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Your indivudual chruch may not but (correctly me if I am wrong) the catholic church unlike the baptist church is a centralized organization and each one ultimately answers to the vatican. Not knocking your personal faith but the centrehice has a valid point.
    Here is a website that every Canadian and American should visit. It's called Bishop Accountability Dot Org. It has documented over 8,500 priests in the USA that have been accused of Child Molestation. Did I just say over 8,500 Priests in the USA alone?

    Here's the link: http://bishop-accountability.org

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by shortking98 View Post
    KJV is a good translation but I agree it is helpful to use other translations or the original Greek (or Hebrew for the OT) as well. Just have to be careful with some translations that are more paraphrasing rather than translating and can lose some of the intent. I agree though, there are other good translations other than KJV alone.

    So that brings up another question. Why is there no standard acceptable translation of the bible? Or better yet why can't the christian chruch encourage it members to learn how to read the scriptures in their original form? In Islam for example they do not refer to an English version of the Koran as the holy Koran but only as a translation. Muslims are encouraged to learn Arabic so that they can read and understand the Koran the way it was originally written and intended. Why can't christians use the same concept? It would sure clear up a lot of confusion.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 01-31-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Here is a website that every Canadian and American should visit. It's called Bishop Accountability Dot Org. It has documented over 8,500 priests in the USA that have been accused of Child Molestation. Did I just say over 8,500 Priests in the USA alone?

    Here's the link: http://bishop-accountability.org

    Wow that's just plain sick. I would abandon religion all together if that's what it took to keep my kids for being abused by monsters like that who are not worthy of breathing.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    See, I thought he spoke to Moses through the burning bush because no man can lay eyes on the glory of God.
    The reason God had to use the burning bush to speak to Moses, but that everyone else in the bible is allowed to see Jesus, is because of one thing, and that's a lack of plot continuity. Just like in Spider Man, when Peter shoots his web at his bedroom lamp and pulls it across the room, it smashes against the wall and breaks. But when Aunt May is talking to Peter from the door seconds later, the lamp is back on the dresser in one piece. These oversights happen all of the time.

  7. #67


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,913
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    So...you're comparing Spiderman to Jesus then. Is Satan DocOc?

    That explanation made no sense whatsoever. Are you telling me the bush was unnecessary? Never happened? T he bible is a poorly written entertainment piece and can be replaced with an Archie?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    So...you're comparing Spiderman to Jesus then. Is Satan DocOc?

    That explanation made no sense whatsoever. Are you telling me the bush was unnecessary? Never happened? T he bible is a poorly written entertainment piece and can be replaced with an Archie?
    You are on the right track, it ends at a poorly written entertainment piece. It's simply a piece of literature, with hints on how to live in complete fear.

  9. #69


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,913
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    You are on the right track, it ends at a poorly written entertainment piece. It's simply a piece of literature, with hints on how to live in complete fear.
    That's the general teaching. If one reads it on their own, there is a lot less fear involved. For example if one reads the bible instead of just listening to a dude talk and taking it as fact, hell disappears completely.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    So...you're comparing Spiderman to Jesus then. Is Satan DocOc?

    That explanation made no sense whatsoever. Are you telling me the bush was unnecessary? Never happened? T he bible is a poorly written entertainment piece and can be replaced with an Archie?
    I'm saying that, as far as I'm concerned, the Bible is a work of fiction, so there are inaccuracies and contradictions galor, much like other works of fiction (Spiderman was an example).

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •