Poll: Is Jesus God?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 116

Thread: Is Jesus God?

  1. #91
    I dont know you but jesus does and i apologise that many of you are upset at what i said that god said also. You are right to your belief and i dont thank any of you are 6 years old. You are a man just like me and i respect that. I dont agree with what you say and you dont agree with me but i am going to believe every word in the bible and even though i wil fall short i want to walk as close to god as i can. Ask yourself this question if i am right which in my opinion i know i am and if you are wrong what will the outcome be. If i am wrong the way you thank then i still dont lose.

  2. #92


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,482
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatchett View Post
    Wow...you've heard someone say God is Spider Man. That's just strange.
    You obviously don't get out much.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryw7 View Post
    I dont know you but jesus does and i apologise that many of you are upset at what i said that god said also. You are right to your belief and i dont thank any of you are 6 years old. You are a man just like me and i respect that. I dont agree with what you say and you dont agree with me but i am going to believe every word in the bible and even though i wil fall short i want to walk as close to god as i can. Ask yourself this question if i am right which in my opinion i know i am and if you are wrong what will the outcome be. If i am wrong the way you thank then i still dont lose.

    Have god send you to grammar school. Tell him that the points you need brushing up on are as follows:

    1. Run-on sentences
    2. Failure to indent
    3. Proper usage of periods, and commas
    4 Template for sentence structure
    Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.

    Want List:Hidden Content

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    cool show me hogwarts and real wizards, oops you can't.


    the facts are people have been trying to proof the bible false as long as it has been around.

    it started with such things as cities and regions that did not exist, but when they were found, they had to move to other things. next was the people in the bible, good example Pilate, heard this for years and years, then oops, found that Pilate existed, the list goes on and on.

    and alex, I know you are not mocking, I like to pick your brain!!!!
    The bible can be 100% true in historical facts and geography....that says nothing to me.

    Most fictional books (like I already proved) do the same.

    The fact that outside the bible NO ONE wrote of the things Jesus did (miracles) is a huge red flag.

    The fact that the bible itself contradicts Jesus' life is another huge red flag.

    And finally....the fact that the bible can't even directly tell us whether or not Jesus is god or the son of god (as we began discussing in this topic) clearly tells me this is a flawed book.
    "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness..."

    -Albert Einstein

  5. #95


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,482
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    The bible can be 100% true in historical facts and geography....that says nothing to me.

    Most fictional books (like I already proved) do the same.

    The fact that outside the bible NO ONE wrote of the things Jesus did (miracles) is a huge red flag.

    The fact that the bible itself contradicts Jesus' life is another huge red flag.

    And finally....the fact that the bible can't even directly tell us whether or not Jesus is god or the son of god (as we began discussing in this topic) clearly tells me this is a flawed book.
    The bible also can't do jumping jacks or gas up your car. You need to put some work into it instead of being mad the answer don't magically appear. You have a right to your opinions, but your expectations are impossible. You're asking a book, an inanimate object, to show you everything.

    Do you ask your stove to make dinner? Or do you make dinner using your stove. The bible won't give you the answers, you have to use it to find them. It's a guide, not a manual.

  6. #96
    Well said

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    The bible also can't do jumping jacks or gas up your car. You need to put some work into it instead of being mad the answer don't magically appear. You have a right to your opinions, but your expectations are impossible. You're asking a book, an inanimate object, to show you everything.

    Do you ask your stove to make dinner? Or do you make dinner using your stove. The bible won't give you the answers, you have to use it to find them. It's a guide, not a manual.
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

  7. #97
    I want to thank each one of you for talking about my saviour, and this will be the last thread i send. I am very happy about the votes now about jesus being god. Take care and god bless and it does not deal with fiction like spiderman

  8. #98


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,482
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryw7 View Post
    I want to thank each one of you for talking about my saviour, and this will be the last thread i send. I am very happy about the votes now about jesus being god. Take care and god bless and it does not deal with fiction like spiderman
    What???

  9. #99
    alex, here is my issue with your comparison.

    spiderman was written in modern time with known characters. The bible was written in antiquity with many of the people and places were unknown to modern man until their discovery and there has been numerous.
    the neat thing is often you can explain some of the things in the bible, that seem unbelievable, with science. some will say this proves the bible is true, some will say this proves it was a book of half truths, twisted truths, or things explained the best way they knew how.
    to me it would be reasonable that if their were a creator and He created the universe as we know it, then why would He not use nature instead of magic fairy dust?

    now as far as other gods, such as in ancient Greece and Asia. the only discovery of anything to do with their mythology is dinosaur bones were often mistaken for their giant heroes, dragons, or monsters, and sometimes these bones were worshiped.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    The bible also can't do jumping jacks or gas up your car. You need to put some work into it instead of being mad the answer don't magically appear. You have a right to your opinions, but your expectations are impossible. You're asking a book, an inanimate object, to show you everything.

    Do you ask your stove to make dinner? Or do you make dinner using your stove. The bible won't give you the answers, you have to use it to find them. It's a guide, not a manual.
    That's not the point.

    I've already explained through various examples of how it has failed as a guide.

    And none of us can even agree on the basics!

    Is hell a place of torment or a separation from god?

    Is Jesus god or the son of god and a totally different person from Yahweh?

    Was Jesus born of a virgin? (Only 2 of the 4 gospels say this!)

    Didn't Jesus say his return would be in the lifetime of the apostles?

    These are simple questions that should be YES or NO, but that's not what we're getting.

    Let me get another book and easily answer questions from it.....Harry Potter.

    Did Harry Potter's family die? YES

    Was Harry Potter a Wizard? YES

    Was Hogwarts a school for magic? YES

    Was Voldemort a good guy? NO

    You see how easy that is.....you see how the bible doesn't do the same?
    Last edited by JustAlex; 01-31-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness..."

    -Albert Einstein

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •