Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Is Jesus God?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yes

11 39.29%
  • No

8 28.57%
  • Partially

2 7.14%
  • Not Sure

4 14.29%
  • Don't care

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Is Jesus God?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

prove the bible is true?

geographically true, non Israel kings in bible existed, other non Israelites mentioned in bible existed, military tactics are accurate.

pieces of the NT that date back to the 1st and 2nd centuries

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

prove the bible is true?

geographically true, non Israel kings in bible existed, other non Israelites mentioned in bible existed, military tactics are accurate.

Don't forget so many thought Ur was a myth because nothing was there...then they dug far enough and found it.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Your indivudual chruch may not but (correctly me if I am wrong) the catholic church unlike the baptist church is a centralized organization and each one ultimately answers to the vatican. Not knocking your personal faith but the centrehice has a valid point.

So yes, in terms of centralization, the catholic church is setup like a corporation in that you have the dioceses that everntually lead back to the Pope. So I am not stating that we do not take direction from the Vatican our parish ultimately does.

The fact still remains that I share the Catholic beliefs as they were laid out over centuries.

I am going to say this one last time.......As a Catholic, I do not support abuse of children by the hand of anyone involved in the Church.....They should be prosecuted and buried under the jails........Period........I am not going to try and justify my beliefs any further that is between me and my God.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So you're saying the worst kind of people are selling the true path to God?

That just seems wrong somehow.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow...you've heard someone say God is Spider Man. That's just strange.

SCF Rewards
    Country

prove the bible is true?

If you want to say that geography and tactits are proof that the Bible is true, then Babylonian, Greek, Norse, and Roman mythology is true as well. The fact-based parts of it are true, the ones that refer to physical matter and ways of thinking. The part that I would argue would be the supernatural man part of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

prove the bible is true?

I will now prove Spider-Man is true.

#1 Geographically true....New York is a real city, America is a real country....it's all there!

#2 Obama came out in Spider-Man as well as other real American presidents.....and hey, that's Real!

#3 It is also accurate time wise....and discusses events that really did occur in history!

Shrew, I didn't do this to mock you, I did it to show that any book can be shown to be "accurate" in respect to historical events, geography, and people who did in fact exists.

But that doesn't mean that they are 100% real.

I could do the same with Harry Potter, but we both know that magic isn't real....why?

Because it violates the laws of logic, physics, and nature.

SCF Rewards
    Country

of course you would, because the supernatural cannot be explained or proven.

so the 90% facts are dwindled by the 10% supernatural?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Why can't Batman be God or Green Arrow? Green Arrow is a very underrated super hero and God.

SCF Rewards
    Country

cool show me hogwarts and real wizards, oops you can't.

the facts are people have been trying to proof the bible false as long as it has been around.

it started with such things as cities and regions that did not exist, but when they were found, they had to move to other things. next was the people in the bible, good example Pilate, heard this for years and years, then oops, found that Pilate existed, the list goes on and on.

and alex, I know you are not mocking, I like to pick your brain!!!!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast