Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Is Jesus God?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yes

11 39.29%
  • No

8 28.57%
  • Partially

2 7.14%
  • Not Sure

4 14.29%
  • Don't care

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jesus God?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Mess:

Answer these questions:

1. Do you follow Ratzinger the current Pope, and agree with his platform?

2. Do you think that Ratzinger is responsible for hiding the pedophile activity that was committed by priests and bishops under his direct supervision from Rome while he served Karol Wojtyla/JPII ??

3. Do you think that any priests, archbishops, or even cardinals should stand trial for direct pedophilia, or in aiding and abetting those who committed the sexual abuse in various countries around the World.

4. Do you think that it is not criminal for the Vatican to offer the pedophile priests a safety net, and moving them to the Vatican to avoid trial in their local law jurisdictions?

5. Do you consider priests as citizens of the country they were born in, live in, and conduct mass in, or are they citizens of the Vatican alone?

6. Do you feel that all members of the catholic church should be allowed to vote as to who their leaders are and if not, why?

If the answer is no, then explain why the Vatican is such a secretly run organization, one of the richest countries in the World, yet none of you know anything about what goes on there. Why are you so in the dark about an organization and an independent country that the Vatican is?

These are all important questions that must be answered by all catholics, as their church has committed heinous crimes, and simply ignoring them is not any kind of response.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Thanks for putting me on the stand....but I will pass...too tired to answer at the moment....maybe tomorrow. I am gonna futz with my cards for now......we can agree on that no?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that we can all agree, using logic and common sense, that if a small percentage of people commit crimes, then any who share common views with them are also guilty.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

I voted yes, as I believe in the Holy Trinity.....it is what I was taught as a Catholic. In our teachings there are three persons in the one Godhead, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.....this is the Blessed Trinity. Obviously, there are other religions that don't see it this way, but it is a tenant of our faith as it is in the Apostles' Creed the foundation of my Catholic belief........

This is not what the Apostles' Creed says. The Apostles' Creed states the following:
    "1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
    2. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
    3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
    4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
    5. He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again.
    6. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    7. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
    8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    9. the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints,
    10. the forgiveness of sins,
    11. the resurrection of the body,
    12. and life everlasting.
    Amen."

What you are thinking of is the Nicene Creed which states the following:
    "We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible.
    And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten of the Father [the only-begotten; that is, of the essence of the Father, God of God], Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;
    By whom all things were made [both in heaven and on earth];
    Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down and was incarnate and was made man;
    He suffered, and the third day he rose again, ascended into heaven;
    From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
    And in the Holy Ghost."

As you can see, the Apostles' Creed seperates God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit while it is the later Nicene Creed that merges them together into one entity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

Also how do you explain John 20:17 which reads "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." This verse was written after the crusifiction. Mary wanted to touch Jesus after he rose from the dead and he told her not to because he hasn't ascended to his father (God). However he then tells he to tell everyone that he did ascend to his father. It could be either one of two things. Jesus lied (highly unlikely) or a mistranslation. I will go with the mistranslation. It should have been written go tell everyone that I WILL ascend to my Father. What do you think?

Veggie, there is a difference in the way the two phrases are worded. The first is "I am not yet ascended to heaven" while the second is "I ascend unto my father" not "ascended". This is speaking of a future event and most other translations render it as "I am ascending" or something along those lines, which makes it a bit easier to understand. So to summarize, I agree with your second idea, Jesus is speaking of a future event

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kadey9955's Items on eBay

Jesus is god

First of all we need to have faith in god and believe each word of the bible. Instead of trying to prove that jesus is god. Let's read these scriptures.

John chapter 10-30 which says; the father and i are one

john chapter 14 verses 8 & 9 phillip said, "lord show us the father and we will be satisfied.' v-9 'jesus replied. 'phillip dont you even yet know who i am, ever after all the time i have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the father. So why are you asking to see him? 'dont you believe that i am in the father, and the father is in me? The words i say are not my own, but my father who lives in me does his work through me.

This may not satisfy you, but i know our father love's us all and none of the words in the bible are wrong, but use your faith in jesus and you will be glorified when you pass away or he returns. I not only believe i know jesus is god because of my faith. Love each and everyone of you, and like i said before, pray for me as i will pray for you. God bless. I am not a preacher just a christian who falls short of the glory of god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe in the 3 in one also and i am of the baptist faith. You have probably seen what i sent to others but you can look up these scriptures and see jesus is god; john ch 10 v 30, john ch 14, v 8 & 9
    phillipians ch 2 v 5-8. Love you and god bless.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jmatchett. We do commit sin's when we let our mind go astray, but we just like the few you talk about that commit crimes, need to ask jesus christ for forgiveness, and we need to turn our life over to him, because he is the only way to heaven, and that is the only place i want to go. Pray for me as i will pray for you. God bless

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Veggie, there is a difference in the way the two phrases are worded. The first is "I am not yet ascended to heaven" while the second is "I ascend unto my father" not "ascended". This is speaking of a future event and most other translations render it as "I am ascending" or something along those lines, which makes it a bit easier to understand. So to summarize, I agree with your second idea, Jesus is speaking of a future event

Yeah I also believe that he was saying that he will ascend to his father not that he already did.. However the problem that I have with the way it was written is that it was poorly translated suggesting that he was telling people that he already ascended to his father. It goes back to people wanting to use the KJV Bible as the no all end all, perferct word of God with no errors or mistranslations wich even Stevie Wonder can see that is not the case.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Sorry......nice try, but the church I attend and have attend for many years, does not employ priests who have committed criminal acts and abuse. The ones who have committed these acts are or never were my link to God.

Your indivudual chruch may not but (correctly me if I am wrong) the catholic church unlike the baptist church is a centralized organization and each one ultimately answers to the vatican. Not knocking your personal faith but the centrehice has a valid point.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast