Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox3 View Post
    Even that wont change anything.
    I disagree, people thought the same thing about AIDS until Magic Johnson caught the disease, for example...

---
    Culliver's comments were ignorant, and the fact he plays in San Francisco really makes it worse for him. Sure it's his opinion, but it's an ignorant one.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox3 View Post
    Even that wont change anything.
    I disagree. Of course it wouldn't just change over night from a super star coming out, but there would be change. If you look at the change in attitudes within regular society towards homosexuals over the past 30 years there is change, even if it's slow. I feel the main reason for people's attitudes changing is if they have direct experiences with homosexuals. Then they see that they are just as normal as straight people. Having homosexuals out within a sport would expose those people who have the problems. I think a lot would change their views especially if they happen to be close to this said teammate.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

This story needs more meat...

Always collecting: Marshawn Lynch, Lamarcus
    Aldridge, Oregon Ducks, 2005 Prime Patches,
    07-08 UD Black (basketball)

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Either way he would still have the freedom to say whatever he wants in America.
    “Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.”
    Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Freedom of speech is not absolute. I doubt you would say he is free to say whatever he wants if he was giving away US military secrets. I doubt Culliver would support someone saying he same thing he said, except about African Americans. Homophobia can be just as destructive and offensive.
    "Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe" - Kurt Vonnegut

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Glad jones smoked him and made him look like more of a fool
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

The irony is that most of you guys would not want to be naked in a locker room with an openly gay guy or guys. That is all he said. He didn't bash gays, say he was against being gay, say he opposes gay marriage or call for all gays to be imprisoned. All he said was that he wouldn't be OK with a gay guy in the locker room.

Nah…can't be…in the locker room man.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    The irony is that most of you guys would not want to be naked in a locker room with an openly gay guy or guys. That is all he said. He didn't bash gays, say he was against being gay, say he opposes gay marriage or call for all gays to be imprisoned. All he said was that he wouldn't be OK with a gay guy in the locker room.
    Are you saying you don't see any problem with Culliver's comments?
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for high end:
    99' PTT Autos: Walter, & Emmitt - 01' Quantum Leaf AMM: Barry & Emmitt - BGS 9.5 HOF RCs

Dual/Triple Autos or Multicolor Patches of Walter/Barry/Emmitt/Brown

people are still expected to conduct themselves a certain way publicly. I don't think he should have come out and said that. I also think if a player is gay they don't need to say it. Its still a business and they should conduct themselves as such. Gay or not, or what you think about it is irrelevant as a public professional. It has no place in it either way. Keep your personal life out of your work no matter what it is.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    In high school, my teammate in swimming, one of the best swimmers in the state was openly gay. He didn't try anything, he didn't even look at us. This is such a dumb statement and generalization to make. Are you attracted to every girl you see? No. Are gays attracted to every guy they see? No. Stop generalizing.

its not generalizing. Its the idea that the guy could be looking at them. Whether he really is or not. A lot of strait guys aren't comfortable with that idea.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast