Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you consider a good find.

When going thru your cards that you put aside for a rainy day at what monetary value would you consider it a good find,5 dollars,10 dollars or 20 or more dollars just a curiosity question.The reason I ask is I was going thru my 2011 Topps looking for Trout rookies,didn't find any of them but I did find a Kaline and a Berra sp,so not a bad little search.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Anything you forgot you had that has any value is always a good find. Especially if it's just sitting in a random box.
    No more international shipping for me with the new shipping rates, sorry.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    star base

Anything going for more than what I paid for it
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

It depends. I always considered a good card for a cheap price to be a great find. At Frank N Sons collectible show in southern CA in 2011, I got a Steve Garvey rookie (condition about a 7.5) for $5, easily 1/4 its worth. On ebay last year, I won a Clayton Kershaw AU rookie card for 1/2 it's book value.

Those I consider great finds.

FYI: I was one of those lucky ones to pull a Mike Trout out of a pack of 2011 Topps Update. I see that card going on average between $20-$25 on ebay. I guess that is a good find too.
    Last edited by Ledd Raubstur; 01-31-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

Also, hold on to your rookies/2nd year players especially if their auto/relics!!!!!!!!

You never know what they may be worth later on.

I was buying a lot of topps chrome 2006 and topps co-signers 2006 early that year, pulled a few autos of a few young players but no big names. Still, I held onto them. In '07/ '08 i kept seeing up and coming Hanley Ramirez busting out with these big #s at SS, and I kept thinking: 'That name seems familiar, where have I seen/heard it?' I rummaged through my collection and found 2 of the autos I kept were a Hanley Ramirez 2006 Topps Co-Signers AU (book value $60) and a Hanley Ramirez 2006 Topps Chrome AU <black border refractor> (book value $80). I also found a Jon Papelbon/Al Reyes 2006 Topps Co-Signers (book Value $25).
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

Well I found the jackpot bag in one of the tubs in my computer room,had 5 topps Trouts,2 Bowman platinum Trouts and my Bowman silver ice,bag also had a bunch of gu cards in it,the best being the Harper ud signature stars u.s.a card.I was also pulling all my 2012 Ginter cards as I searched have about 800 think I'll be able to put the set together,that's tomorrow's chore all carded out at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledd Raubstur View Post
    Also, hold on to your rookies/2nd year players especially if their auto/relics!!!!!!!!

You never know what they may be worth later on.
    100% disagree. If you are in this hobby for the money, you flip a card the moment you can turn a profit.

Even if Trout hits 700 home runs and drives in 2000 RBI, his RC will never be worth more then it is right now. (reference Ken Griffey) And all it takes is one major injury, or other SNAFU to make Trout into another Ben McDonald.

A few years back I found a box I forgot about that had a Brady auto.DUH don't know how i forgot it but it was on the Bay and sold within a week to a nice tune.
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ajcorleone View Post
    A few years back I found a box I forgot about that had a Brady auto.DUH don't know how i forgot it but it was on the Bay and sold within a week to a nice tune.
    I don't forget that I have the cards I just forget which tubs I put them in.I need to get more organized,but being organized isn't as much fun.When I'm low on cash I just search thru cards I already have and I usually find better cards than I would've pulled out of a new blaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast