Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't necessarily agree, gps. Trout's had 1 great year. He's hot. But not white hot like Albert Pujols was a few years ago. If Trout has a string of 4 or 5 years like this last one. His rookies will all easily double in value. Look at Jeters and Riveras rookies. All are at least double what they're worth 10 years ago because of landmak #s they've accomplished. What about Ripken, Jr.? When was his card worth more, when he won his 2nd MVP in '91 with his best seasonal stats ever or when he broke the consecutive games record in '95?

My point is it's way too early to say Trout's rookie has topped out and that it'll never become more valuable than now. With the numbers he put up in arguably the greatest rookie season of all-time, I don't know how you could bring up a Ben McDonald comparison and still type correctly
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

I just got back into the hobby after years away, I had forgotten some of the stuff I had. Looked back through it recently and found the Peyton Manning rookies, Tom Brady rookies, older baseball rookies. Barry Bonds, Greg Maddux, Ichiro, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
    I just got back into the hobby after years away, I had forgotten some of the stuff I had. Looked back through it recently and found the Peyton Manning rookies, Tom Brady rookies, older baseball rookies. Barry Bonds, Greg Maddux, Ichiro, many more.
    That's awesome when you can find the top rookies from your older collecting days,some nice one's there Congrats.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

A few years ago I was looking through an old box in the basement and found a Michael Turner Contenders rookie ticket auto. It was just in an old box with base. Sold it for $30-40 on eBay.. that was nice.

On the flip side I threw out all of my 2011 Topps Update doubles of commons after I put the set together and I'm sure there was a Trout or two in there.
    Hidden Content - Have/Want lists, Breaks + More! Hidden Content
    I collect these players: Hidden Content , Hidden Content + NY Giants, Yankees
    01/10/10 - 500th Dave Winfield Card -- 08/28/11 - 600th Card -- 01/27/12 - 700th Card!

My eyes light up for anything that I find worth more than $1. More than anything though, is when I find cars to finish collections, or that tie me to my past.

I also just got back into collecting as well, and was heavy into it in the 70's and 80's, so as I dig through hat stuff, I am having a lot of Ah HA moments
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

A good find is whatever makes you say SWEET when you find it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12