Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcorleone View Post
    As a former cook would you get on the waitress then and try to right her wrong? Do you agree she should have been fired for poor service if it happened one time?
    I already said getting her fired was a d move. Why do I need to say it again.

As a cook, I had no idea what tips individual waitresses received, which I got a portion of. I did , and do know, however, that the attitude in the back is usually the attitude out front too.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

True teamwork and a good face is key.Alsol prompt service.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    I already said getting her fired was a d move. Why do I need to say it again.

As a cook, I had no idea what tips individual waitresses received, which I got a portion of. I did , and do know, however, that the attitude in the back is usually the attitude out front too.
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcorleone View Post
    True teamwork and a good face is key.Alsol prompt service.
    Crappy service = low/no tip - cooks have no control over this
    Crappy food = no/low tip - servers have no control over this

Everyone depends on everyone else.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

Exactly like I said teamwork

Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Crappy service = low/no tip - cooks have no control over this
    Crappy food = no/low tip - servers have no control over this

Everyone depends on everyone else.
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

The thing to do is when you come to a restaurant with a group of 6 or more, ask if there is an automatic gratuity. If there is, then ask for the manager and tell them how much business they are about to lose, because you are WALKING.

I have done this many times with my sales guys, and most good restaurant managers waive the fee if they know you are about to drink about $1,000.00 worth of booze before you eat.

If they don't waive it, then walk. I will decide on how much to tip and whether a gratuity is to be given based on the level of service and the taste and temperature of the food, nobody else will decide that.

Well said I have done the same and have never been turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    The thing to do is when you come to a restaurant with a group of 6 or more, ask if there is an automatic gratuity. If there is, then ask for the manager and tell them how much business they are about to lose, because you are WALKING.

I have done this many times with my sales guys, and most good restaurant managers waive the fee if they know you are about to drink about $1,000.00 worth of booze before you eat.

If they don't waive it, then walk. I will decide on how much to tip and whether a gratuity is to be given based on the level of service and the taste and temperature of the food, nobody else will decide that.
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

The dumb thing about automatic tipping is, with me, the server usually loses out as I tip 20 if there was no issues with the service.....
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I will say parties over 15 I have no problem with auto gratuity.

This why I love living in the UK, we only have to tip if we decide the service was good enough.
    The pastor was a doosh. She was clearly trying to be 'funny' and I feel her embarrassment is not at what she said but the fact she got caught.
    She should not have been fired. But maybe it was a good excuse to let her go. She might have sucked at her job.
    I collect: Orlando Magic Charlotte Bobcats UNC Alumni International Players Rudy Gay and James Harden.
    Also interested in any 2009/10 Upper Deck GU or Autos you may have.

Hidden Content

Bottom line is that this guy brought god into a situation that had nothing to do with god. As I mentioned, he needs his bollocks kicked in as the girl is now unemployed.

This thing has gone Viral now, and Applebees will lose their arse. She will be re-instated and the dork pastor will be given a $100.00 gift certificate, which is probably what the tight-was wanted all along.

Applebees sucks a giant hole already, I don't know how their profile could get any worse than it is.
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-31-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast