Results 1 to 2 of 2
01-31-2013, 05:15 PM #1
SCF Official Review: 2012/13 ITG Heroes And Prospects
First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at In The Game for providing us with this box.
18 packs per box
9 cards per pack
Current Retail Price (online): $74.99-$94.99
- 18 packs per box with 9 cards per pack*
- Authentic Game-Used Memorabilia Cards 1:7 packs**
- Autograph Cards 1:7 packs**
- Non-Memorabilia Insert Cards 1:6 packs**
- 3D Class of 2013 cards 1:9 packs**
- He Shoots; He Scores Program is now even easier with only 150 points required or keep the points cards & collect the puzzle pieces!
This year's base card set will 199 cards. The first 30 cards will be Heroes, the next 120 cards will be Prospects and the last 49 base cards in the set will be 2013 Draft Picks. However, the Draft Picks will feature ITG's 3-D fronts (1:9packs**). You won't believe the way these cards look. In ITG's opinion, the best 3-D cards the hobby has ever seen.
Collectors spoke and this year for the very first time, the entire Prospects part of the set will feature CHL players only.
12-13 Heroes and Prospects will pose a very interesting dilemma for collectors, "to collect or not collect". The Decoy Cards in this product have been designed in a similar way to the 2011-2 Between The Pipes Puzzle Cards. So collectors will have to choose between collecting the Decoy/Puzzle cards or submitting them for redemption cards.
There will be eleven different players who will have Decoy/Puzzle cards to collect or redeem.
Now here's some great news for He Shoots He Scores collectors. Collectors will only be required to submit 150 points for the 2012-13 Heroes and Prospects He Shoots He Scores program. That's something new from In The Game.
Look for even more Authentic Game-Used Memorabilia cards & Autograph cards inserted 1:7 packs** not to mention the Non Memorabilia Inserts 1:6 packs**.
* eight base cards plus one decoy card or game-used memorabilia card
**insert ratios are based on the entire production run and are not guaranteed in any individual box or case
199 Card Base Set
- includes the ever popular Heroes, the most sought after Prospects and our first ever Class of 2013 3D Subset 1:9 packs!
Non-Memorabilia Inserts (1:6 packs)
- Three great Non Memorabilia Inserts featuring the best of the best: 2012 Memorial Cup, Subway Super Series and Top Prospects!
Authentic Autograph Cards (1:7)
- Over 100 Autographs to collect from Top Prospects and Heroes alike!
Game-Used Memorabilia Cards (1:7)
- The Heroes and Prospects tradition continues with stunning Authentic Game-Used Memorabilia cards.
WHAT WE PULLED
Base - 137/150 (91.3%)
Class of 2013 Prospects: 2/49 (4.08%)
Memorial Cup (1)
Subway Super Series (1)
Top Prospects (1)
He Shoots He Scores Redemption Cards (15)
Alexis Pepin Autograph
Ryan Strome Autograph
Hero And Prospects Silver Version Mikhail Grigorenko/Gilbert Perreault Dual Jersey /40
Subway Super Series Game Used Jersey Black Version Christopher Clapperton Jersey
Subway Super Series Jersey and Auto Silver Version Morgan Rielly Jersey/Autograph /40
Base - 5/5
Design - 4.5/5
Fun - 3.5/5
Value - 4/5
Rebuy - 4/5
Overall - 21/25 (84%)
4 Hits per box, though most box likely to yield 5
Wonderful design change in the base cards
3-D cards are great, excellent addition as they are essentially a chase set
HSHS program lowered to 150 cards instead of 200
Hero Autographs are super short printed
Worth investing in more than one box
Can get tedious at times as half the packs on average are just base
Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at In The Game for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.itgtradingcards.com.
All of the base and inserts are available for request. Please PM me with the card or cards of interest. Cards will remain available for 30 days for the time this review is posted. As always, only VIPs are permitted to make requests for the first 48 hours.
02-01-2013, 08:20 PM #2
nice little hit on the Reilly!