Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ProspectorDave View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Rodriguez comes back, to be honest. First with the hip issue, and now with the PED allegations. He may just as well hang it up.
    Too much money for him to walk away from I think

Quote Originally Posted by baseballboy2 View Post
    This is just one of the many reasons why I dislike Brian Cashman. He doesn't think before he throws around outrageous contracts.
    I agree with what you said about Cashman but I'm pretty sure it was either Hank or Hal that wanted Arod. Cashman was against it but they overruled it.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Since the Yankees like throwing money around so much, they should go after Roy Oswalt. They can probably fetch him for close to nothing. The back end of their rotation is bound to have some problems like it always does, so why not?
    So how would adding Oswalt, coming off an injury and a 5.80 ERA last season with the Rangers, help their back of the rotation problems? I live in Texas, and watched him play. He was God awful. Barring a big time turn around/miracle, Oswalt won't do anything to help the Yankees.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    So how would adding Oswalt, coming off an injury and a 5.80 ERA last season with the Rangers, help their back of the rotation problems? I live in Texas, and watched him play. He was God awful. Barring a big time turn around/miracle, Oswalt won't do anything to help the Yankees.
    You're judging him based on last year? For the price they can probably get him for, it doesn't matter. It's worth the risk. He's been a very good pitcher throughout his career.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I believe A-Rod would be better off just hanging it up now. Health problems are catching up with the Hips and PED use on top of that. Would be better to just hang it up.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

You're judging him based on last year? For the price they can probably get him for, it doesn't matter. It's worth the risk. He's been a very good pitcher throughout his career.
    That's kind of how sports works. He's been trending downwards for 2 years, why would it get better pitching in Yankee Stadium?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    Yeah really, Alex before you telling everybody you're not going anywhere, you should talk to the management that is looking for any excuse to ship you out of town!

I do like the Hafner deal though, he'll have a solid year with the Yanks.....
    How is it you 'like' the Hafner deal if ur a Yankees fan? He's never been the same since the shoulder injury he had a few years ago and he's only played over 100 games in a season once since 2007 'cause he's always hurt. He came off hitting .228 last year and he's gonna be 36 years old this year. How is any of this adding up to 'good' for the yankees?? It smells like desperation to me.

But, you know what? I think it's a great for the Yankees...only cause I'm a Dodger fan and hate the Yanks with a passion...
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

this is all starting to make me kind of mad.... I like Arod! why is everybody flipping on him?? -_-
    Collecting ALL Allen Iverson Items
    PM Me If You Have ANYTHING!

Also, Lambeau, don't expect the Yankees to be throwing so much money around in the near future. I hear the Stienbrenner's want the salarly for the near future to be under $190 milllion, $18 million a year less than it already is.
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

Like Gladdy said, ya, that's kinda how baseball works. He might have been a good pitcher in the past, but none of that means a hill of beans now.

In the last two years, his ERA is up a full run over his career average. His WHIP is up substantially, as are his hits allowed per 9 innings pitched. His walks are up, and his strikeouts are down. None of those metrics are encouraging. Who cares if the Yankees have money to spend? It doesn't mean they should spend it foolishly, and signing Oswalt is a high risk/low reward deal.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast