Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Twinsfest 2013

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

Twinsfest 2013

My most relaxed Twinsfest yet. Only paid for one autograph. Crowds were down significantly from previous years and I got everything I planned signed. Can't beat that.

Friday
    Miguel Sano 1/2-8x10
    My hands were full, so I set down the 8x10s I had for the other players at the table at the edge of the table and went to hand Sano an OMLB. He reached under the ball, grabbed an 8x10 of him I had on the stack, signed it, and then refused to sign my ball saying 'Only one' when I asked him to sign the ball in Spanish. I was bummed.

Aaron Hicks 4/6-OMLB (great sig for him), printing plate, two cards

Kyle Gibson 4/4-OMLB, 8x10, 2 cards

Trevor May 1/1-8x10

Alex Meyer-6/6-OMLB, 11x14, 4 8x10s-I told him I would gladly wait til tomorrow if he didn't want to sign everything at once, but he had no problem doing them all

11x14

8x10s

Chris Parmelee 1/1-SS OMLB-help from a friend

Trevor Plouffe 1/1-8x10 Got him at the very end of the night for free as he was walking back from his session.

Prospects on a logo 8x10
    BJ Hermsen
    Cole Nelson
    Chris Hermann
    Michael Tonkin
    Caleb Thielbar
    Austin Malinowski
    Nate Hanson
    Kyle Knudson
    Ryan Pressly
    Pedro Hernandez

And the biggie:
    Former GM Bill Smith signed card

Total: 29 graphs

Saturday:
    Only had two goals in mind and got them both.
    Miguel Sano-2 SS OMLB (1 with help)

Joe Mauer-11x14

Added Alex Meyer to my prospects 8x10
    Caleb Thielbar-card
    Chris Hermann-card

Total: 6 graphs

Listening to Alex Meyer try to have a conversation with Sano in Spanish was like this...
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRq82c8Baw[/youtube]

Couldn't be happier. 35 autographs, only paid for one of them (Mauer).

I had planned to hit more stations, spend more money, but I found a Stan Musial SS OMLB with HOF for $60 at the Bob Feller booth and that changed my budget significantly. But, getting a Stan SS for that price is more than worth it. Also nabbed a nice Feller 8x10 for $10.

Excuse my poor cell phone photos

BANNED

Country

Killer stuff! Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Hoffpauirfan5's Items on eBay

Alex Meyer is Awsome. He was the only guy at the MLB Futures game in KC last year that signed for pretty much everyone before the game. All the other players signed anywhere from 5-15 autos or none and then just stopped signing. He signed for about 45 min. Great guy

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was Nate Roberts there? I got his autograph at an AZ Fall League game and he is a really cool guy. Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No Nate Roberts this year.

A note on Kyle Gibson...he's always been an absolutely upstanding guy, one of the most fan friendly. Friday night, a fan wanted a jersey signed in paint pen. Kyle asked if he should shake the pen first to make sure it was flowing well. Kyle gave it a shake and it exploded all over Kyle's shirt and the jersey. The fan was really apologetic for ruining Kyle's nice dress shirt. Kyle told him not to worry about the shirt, went and found a box of tissues and tried to clean the paint off the jersey before it dried. Most players would have been really ticked in that situation but Kyle was solely worried about the fan's jersey.
    Last edited by dscards; 01-27-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Spelling is hard.

BANNED

Country

No Nate Roberts this year.

A note on Kyle Gibson...he's always been an absolutely upstanding guy, one of the most fan friendly. Friday night, a fan wanted a jersey signed in paint pen. Kyle asked if he should shake the pen first to make sure it was flowing well. Kyle gave it a shake and it exploded all over Kyle's shirt and the jersey. The fan was really apologetic for ruining Kyle's nice dress shirt. Kyle told him not to worry about the shirt, went and found a box of tissues and tried to clean the paint off the jersey before it dried. Most players would have been really ticked in that situation but Kyle was solely worried about the fan's jersey.

Great guy A+!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@FirstPitchCards

Looks like an awesome time at Twins Fest. I went Saturday and had the goal of getting Liam Hendriks and Corey Koskie along with the other two at their session. Then pick up some cards and a few memorabilia items.

When we got there my buddy went to the line for Sano, while I went to find pictures and check out the lines for the other sessions. While looking for photos, Carroll and Parmelee were just sitting there with Mastrianni (spelling?), so I picked up their photos and got those three. Parmelee and Mastrianni were cool guys to talk to, Carroll, he was kind of a jerk about it.

Ended up with 9 autos (Mastrianni, Carroll, Parmelee, Dick Stigman, Corey Koskie, Tim Wood, Liam Hendriks, Plouffe, and Pelfrey) from the sessions for about $90. Hit to the account, but fun to talk to a lot of those guys. Only real jerk was Carroll, Koskie was kind of short, but still nice.

Was nice with fewer people around. Can't wait for it again next year.

Lots of cool stuff for your collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wonder what was up with Carroll...he has always been one of the nicest guys on the team. He's never seemed all that talkative, but he's always been incredibly fan friendly and willing to sign whenever asked. Koskie, well, I've never been a fan of his.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Late seeing this thread but awesome successes! Love the story about Gibson. He was super nice. I was really impressed with Meyer and Gibson. I was waiting in the tunnel on the Saturday for some free autographs from bigger names and Gibson walked by and chatted with me for a little bit. He was very cool! I love your photos!