Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alex Smith Will Not Return with 49ers Next Season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...9ers-nears-end

Alex Smith knows he is entering his final days as a San Francisco 49er.
    Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports that Smith will not be a member of the team next year. The 49ers will try to trade him, but they will cut him early out of respect to Smith if nothing happens quickly.

The news of Smith's eventual departure is not a huge shock, but it's very notable that the team would be amenable to possibly cutting Smith. Rapoport notes that the 49ers have a strong relationship with Smith and his agent, Tom Condon. They believe he's earned the right to pick a team and be treated right.
    So what teams are interested in Alex Smith?
    So far: The Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals, Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs. The New York Jets have not shown interest yet. (Of course, any official contact would be against league rules at this stage.
    I guess this was a foregone conclusion but it is still a bit disappointing to see. He's handled this demotion will class and been the consummate professional and teammate during the entire process of Kapernick's rapid ascension. I hope he ends up going to a good organization where he can thrive and continue to build upon the foundation he's had in place the past couple years.

And wherever that should be, I've got a good sized collection of cards to send to the fanbase of that team.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 204 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Check out our Season-Long Contest sponsor for great deals!
    Hidden Content

No way he'll go to the Jets. Ryan clearly has special feelings for Sanchez that goes beyond the employee-employer relationship.

KC, meet Alex Smith.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

He needs to land in arizona, if thats an option.

well arizona has no qb. they need one. alex smith isnt a big passer so it will depend on the head coach. they would have to set up a heavy run game and their running backs are suspect as well as the o-line. they need to rebuild in arizona. if smith goes there it will be like archie manning when he went to new orleans.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

I don't see why any team would be willing to trade for him. He is a glorified back-up at best. Only thrown for 3000 yards one time, never thrown for 20 TDs in a season, career completion of 59%, win-loss record of 38-36-1. If my team needed a QB and he is who we got I would be EXTREMELY unhappy.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Do u think he's the best choice out of all the free agents and rookie qbs? I don't see many that are better, at this point. Vick being the only exception.

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I don't see why any team would be willing to trade for him. He is a glorified back-up at best. Only thrown for 3000 yards one time, never thrown for 20 TDs in a season, career completion of 59%, win-loss record of 38-36-1. If my team needed a QB and he is who we got I would be EXTREMELY unhappy.

Any team that gets him is going to get a really good QB and a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    You have to factor into the context of those numbers the turmoil facing the 49ers for some of those years. You don't get a first overall selection by being world-beaters, after all. The franchise went through numerous offensive coordinators and personnel over the years, so there was never an opportunity to settle into a proper system. Once stability came to the 49ers, you get a much more accurate reflection of his capabilities...

Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT
    2011 San Francisco 49ers 16 90.7 445 273 61.3 3144 17 5
    2012 San Francisco 49ers 10 104.1 218 153 70.2 1737 13 5

Those are some pretty solid numbers and while they're not dominant QB levels like a Rodgers, Brees, Manning, or Brady, you can't argue against 13-3 and 6-2 records over the past two years, and a muffed punt return away from a Super Bowl appearance. He's not a general, he's a manager, but he's pretty good at that.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 204 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Check out our Season-Long Contest sponsor for great deals!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LancerArmstrong View Post
    No way he'll go to the Jets. Ryan clearly has special feelings for Sanchez that goes beyond the employee-employer relationship.

KC, meet Alex Smith.
    Sources have confirmed that Sanchez lets Rex rub his feet in turn for starts.

Smith is the real deal.
    I would love for my team to have him!!
    Collecting ALL Allen Iverson Items
    PM Me If You Have ANYTHING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast