Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

Tired of the "no longer mailing to Canada"

Canadians have been paying twice as much to send to the US compared to US items being sent to Canada since Christ was a kid. Most everyone just did it and never said a single word NOW all I see and hear is all the complaining about the new rate increase.........here's a thought, if you are going to be that petty about shipping costs, FACTOR IT INTO THE OVERALL TRADE. I'm sure many Canadians would consider this if they want a card bad enough.

SCF Rewards
    Country

+1 I guess we're just use to it... Hopefully US ebay sellers and trades aren't affected too much. A card I wanted to bid on in the USA shipping is 8$, for one card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Yeahhhhhhhh BUT......you gotta admit the new USPS rates are just this side of insane-o. Our bubble mailers went up the usual dime to $2.20 (plus tax), and we know it happens like that every year, but they got a JOLT of an increase.

Gonna kick the knees out from under the commons/base/cheapo insert/UD Game Jersey market, I'm seeing $1 auctions on eBay with $8 shipping charges...................... :(

BANNED

Country

Most of the issue is with eBay. Sellers from US can't charge shipping because if they do their DSR's will get destroyed. With dealing off eBay it shouldn't be a big issue. I just send with a safe PWE or bubble mailer if it is a big enough sale. I mean the rates have gone up 350% over 18 months or so. From about $2 to $3.30 to now $6.50 or whatever. That is a crazy jump.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

It's not so much shipping to Canada for me, its more-so not worth it on a trade for a card thats worth $10. $6.55 is honestly quite a bit when sending between 30-40 trades a month on average.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Canadians have been paying twice as much to send to the US compared to US items being sent to Canada since Christ was a kid. Most everyone just did it and never said a single word NOW all I see and hear is all the complaining about the new rate increase.........here's a thought, if you are going to be that petty about shipping costs, FACTOR IT INTO THE OVERALL TRADE. I'm sure many Canadians would consider this if they want a card bad enough.

Where are you getting your information from? How can you call something petty when certain branches of the USPS are charging $6.55 for one card in the smallest bubble envelop from anywhere in the USA to Canada, when in November of 2011 that card was .93 cents to send.

I don't call that being Petty at all. I don't think you realize what has actually happened in the last 5 days for some of us, not all of us, but many of us.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

I don't do big trades a lot of my deals are really small it low bvd so I don't have the money to throw away on shipping for cards that are worth less than that. Sure if, once in a blue moon, I find someone that wants to do s big trade and they are in Canada ill be down but other than that pwe or no thanks, really can't afford it

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

That is why I am saying factor it in to the value on your side of the deal rather than crossing your arms and going "hmmmph" like is happening. Like I said, we have been paying twice as much for years and now that US sellers/traders are paying twice as much it's a big deal. centrhice just nailed it down ....when it was 93 cents for you and $2.20 for Canadians , that was acceptable. Tables have turned....sucks , don't it

I'm just saying I personally will keep this in mind come tradin time, and I'm sure many will
    Yes low end deals are now history across the boarder.
    pwe is an option for sure. Nice to see some of you looking for solutions instaed of perpetuating the "woe is me" attitude.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See babyblueboy's Items on eBay

Old rates-$.93 for US vs. $2.20 for Canadians

New rates-$6.55 for US vs. $2.30 or whatever the new rate is for Canadians

I think theres a little bit of a difference there. In my experience since it's been raised, Canadians don't seem to acknowledge that the rates are very different and they are unwilling to adjust the trade for the shipping rates. Paying 7 bucks on a 10 dollar trade is just not worth it if you have a high volume of trades
    Last edited by egghead529; 02-01-2013 at 05:15 PM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

dornhoffer:

What are you talking about? I got a bubble envelop last week from Canada with one card - $2.05

70% of Quebec eBayers have been charging between $4.50 and $7.00 to ship one card from there for the last year and 1/2.

Again, I don't know why you are having a snit.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-01-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast