Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Landeskog victory Black Rookie Question?

I just won this card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261161768358...84.m1438.l2649

11-12 Landeskog victory Black Rookie. I do not know too much about the victory blacks. Im pretty sure they are the rare ones. I happened to notice it with 3 min left so I had no time for research and the listing provides no INFO lol.

My question is is this the rare one? Also did I get a good deal on it as it seems cheap if its? Im working on a small landy PC and Im hoping this is the rare one.

Any help is appreciated Thanks
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Yes the blacks are the rare ones, while UD doesn't release numbers on them they are very SP and I'd say $7.60 is a great price on that one!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea, it goes regular, gold than black. Landeskog was in UD2, not the original Victory, so it's not super rare but still tough to find. My guess is somewhere in the 25-30 print run.
    Last edited by EliasDevil; 02-02-2013 at 01:35 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

You definitely got a great deal I would say!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Yea, it goes regular, black than gold. Landeskog was in UD2, not the original Victory, so it's not super rare but still tough to find. My guess is somewhere in the 25-30 print run.

Not true as there wasn't a gold version in 11-12 and even before when Victory had the gold parallel the blacks were still the rarest not gold. Regular, Gold , then black as the rarest. You are right on the Landy being a series 2 update set though which does make it slightly less rare than a regular victory black but still a very tough pull.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not true as there wasn't a gold version in 11-12 and even before when Victory had the gold parallel the blacks were still the rarest not gold. Regular, Gold , then black as the rarest. You are right on the Landy being a series 2 update set though which does make it slightly less rare than a regular victory black but still a very tough pull.

You're right. I meant to say gold than black. Long night typo haha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

Your card is the 'rarest' of the Landeskog Victory cards and since you won on an auction, you know you got the best price.

The fact is a print run of 25-30 is a pretty low estimate based on the amount of product produced overall.

Victory Black Rookies were seeded at 1 per 2 UD Series II cases (stated odds) and there were 30 Rookies. A print run of only 30 would suggest that only 1800 cases of Series II were produced. Series II is usually not produced to the level of Series I, but only 1800 cases would be a low print run even for Series II. To gain a better idea of the overall print run, look at the acetate inserts - Rookie Breakouts and Draft Class. The Rookie Breakouts are numbered out on 100 and the Draft Class are numbered to 10. There are 24 Rookie Breakouts and 18 Draft Class, that's 2400+180 cards total and they combine to fall 1 per case (stated odds). That's a minimum of 2580 cases of 'hobby' and doesn't factor in any retail production (or shorting hits on the park of UD ). At 2580 cases, we divide by 2 to get 1240 total black victory rookies and divide by 30 to get ~41-2 per rookie which probably means a production run of 50-75 is reasonable once you factor in retail production and replacement stock (75 may be a bit high and it's probably closer to 50-60).

Nice pick-up and it will be a great addition to your Landeskog collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone. That was the news I wanted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See robpbs's Items on eBay

Your card is the 'rarest' of the Landeskog Victory cards and since you won on an auction, you know you got the best price.

The fact is a print run of 25-30 is a pretty low estimate based on the amount of product produced overall.

Victory Black Rookies were seeded at 1 per 2 UD Series II cases (stated odds) and there were 30 Rookies. A print run of only 30 would suggest that only 1800 cases of Series II were produced. Series II is usually not produced to the level of Series I, but only 1800 cases would be a low print run even for Series II. To gain a better idea of the overall print run, look at the acetate inserts - Rookie Breakouts and Draft Class. The Rookie Breakouts are numbered out on 100 and the Draft Class are numbered to 10. There are 24 Rookie Breakouts and 18 Draft Class, that's 2400+180 cards total and they combine to fall 1 per case (stated odds). That's a minimum of 2580 cases of 'hobby' and doesn't factor in any retail production (or shorting hits on the park of UD ). At 2580 cases, we divide by 2 to get 1240 total black victory rookies and divide by 30 to get ~41-2 per rookie which probably means a production run of 50-75 is reasonable once you factor in retail production and replacement stock (75 may be a bit high and it's probably closer to 50-60).

Nice pick-up and it will be a great addition to your Landeskog collection.

That's really helpful research. Thanks