Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will topps honor an expired redemption?

So i spent over $500 dollars on boxes at my LCS today.

The break to say the least wasnt great.

One of the three best cards i pulled was out of 2008 Bowman Sterling

Desean Jackson Auto / Relic Redemption.

It has expired. Will topps honor or give me a replacement.

I know Panini is very good with this kind of thing, but am not sure if Topps is the same.

Thanks
    For Trade Album - Hidden Content
    Collecting Jarius Wright & Vikings (Vikes Uni) Auto's

2. Wata Photo
    Nope. Good luck if you try anyways.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Never hurts to call, but don't get your hopes up.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 4/5/14

No they aren't obligated to honor anything that is expired yet some people do get something back and others are told you are out of luck from Topps. They are very weird and random about it.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I am in the same boat but with Upper Deck. Pulled one from 2007 Artifacts. The number was fine but the print was not readable. Site just says its expired.
    They put them in to buy time but then they expire even though the product is still on the shelves.
    Another reason to love redemptions!!

No. Why should they? It is expired. It was not pulled before expiration so that type of practice becomes suspect. See where I am going. I have learned that I need to be careful how I word stuff on this site or somebody wants to make a mountain out of mole hill.

Edit - Actually people do not see where I am going. I have to explain myself to the low information voters. If you had the redemption and they honored it, that is ridiculous to the extreme from the company's point of view. Think about what you are asking. You are asking a company to make an obligation to deliver a 4 year old rookie card redemption. What are they supposed to do? Rush out and send you a 10 of 10 BGS after the original have been in circulation for years. I tell you. The low information voters. these folks - How is my Rush Limbaugh immitation? I sneak some of his stuff in when I am driving on my lunch hour.
    Last edited by MadColtsFan; 02-02-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Last edited by MadColtsFan; 02-02-2013 at 04:18 PM.

For your information I am not a low income vote. I have no clue what that has to do with me asking if Topps will still honor the redemption.
    For Trade Album - Hidden Content
    Collecting Jarius Wright & Vikings (Vikes Uni) Auto's

My friend pulled a Matt Flynn Gold Auto redemption today from the 08 sterling packs. Needless to say, he wasn't happy.
    Hidden Content --Check all my sub-albums in my bucket! NO longer shipping to Canada, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MadColtsFan View Post
    No. Why should they? It is expired. It was not pulled before expiration so that type of practice becomes suspect. See where I am going. I have learned that I need to be careful how I word stuff on this site or somebody wants to make a mountain out of mole hill.

Edit - Actually people do not see where I am going. I have to explain myself to the low information voters. If you had the redemption and they honored it, that is ridiculous to the extreme from the company's point of view. Think about what you are asking. You are asking a company to make an obligation to deliver a 4 year old rookie card redemption. What are they supposed to do? Rush out and send you a 10 of 10 BGS after the original have been in circulation for years. I tell you. The low information voters. these folks - How is my Rush Limbaugh immitation? I sneak some of his stuff in when I am driving on my lunch hour.
    Actually what I would be asking is for them to fulfill the promised seed rate that they list on the box. As a consumer I buy a box of cards expecting to hit an autograph at their stated rate of chance. When I hit a redemption what I have hit is a promise of the autograph that should have been there but wasn't. Just because they put an expiration date on a card doesn't change the fact that what I should have gotten to begin with is an autograph and not an expired redemption.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast