Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You didn't simply shorten it. You changed it from being a comparison, to being an excuse to force women to term. Then called me a misogynist for it.

Would a ban on abortion not force women to carry to term? Your argument was that the harm done to the woman is nothing compared to taking a life.
    Or do you still think, despite everything I've said, that I am arguing for abortion? If so, that's your problem not mine.
    If you do something without thinking of the consequences, you move sideways, not forward. You have proven you would rather see everything in black and white than see the world for what it is (not just this thread, either). You have proven you care more about semantics than women OR children. You have denied your own words. You have made false and hypocritical accusations of deflection. You seem to want to talk about everything BUT the topic at hand.

So why are you here?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Would a ban on abortion not force women to carry to term? Your argument was that the harm done to the woman is nothing compared to taking a life.
    Or do you still think, despite everything I've said, that I am arguing for abortion? If so, that's your problem not mine.
    If you do something without thinking of the consequences, you move sideways, not forward. You have proven you would rather see everything in black and white than see the world for what it is (not just this thread, either). You have proven you care more about semantics than women OR children. You have denied your own words. You have made false and hypocritical accusations of deflection. You seem to want to talk about everything BUT the topic at hand.

So why are you here?

First bold

Yes it would force them to carry to term. They could incur harm from doing so, both physical and emotional. Neither of which is comparable to the harm incurred by the fetus. This isn't even debatable.

Second bold

I will repeat this since you obviously missed it the first time. I never said or implied what your view is on abortion. All my comments were directed at your POV that abortion is a necessary evil if we can't find a way to hold men accountable too.

Third bold

Proved that where in this thread? My very FIRST post in this entire thread does not present my view on this subject as being black and white. Once again, you are trying to transfer past conversations to the current one. You think you know what I am thinking and don't bother to read what I type because it doesn't fit into your previous view of me. YOUR PROBLEM.

Fourth bold

Care to PROVE this comment? THIS is nothing but semantics. Ask anyone reading this thread who started the semantics and who is continuing to offer nothing but semantics.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

First bold

Yes it would force them to carry to term. They could incur harm from doing so, both physical and emotional. Neither of which is comparable to the harm incurred by the fetus. This isn't even debatable.

I never wanted to debate it. You started that debate when you mistook my shortening of a phrase as something malicious.

Second bold

I will repeat this since you obviously missed it the first time. I never said or implied what your view is on abortion. All my comments were directed at your POV that abortion is a necessary evil if we can't find a way to hold men accountable too.

I never said it was a necessary evil. I said it's the system used now. You want to take the system away without replacing it with anything, thereby forcing women to pay for their mistakes, as well as those of men, while allowing men to go about as thy please with no consequence. This is what you've said you want to see, over and over.

Third bold

Proved that where in this thread? My very FIRST post in this entire thread does not present my view on this subject as being black and white. Once again, you are trying to transfer past conversations to the current one. You think you know what I am thinking and don't bother to read what I type because it doesn't fit into your previous view of me. YOUR PROBLEM.

All over this thread, especially today. Every time I try to get away from your distractionary crap, you pull me back in. Seriously, be a man and end this garbage. THIS is the EXACT reason nothing ever gets done. People like you who would rather argue meaningless semantics and claim what they said and meant are two different things (and we should all know what they meant and ignore what they said) are what is wrong with this world. Sorry, but you stand in the way of any sort of progress when you do this. I have no respect for that.

As for reading what you type. I do. That's all I can read. If you say something that differs from your meaning, I can't decipher that. If you have a problem with how I read your posts, consider saying what you mean, or, consulting a dictionary.

Fourth bold

Care to PROVE this comment? THIS is nothing but semantics. Ask anyone reading this thread who started the semantics and who is continuing to offer nothing but semantics.

Edit: I see it now.
    This whole thread is proof. How many times have I tried to end this and how many times have you continued it? Seriously, I'm trying to get to make my point and you refuse to read any of it. You just want to argue. If you wanted an actual discussion, you'd have one, like I've tried over and over to get back to. Thing is, I can't because I have to defend myself against your lies about me. You STILL think I'm arguing FOR abortion. You think I consider it necessary. That alone proves you didn't even read my point form post, let alone any others. There's no way I can dumb it down for you anymore without crayons.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 02-07-2013 at 01:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

#1.I never wanted to debate it. You started that debate when you mistook my shortening of a phrase as something malicious.

#2.I never said it was a necessary evil. I said it's the system used now. You want to take the system away without replacing it with anything, thereby forcing women to pay for their mistakes, as well as those of men, while allowing men to go about as thy please with no consequence. This is what you've said you want to see, over and over.

For #2 to be correct, #1 has to be debated. You will not win #1 so you are avoiding it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I've never said aborting a fetus is better than emotionally harming a woman.

Also, the two have nothing to do with each other. A lesser harm isn't okay because it's lesser. It's not okay because it's harm. If you want to end abortion, I'm with you, so long as you have something to retain equality.

That's all I've ever said. Where you guys get this other garbage is beyond me.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

All this because one guy took one thing out of context.

And again, I will point out that while I have been trying to get back on track by restating my view over and over, you guys continue to bring it back to this. The only reason I can see why you would avoid the actual point is that you're so far into telling me I'm wrong based on your misunderstanding that it would be too emberrassing for you to admit that I do have a good point that an abortion ban creates (or recreates) an inequality.
    Either that or your just too lazy to look ahead.
    I guess you could hate women, but you claim you don't (though that's what you said, so is it really what you meant?)
    Basically I just don't think anyone is stupid enough to not understand a point form list.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 02-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I never wanted to debate it. You started that debate when you mistook my shortening of a phrase as something malicious.

I never said it was a necessary evil. I said it's the system used now. You want to take the system away without replacing it with anything, thereby forcing women to pay for their mistakes, as well as those of men, while allowing men to go about as thy please with no consequence. This is what you've said you want to see, over and over.

All over this thread, especially today. Every time I try to get away from your distractionary crap, you pull me back in. Seriously, be a man and end this garbage. THIS is the EXACT reason nothing ever gets done. People like you who would rather argue meaningless semantics and claim what they said and meant are two different things (and we should all know what they meant and ignore what they said) are what is wrong with this world. Sorry, but you stand in the way of any sort of progress when you do this. I have no respect for that.

As for reading what you type. I do. That's all I can read. If you say something that differs from your meaning, I can't decipher that. If you have a problem with how I read your posts, consider saying what you mean, or, consulting a dictionary.

Edit: I see it now.
    This whole thread is proof. How many times have I tried to end this and how many times have you continued it? Seriously, I'm trying to get to make my point and you refuse to read any of it. You just want to argue. If you wanted an actual discussion, you'd have one, like I've tried over and over to get back to. Thing is, I can't because I have to defend myself against your lies about me. You STILL think I'm arguing FOR abortion. You think I consider it necessary. That alone proves you didn't even read my point form post, let alone any others. There's no way I can dumb it down for you anymore without crayons.

How can I mistake YOUR meaning when you call me a misogynist in reference to it?

I have asked you repeatedly to re-post where I said this. If it's all over the thread, you surely can find it quickly, but you refuse to. I wonder why?

I pull you back in? I am asking you to PROVE the things you keep posting about me.

If you read what I type why do you refuse to answer any of it? Every response is avoidance and semantics by YOU.

You see it now? POST it!! and EXPLAIN it! Quit with the "whole thread" semantics.

If you are going to make ridiculous statements about other posters, BACK THEM UP.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The proof is in your posts. You took my shortening as something else and now here we are.
    You're asking me to prove things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand while I keep trying to talk about the topic at hand. I'll simplify.
    I state my opinion, you insult. I defend and restate my opinion, you attack. I defend and restate my opinion, you accuse. I defend myself and restate my opinion, you argue semantics and make more accusations. You haven't said a word about the topic all day, you've only attacked me. I've been trying to get you to think ahead about things and restating my views, as well as my intentions repeatedly. I have to defend myself against your attacks as I do this, which is why you come up in my posts.

I'm not responding to you anymore. You just want an argument. If anyone else wants adult discourse I'm game, but I'm done with the he said she said crap you're so intent on continuing with. If you grow up and actually have a point on the topic, I'll respond. I just don't have time for this garbage anymore, I'm glad you do.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

The proof is in your posts. You took my shortening as something else and now here we are.
    You're asking me to prove things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand while I keep trying to talk about the topic at hand. I'll simplify.
    I state my opinion, you insult. I defend and restate my opinion, you attack. I defend and restate my opinion, you accuse. I defend myself and restate my opinion, you argue semantics and make more accusations. You haven't said a word about the topic all day, you've only attacked me. I've been trying to get you to think ahead about things and restating my views, as well as my intentions repeatedly. I have to defend myself against your attacks as I do this, which is why you come up in my posts.

I'm not responding to you anymore. You just want an argument. If anyone else wants adult discourse I'm game, but I'm done with the he said she said crap you're so intent on continuing with. If you grow up and actually have a point on the topic, I'll respond. I just don't have time for this garbage anymore, I'm glad you do.

Another typical response from you.

It's amazing that all the threads filled with semantics have your posts all over them. Coincidence? I don't think so. If you don't have time for this garbage, stop spewing it!

I hope everyone is enjoying watching you embarrass yourself. It is getting quite amusing watching you.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Any adults want a discussion?

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast