Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

There will always be some type of inequality in life. If you reduce the demand for abortion by implimenting my ideas there will unfortunately be some cases that slip through the cracks. Also since conservatives and the church are so hellbent against abortion (for political reasons, they really don't give a damn about those kids after they are born) make them foot a lot of the bill for them after they are born.

Okay, but the father who banged and ran. What consequence does he pay?

That's what I'm getting at. Men are being protected because "life isn't fair". Women pay the price, under this churches pay the price, but the person who is 50% responsible for the situation goes on as if nothing happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Okay, but the father who banged and ran. What consequence does he pay?

That's what I'm getting at. Men are being protected because "life isn't fair". Women pay the price, under this churches pay the price, but the person who is 50% responsible for the situation goes on as if nothing happened.

What about a guy that rapes a woman and is never caught? What about the guy (or girl for that matter) who kills someone and never gets caught? Not taking care of your child is a crime just like killing or raping someone. If you get caught you get punished. Not all murders or rapists have or will be caught just like not all men or women who dont take care of their kids have or will be caught. Again why should innocent children have to die because some people are not man or woman enough take of what's theirs?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What about a guy that rapes a woman and is never caught? What about the guy (or girl for that matter) who kills someone and never gets caught? Not taking care of your child is a crime just like killing or raping someone. If you get caught you get punished. Not all murders or rapists have or will be caught just like not all men or women who dont take care of their kids have or will be caught. Again why should innocent children have to die because some people are not man or woman enough take of what's theirs?

\veg, how many times do \i have to say I'm not advocating for abortion before you'll actually read it. I thought we had got past this in the past couple of posts, but obviously not. You need to stop coming back to that idea because it's flat out incorrect and means we're having two different disacussions.

Law enforcement actually goes after rapists and murderers but there's still the stigma of single mothers being easy, fast and loose. Until the mindset of the MEN in charge changes, abortion is all they have.

If you see that as advocating abortion, you're backwards and not worth discussion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

\veg, how many times do \i have to say I'm not advocating for abortion before you'll actually read it. I thought we had got past this in the past couple of posts, but obviously not. You need to stop coming back to that idea because it's flat out incorrect and means we're having two different disacussions.

Law enforcement actually goes after rapists and murderers but there's still the stigma of single mothers being easy, fast and loose. Until the mindset of the MEN in charge changes, abortion is all they have.

If you see that as advocating abortion, you're backwards and not worth discussion.

I agree we do have to change the stigma. Regardless of who the child's mother or father is he/she still did not ask to be born and deserves every chance for survival and lifes basic things such as food, wather, shelter, clothing, education, etc. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure what the solution is but I do know one thing abortion is not the answer.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I agree we do have to change the stigma.

Really? You've been perpetuating that very stigma through this whole thread. If you're part of the problem, how can you call for a solution?

Regardless of who the child's mother or father is he/she still did not ask to be born and deserves every chance for survival and lifes basic things such as food, wather, shelter, clothing, education, etc. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure what the solution is but I do know one thing abortion is not the answer.

And that's the problem. You want to ban abortion without even considering what new (or old, depending on your view) problems your "solution" creates. You're a smart guy, so I figure you had to realize these ramifications, yet you've spent pages advocating for an abortion ban without solving the problem that creates.

THAT'S the "war on women". It's not that you and other men are actively attacking them, it's that you're treying to control them without giving them any line of recourse. Veg, you are part of the problem because you perpetuate the stereotype of the loose single mother as much as anyone. Don't believe me? Read this thread again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really? You've been perpetuating that very stigma through this whole thread. If you're part of the problem, how can you call for a solution?

I am an advocate of manditory sex ed and free taxpayer funded contraception. I am also in favor of social programs to help children and their parents who need them. I may not have all the answers but at least I have some ideas unlike some of our more conservative friends.

And that's the problem. You want to ban abortion without even considering what new (or old, depending on your view) problems your "solution" creates. You're a smart guy, so I figure you had to realize these ramifications, yet you've spent pages advocating for an abortion ban without solving the problem that creates.

THAT'S the "war on women". It's not that you and other men are actively attacking them, it's that you're treying to control them without giving them any line of recourse. Veg, you are part of the problem because you perpetuate the stereotype of the loose single mother as much as anyone. Don't believe me? Read this thread again.

I have no intrest in controlling anyone. I only want to be in control of my own life. I have a mother, sister, wife, female cousins, etc so why would I have any wars against women? That makes no sense. I want them to have every tool available to make the best decisions in regards to their own bodies.

Responses in bold.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

1 - That's great, but what of the guy who says he wants a kid when he doesn't just so he doesn't have to wear a condom? What of the condoms/birth control/vasectomy failures? Now you're letting men say, "Well, I didn't mean to and I wore a rubber, so it's her problem now". That's not a solution, that's neglect.

2 - The war on women, as I've already said and you (apparently) didn't read, isn't a series of attacks. The word war is actually misleading. It's a mindset many men have that leads to neglectful actions against women. Listening to you, banning abortion solves all problems. In reality, it creates different ones. They may be "lesser" but they're still problems. You don't seem to care because only women are affected.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1 - That's great, but what of the guy who says he wants a kid when he doesn't just so he doesn't have to wear a condom? What of the condoms/birth control/vasectomy failures? Now you're letting men say, "Well, I didn't mean to and I wore a rubber, so it's her problem now". That's not a solution, that's neglect.

He's an idiot and if he refuses to take care of his child he should go to jail. Also women (just like men) should know who they are laying up with to avoid laying up with some idiot who does not handle their business like an adult.

2 - The war on women, as I've already said and you (apparently) didn't read, isn't a series of attacks. The word war is actually misleading. It's a mindset many men have that leads to neglectful actions against women. Listening to you, banning abortion solves all problems. In reality, it creates different ones. They may be "lesser" but they're still problems. You don't seem to care because only women are affected. Banning abortion without implementing other solututions would create an even bigger mess. I'm for outlawing abortion once conservatives move on other changes that need to be made in society.

Responses in bold.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ugh, hard to respond that way. Anyway:
    1- Ok, but as it stands now, more often then not he isn't even found, let alone punished. If he is punished it's miniscule and any child support he owes, he still has the option of again breaking the same law and skipping out, leaving her with lawyer bills on top of the nothing she already has.

I don't know if you accept this inequity because women are inferior or because "God made them this way," but in either case, you know who you sound like.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ugh, hard to respond that way. Anyway:
    1- Ok, but as it stands now, more often then not he isn't even found, let alone punished. If he is punished it's miniscule and any child support he owes, he still has the option of again breaking the same law and skipping out, leaving her with lawyer bills on top of the nothing she already has.

I don't know if you accept this inequity because women are inferior or because "God made them this way," but in either case, you know who you sound like.

No Wick who do I sound like?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast