Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The way I debate this is the following:

Do you enjoy life?
    Are you happy that you have had time on this earth to experience things... because I know I am glad for life.

Now, most (I hope) would agree with me...

What if your mom said, "eh, I am too young or I am this, or that" and decided not to have you? Would your outlook be different? Of course not, because YOU WOULDNT EVEN BE HERE. So you are GLAD that your mom choose life... choose YOUR LIFE.

Even if your mom was raped or something horrible - does that change the fact that you still love life- that you are so glad that your mom, even through the difficulties and the crap still choose for you to even be sitting here having a debate?

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah I agree it's hard to determine and rule out some cases would be "acceptable" but today 1 out of 3 women will have an abortion!!! Really? and people are going to argue rape and those horrible situations... I highly doubt that 1 out of 3 are those cases... most are just ignorant people wanting to have fun and get stuck in a situation where they will do anything to get their "life back"... that's why your choice was already made when you had sex.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm with you until the female HAS TO live with the consequences while the male gets to make the CHOICE of living with his consequences or going somewhere else.

Abortion gives women an option that only men have otherwise. It's easy to get self righteous as a man on this topic but, in the end, it's not about us.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Basically, you're lobbying for a world where men can avoid the consequences and women can't.

And you wonder why so many claim there's a "war on women". I don't think there is, but I totally get that it looks like there is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

you keep going on the same topic and the same scenerio where Guys will ALWAYS leave and always avoid consequence. You really think majority of men do that eh?

SCF Rewards
    Country

... and if a Women has a right to her own body... what if the fetus is a women? Doesn't SHE get a right to her own body in the end also?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

you keep going on the same topic and the same scenerio where Guys will ALWAYS leave and always avoid consequence. You really think majority of men do that eh?

Majority? No. Many? Yes.
    And if you're upset that I go to the same point again and again, maybe come up with an actual argument against it. Just telling me to stop says you have no argument. Do the Tigers get to say, "We don't want to play the Yankees anymore. We want Baltimore now."?
    Or do they have to play the game and either win or take the loss like men.
    In other words, argue against the point, don't just tell me to stop because it's annoying. That's just you saying, "You're right, I don't have an argument, so move onto to something more in my favour please."

SCF Rewards
    Country

The difference is a man has the ability to up and leave at any time. A woman does not.

I didn't read anything after this post, so this point might have already been made.

You always hear that two wrongs don't make a right correct? Is it not wrong for a man to leave the child and mother? Would you want to make it easier for him to do so? In these statements you are advicating the right of a woman to leave the care of their child just because the man has this right.
    Last edited by boba; 02-05-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I also think that without abortion 100% of men at least get to make the decision while 0% of women enjoy that same choice. Regardless of how many actually do go (and your claim that I think all men leave is stupid) the men have the choice and the women do not. Even if no man ever leaves, it's still a choice he made.
    The fact the choice exists for one and not the other is the double standard. The fact that there are, according to you, very few if any fathers who leave (got numbers on that?) is irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I didn't read anything after this post, so this point might have already been made.

You always hear that two wrongs don't make a right correct. Is it not wrong for a man to leave the child and mother? Would you want to make it easier for him to do so? In these statements you are advicating the right of a woman to leave the care of their child just because the man has this right.

I'm advocating equality. If a special task force is created and actually legitimately run (not like the ATF) to hunt down and chain fathers to their children, then by all means, ban abortion.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast