Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

It's very easy to repeatedly say "That's wrong. That's wrong" but broken records rarely get anything done. What you're telling me is you want to take the choice away from women but continue to allow men to make the decision to deal with their consequences or not. You don't think that appears "anti-woman" because it is.
    Until someone steps up, puts some real thought into how to make things equal, we're stuck here. You want abortion abolished, come up with a solution for the double standard.

Since no one seems to get this, I'll put it as plainly as possible:
    I'm not advocating for abortion. I'm advocating for equality. If you can find a way to FORCE men to live with their consequences like you seem to think women should, then by all means, abolish it in non rape/incest cases. As long as a man can walk away from his responsibilities I see no reason why a woman has to live with hers.

There is a MAJOR difference between a man shirking his responsibilities and a woman shirking hers. For both the man and the woman, they can choose adoption to relieve themselves of the responsibilty of a child. If a man chooses to walk away, no one is harmed. For the woman, the only other way of ridding herself of the responsibility is to have an abortion. In the mind of an anti-abortionist, she is committing murder. To suggest that this is okay because she has to be equal to her male counterpart is ludicrous.

Life is unfair in many ways that simply cannot be solved. I won't bother to list them all.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

There is a MAJOR difference between a man shirking his responsibilities and a woman shirking hers. For both the man and the woman, they can choose adoption to relieve themselves of the responsibilty of a child.

So adoption means she doesn't have to carry it to term and gets those 9 months to herself? I was unaware,my apologies.

And again I'll point out you're looking at things backwards AND doing nothing to even attempt any sort of solution. Someone said something about two wrongs?

Yes, life is unfair, that doesn't mean we should accept absolute inequality in an area. That is, again, extremely lazy.

I'm not going to get into the fact that you're all men and you all want men to enjoy options while women have none. Nice work, guys.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If a man chooses to walk away, no one is harmed.

This is pure misogyny. Leaving a woman to have her body deformed from the inside before giving birth harms no one? What about the woman?

Oh right, she made a choice and has to live with her consequences, why isn't a man forced to live with his consequences?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

So adoption means she doesn't have to carry it to term and gets those 9 months to herself? I was unaware,my apologies.

And again I'll point out you're looking at things backwards AND doing nothing to even attempt any sort of solution. Someone said something about two wrongs?

Yes, life is unfair, that doesn't mean we should accept absolute inequality in an area. That is, again, extremely lazy.

I'm not going to get into the fact that you're all men and you all want men to enjoy options while women have none. Nice work, guys.

I was pointing out the consequences of either sex shirking their responsibilites; not the ramifications of accepting them. Your comment about carrying for nine months is irrelevant. Once again it is part of life whether it is a wanted child or an unwanted one. Don't see you jumping up and down trying to solve that inequality, but please share if you have a solution. As I said, somethings just ain't fair and there is no solution. I will add, if you want to minimize the occurences of this inequality, society needs to start raising their wanted children better. They need to start instilling a sense of responsibility back into their young men and women. Today, life is ALL about ME.

Also, I am pro-choice so you can't label me with the rest of them, but nice try. I was only trying to bring a little perspective to your argument.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

This is pure misogyny. Leaving a woman to have her body deformed from the inside before giving birth harms no one? What about the woman?

Oh right, she made a choice and has to live with her consequences, why isn't a man forced to live with his consequences?

And how does the woman's body NOT deform from the inside if the man is standing beside her for 9 months? Enlighten me.

Or are you comparing her sense of being abandoned to the harm a fetus suffers?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, I'm not the one trying to take the avenue of option away from women while giving it to men, so why should I give a solution.

And his actions left her with the consequence. The harm is done when she goes through it all alone. But I wouldn't expect you to take a woman's plight to seriously. You like the double standard, apparently.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

And how does the woman's body NOT deform from the inside if the man is standing beside her for 9 months? Enlighten me.

Or are you comparing her sense of being abandoned to the harm a fetus suffers?

I'm saying leaving her to do it alone is harmful.

Not that I ever expect you to actually get my point. It's just too much fun picking something else out and focussing on that instead of the point made, right?
    Or is it a tactic of "if I never admit to understanding the point, I'll be right!"?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Wick, take a deep breath and focus. I got your point.

My contention is/was that the harm caused to ANYONE by the man "walking away" is minor in comparison to the harm caused to the fetus (which anti-abortionists consider a human being) if the woman "walks away".

That is why an anti-abortionist cannot accept that killing a baby to level the playing field is the right thing to do. Asking them to come up with solutions (or shut up) to an inequality such as this is a lazy argument.

You clearly are not getting my point because you are too busy defending your position.

And no, I can never take a woman's plight too seriously. Afterall, I have only been married to a woman for 25 years and have two adult FEMALE children. Will you try and get real for once when you debate a topic. Just once. Try it.

Edit: It's quite comical to read your posts. In post #87 you accuse me of doing what you yourself just did in post #82. It's a good way to muddle the argument and keep spinning in circles isn't it?
    Last edited by habsheaven; 02-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What about this. If a guy lays up with a woman without a condom and he catches HIV should be off the hook for any personal responsiblity because the woman gave it to him?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

"Jimbrowski must where a cap just in case the young girl likes to clap"

What about this. If a guy lays up with a woman without a condom and he catches HIV should be off the hook for any personal responsiblity because the woman gave it to him?

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast