Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 255
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    The difference is a man has the ability to up and leave at any time. A woman does not.
    I'm not following.

    I do think ultimately the woman is the major deciding party, but a man should have some say. I'm not sure how much they have legally and it would mostly have to do with the relationship he has with the woman and if the woman is open to his input or not.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  2. #42


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,362
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Hey, I'm all for input from both parties. The fact of the matter, though, is that two have sex and if a pregnancy occurs, the man has the option to leave and never look back. The woman does not, she's stuck pregnant. So essentially, you're all for leaving the man with the ability to skirt his consequences but you don't want women to have that ability.

    I'm not sure how anyone who knows how procreation works wouldn't be able to follow this.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer540 View Post
    I think that people- man and woman- give up their "choice" and their "right to their body" when they have sex. Right? It's about choices and consequences. That is what a lot of it boils down to. People want to have sex but don't want the consequences.... so with anything... there is always choice and consequences.

    With me, I am mature enough to understand that with sex- there is a possibility of pregnancy- so GOING INTO sex, I understand that. Now and days... people want to have everything without consequence.

    SO... for the MOST PART, people give their "right" up when they make the choice to have sex.

    Obviously with ever debate-there are always different sides, gray areas, etc... but I always wonder why nobody brings this (my statement) into play?
    I'm not pro choice because I want to have sex and not have a consequence. Nor do I want others not to have to deal with consequences either. For me abortion can go far beyond not wanting a child or not. There are lots of factors that can weigh into the decision. There are other reasons people choose abortions than just not wanting the child. Because of that it would be very difficult to police if you had a list of certain scenarios that would make an abortion legal and others illegal.

    Like you said there are so many gray areas and reasons why one would or needs to have an abortion. I think that when you start to limit reasons it becomes impossible to monitor. Lots of people say they would be for abortion in instances of a mothers life being at stake or if they were raped. The major flaw to that is who decides if a woman's pregnancy was the product of a rape? If you think about it that would be nearly impossible to monitor. Does a doctor perform the abortion as long as the woman says that her pregnancy was from a rape? Does the woman have to charge a man for rape to be able to have an abortion if she claims to be pregnant from that alleged rape? The list of questions would go on and on. It's something that you just wouldn't be able to come up with a clear solution and impossible to enforce.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    That's the thing though, without abortion a man can leave his "consequence" behind, a woman is stuck with it.
    okay I see where you were going. Although it's not true. A woman can give birth and walk away. It's a lot more rare but happens and can happen. You can also toss adoption into the mix as well as far as women being able to not raise a child.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    So there has never been a case in human history of a woman abonding her kids and leaving their father to care for them all by himself? Since you pro-abortion people believe that women should not have to pay for their mistakes for their rest of their lives then they should be able to kill her kids after they were born and while she is at it her baby daddy because it is such a horrible thing to expect a grown woman to handle her responsibilities as a woman.
    UGH... more pro-abortion talk.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  6. #46


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,362
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    okay I see where you were going. Although it's not true. A woman can give birth and walk away. It's a lot more rare but happens and can happen. You can also toss adoption into the mix as well as far as women being able to not raise a child.
    That's still nine months of weight gain, discomfort, pain, hormonal changes, etc, etc that men don't have. That's still giving the woman the consequence and turning a blind eye. Obviously the mother can leave after birth, but how many times have you heard, "My mom left before I was born."?

    You're still subjecting women to the consequence you speak of while allowing men to go scott free.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Hey, I'm all for input from both parties. The fact of the matter, though, is that two have sex and if a pregnancy occurs, the man has the option to leave and never look back. The woman does not, she's stuck pregnant. So essentially, you're all for leaving the man with the ability to skirt his consequences but you don't want women to have that ability.

    I'm not sure how anyone who knows how procreation works wouldn't be able to follow this.
    I still don't follow. I never referenced one party being able to skirt consequences and the other party not being able to. I just said that a man should have a say if he got a woman pregnant and abortion came up as a possibility. Are we getting posts confused? I'm pro choice. Just saying if I got a woman pregnant I would want my voice heard in the matter.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    That's still nine months of weight gain, discomfort, pain, hormonal changes, etc, etc that men don't have. That's still giving the woman the consequence and turning a blind eye. Obviously the mother can leave after birth, but how many times have you heard, "My mom left before I was born."?

    You're still subjecting women to the consequence you speak of while allowing men to go scott free.
    I'm not subjecting the woman to anything. I'm pro choice.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  9. #49
    Very true... BUT... statistically who has the majority of abortions? Young 20's - not mature, have no idea... think, oh crap, I can't do the things I want to do anymore.

    Also- there are ALWAYS going to be exceptions about everything you talk about. Rape, What if they baby will come out deformed, etc, etc. BUT... do some research... the MAJORITY of abortions are not from rape, they are not from all the little exceptions that come from the "possibilities," they are from people just not wanting a child.

    I don't know what it is now, but I know about 10 years ago... it was 2% of abortions were because of Rape.

    Yes, that sucks for those lower majority of people that have LEGITIMATE concerns and reasons - but to make a blanket statement to say EVERYONE should have the right based of the lower percentile is harsh. Again, it sucks for those who have cases, but if we develop rules and regulations to accommodate everyone- there will always be cases to detract from every rule- which will just be a complete chaos of society of everyone can have the right to do everything
    Sorry... "Lower than ebay" makes no sense when 1 card went for $4 and the rest go for $30+
    LF Good Stuff of: R. Wilson, Peyton, Megatron, AP, T.Y. Hilton, Durant, R. Westbrook,
    S. Curry, Trey Burke, Miggy, Hamilton, Chipper, Verlander, Fielder, Trout, Harper
    Photo BucketHidden Content

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer540 View Post
    Very true... BUT... statistically who has the majority of abortions? Young 20's - not mature, have no idea... think, oh crap, I can't do the things I want to do anymore.

    Also- there are ALWAYS going to be exceptions about everything you talk about. Rape, What if they baby will come out deformed, etc, etc. BUT... do some research... the MAJORITY of abortions are not from rape, they are not from all the little exceptions that come from the "possibilities," they are from people just not wanting a child.

    I don't know what it is now, but I know about 10 years ago... it was 2% of abortions were because of Rape.

    Yes, that sucks for those lower majority of people that have LEGITIMATE concerns and reasons - but to make a blanket statement to say EVERYONE should have the right based of the lower percentile is harsh. Again, it sucks for those who have cases, but if we develop rules and regulations to accommodate everyone- there will always be cases to detract from every rule- which will just be a complete chaos of society of everyone can have the right to do everything
    I agree most are not from rape. Just saying it's just not possible to have it legal for certain instances and not others if rape is one of those instances that allows a woman to have an abortion.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •