Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 255
  1. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    If that were a 100% guarantee against pregnancy you'd be on to something. Unless you want to allow abortions if contraceptives were used.

    We all know there are no guarantees in life except death and taxes. You have to roll with the punches. Make your bed and lie on it.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  2. #232


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,770
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    We all know there are no guarantees in life except death and taxes. You have to roll with the punches. Make your bed and lie on it.
    You want everyone to make their bed and lie in it, yet your fighting to keep men able to run from their responsibilities.

    Oh, I get it. You want women to lie in the bed they made and allow men to jump from bed to bed as they please consequence free.

    Unless you believe men are superior, that makes no sense. Though if you do think that, then what you say makes perfect sense.

  3. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    You want everyone to make their bed and lie in it, yet your fighting to keep men able to run from their responsibilities.

    Oh, I get it. You want women to lie in the bed they made and allow men to jump from bed to bed as they please consequence free.

    Unless you believe men are superior, that makes no sense. Though if you do think that, then what you say makes perfect sense.
    Again I did not make men and women they way that they did. For that you must blame God or whatever you call your chosen diety or nature if you believe in none. If a woman lays up with a man gets pregnant and runs off that is a chance that she took by having sex. If you want to preach equality a man should be able to come after a woman he lays up with and catches HIV from and should not have to take any personal responsibility for any of his actions.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  4. #234


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,770
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Yes but what about women who catch HIV and men who get pregnant?

  5. #235
    maybe we should outlaw sex, or require all women or men to be sterile.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  6. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Yes but what about women who catch HIV and men who get pregnant?
    No matter who you slice it up there will be unfair differences between men and women that both sides benefit from. You are using one side that women get the short end of the stick on as a justify to slaughter innocent babies and that's just plain wrong.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  7. #237


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,770
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    No matter who you slice it up there will be unfair differences between men and women that both sides benefit from. You are using one side that women get the short end of the stick on as a justify to slaughter innocent babies and that's just plain wrong.
    *sigh*
    Here, veg, I'll say it yet again and this time ACTUALLY READ IT!

    I'm not advocating for abortion. I'm saying you're creating a different problem but don't care because it's not your problem because you're a man.
    I think it's noble that you want to see abortion ended. At the risk of repeating myself again, I would like to see the same thing. What I want to see is people who look beyond the single issue in front of them and don't realize the ramifications of what they want.

    DID YOU READ THAT VEG?
    Because you obviously haven't read a single flippin' word I've read.

  8. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    *sigh*
    Here, veg, I'll say it yet again and this time ACTUALLY READ IT!

    I'm not advocating for abortion. I'm saying you're creating a different problem but don't care because it's not your problem because you're a man.
    I think it's noble that you want to see abortion ended. At the risk of repeating myself again, I would like to see the same thing. What I want to see is people who look beyond the single issue in front of them and don't realize the ramifications of what they want.

    DID YOU READ THAT VEG?
    Because you obviously haven't read a single flippin' word I've read.

    I think that we may be on the same page. Yes abortion should be outlawed but before it is outlawed everything must be inplace to reduce if not almost eliminate the need for abortion first. One thing that needs to be eliminated like 200 years ago is the conservatives pipe dream of abstinence only education or better yet miseducation. It is complete garbage, does not work at all and does more harm than good. Next we need to have free contraceptions available to everyone who needs they yes fianced by the taxpayers. I would rather spend a few extra tax dollars on the front end and save 10x more on the back in not having to pay for as many people who caught and STD or who had a baby that they do not have the means to take care of. Last but not least there needs to be a comprehensive universial health care for all. Obamacare is a good start but much more needs to be done.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #239


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,770
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Ok, but you still have that initial inequity with a HORRIBLE system set up to favour deadbeat dads. Do you not think that needs a solid overhaul as well? Maybe put people in charge who actually care about women and don't consider all single mother to be s right off the bat.

    See, that's the biggest problem with this whole issue ad you're on the wrong side. You've spent most of this thread trying to characterize the women this happens to as loose and easy. You tell them not to "lay up" with men, but do you say anything to men?
    No.
    You say women should take responsibility for their actions, but do you say anything to men?
    No.
    You see, when you do that, you place all responsibility and blame on women while letting men off the hook for anything and everything. Do me a favour, tell MEN not to lay up with women. Tell MEN to take responsibility for their actions. Don't tell women, they're alreay forced to deal with it, even if they have an abortion. Men aren't.

    And you seem to like it that way, judging by previous posts. There is simply nothing for women in this situation except abortion. The sad part is the reason there's no other out is because men have made the rules. Instead of really going after the guy and putting lws in place that ACTUALLY PUNISH deadbeat dads, they legalize abortion and call the women baby killers.

    I used to think women's rights was mostly whining. After this thread, I get it. Men are anuses.

  10. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Ok, but you still have that initial inequity with a HORRIBLE system set up to favour deadbeat dads. Do you not think that needs a solid overhaul as well? Maybe put people in charge who actually care about women and don't consider all single mother to be ™™™™™s right off the bat.

    See, that's the biggest problem with this whole issue ad you're on the wrong side. You've spent most of this thread trying to characterize the women this happens to as loose and easy. You tell them not to "lay up" with men, but do you say anything to men?
    No.
    You say women should take responsibility for their actions, but do you say anything to men?
    No.
    You see, when you do that, you place all responsibility and blame on women while letting men off the hook for anything and everything. Do me a favour, tell MEN not to lay up with women. Tell MEN to take responsibility for their actions. Don't tell women, they're alreay forced to deal with it, even if they have an abortion. Men aren't.

    And you seem to like it that way, judging by previous posts. There is simply nothing for women in this situation except abortion. The sad part is the reason there's no other out is because men have made the rules. Instead of really going after the guy and putting lws in place that ACTUALLY PUNISH deadbeat dads, they legalize abortion and call the women baby killers.

    I used to think women's rights was mostly whining. After this thread, I get it. Men are anuses.

    There will always be some type of inequality in life. If you reduce the demand for abortion by implimenting my ideas there will unfortunately be some cases that slip through the cracks. Also since conservatives and the church are so hellbent against abortion (for political reasons, they really don't give a damn about those kids after they are born) make them foot a lot of the bill for them after they are born.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •