Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Thank You!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Thank You!

As some of you saw this week, I dropped a bit of a hint in a contest thread that it was a goodbye present. Well, the reality is there really is never a goodbye as it relates to this hobby. However, I am going to be taking a long hiatus with the possibility of not coming back.

A couple people asked about Olivia and if she was OK. Other than her regular transfusions and getting the normal sicknesses a 5 year old would get from school, her health has been good *knock on wood*. Olivia was part of the reason why I continued with the hobby, as it was a diversion for me.

Recently I have been forced to face some hard truths about my life. First, own 2 homes doesn't lend itself to continuing in the hobby and I have started to think about different items I would like to do, some investing, getting out of debt and just finding other opportunities to learn different things. Additionally, I have started down the path of trying to lose significant weight. Since Christmas I have lost 22 pounds with 125 more to go until I'm at my weight as a senior in high school nearly 20 years ago.

Since joining SCF nearly 6 years ago, I have met a ton of people and made some great friends, some friends that will be friends for life. I can't spend time telling you all stories about a number of people, but there are a couple that everyone should know about as it shows some of the generosity members do have (these stories are not related to the hobby).

When I was at the 2009 Nationals in Cleveland, Karine (pheebs888) surprised Olivia with a Bolt stuffed animal (which she still has!). For her to have something for my little stinker to me shows the kind of person that she truly is. Additionally, she has been responsible for helping one of my personal missions to help the DBA Foundation raise funds here on SCF in order to help find a cure for DBA. Thank you and I love ya K-rock (not the love that would get me in trouble with the wife love ).

The other one I want to share with you is what Paul (ravens_creed) did. Last May, my wife and I held a fundraiser in Buffalo for the DBA Foundation. Paul spent his day driving from the GTA, helping out and also spending his own money to make sure Becky and I had some tickets to basket raffles for various items, including a basket for 2 Sabres tickets (which we did win and we both were at Sabres/Leafs on Tuesday). Paul has become one of the best friends that I have, even if he is a Leaf fan (we all have flaws! ).

I also need to acknowledge other members of SCF that have provided me significant help, support and friendship over the years. Gary, Adam, Alan, Richard, Diana, Chris, Mike Silvia, Tony, Jeff, Ben, the members of the Sabre Mafia, Luc and many, many more.

I have a couple loose ends to tie before I post a sale thread, but I'm only keeping a handful of Perreault cards and nothing else. Thanks for the fun times, some frustration and laughs (sometimes with you and sometimes at you! )

If you want to friend me on Facebook, please feel free to do so, I'm also @scottkoz20 on Twitter.

Thanks for reading

Scott

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Very sad to hear this Scott but I know what you mean....Sometimes life has a way of making us change our priorities.
    Thank you for the very kind words and it was my pleasure to do what I did :) We're already friends on the book and we'll carry on being so...plus, you won't get rid of us that easily we'll always come knocking' on your door for the fantasy league each year :)

And yeah, I love ya too (not the kind that will get me in trouble with Becky) except for when you tell me a pepper is not hot at all in Olive Gardens and I eat it like an idiot because I believed your lies ;)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Scott, of the many good guys in the hobby, you've always been one of them. I've enjoyed working with you on staff when you were part of the team, and I've enjoyed conversing with you as a colleague, friend, and fellow hobbyist. Enjoy where life takes you, and definitely keep in touch!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Take care Scott! It's always been a pleasure anytime we've crossed paths, be that a trade.... the times you've helped me out with "no Canada shipping", or just idle chit-chat :)

New priorities can be a good thing. Wish you and the family nothing but the best, in whatever you decide to do.

Oh - and congrats / good luck on the weight loss. From one big man to another, I know it can't be easy. I' be thrilled if I could drop half that total.

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yikes man, always tough to lose a seasoned veteran collector like yourself... Please be sure to keep in touch via Facebook.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

I wish you luck in the future with these new endeavors you are diving into. It's been a pleasure getting to know you over the past couple of years with the few deals we have made. The hobby is definitely losing a great collector, and hope you're not a total stranger from visiting the boards!

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (388)
    Country

No Scott

THANK YOU!

(told ya I am not a big typer)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Oh - and congrats / good luck on the weight loss. From one big man to another, I know it can't be easy. I' be thrilled if I could drop half that total.

its not easy... I love food! but the biggest thing that I have learned since Christmas is how many calories my favorite foods were.... I have to pay the price of exercise if I want to enjoy some LaNova Pizza ;)

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Well I hope things go well in what ever you will start and that you can do better financially. I enjoyed working and trading with you and pretty sure we will see you again some day. At time, we need to shuffle things around but we tend to come back to what we once love to do. So good luck to you and your wife.