Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spg View Post
    Whenever I'm trading for anything high-end, I've asked about condition 100% of the time. I've only had one issue in 100 trades on here where the card was damaged even though I asked.
    Most are damaged in transit, those that are not, I don't trade with those people again. I've been trading cards for close to 50 years, I know what I'm doing.

Weird I rarely get damaged cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    Same here, haven't received 1 yet here or from an ebay seller knock on wood.
    I find it kind of hard to believe that 12 out of 38 came in damaged but at the same time I'm not saying it isn't possible.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!
    Check out my COMC store below for cheaply priced Inserts/Rookies/and Game Used
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    same here, could probably count on one hand here. No where close to the 30% rate he is expericing.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content Little access due to Laptop crash & Now trying to recover data
    I mail once a week on Saturday. If I forget to respond , just send me a reminder.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

Quote Originally Posted by Crosby 87 View Post
    same here, could probably count on one hand here. No where close to the 30% rate he is expericing.

Same with me, only 1 time, and the dude refunded my paypal with no fuss....only issue I ever had one here is on the Chat sites, but only with One particular member...O-o

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Most are damaged in transit, those that are not, I don't trade with those people again. I've been trading cards for close to 50 years, I know what I'm doing.
    Perhaps therein lies your issue... Unless you ask, or like myself publicly display your birthday, you have no idea of the age of your trading partner. I know I take much more care with the cards I handle now as opposed to when I was only 16. I'm not throwing all youngins under the bus, as anybody is capable of poor shipping, but when I was a kid I just didn't care about condition nearly as much as I do now.

Just bad luck...or?
    I has been very lucky with just ONE problem of 750-850 shipments between 2000-2011.
    But since sep-2011 somethin has happened and I started to receive tons of damaged cards, cracked slabs, lost or stolen cards/mails....only at this week I received 2 mails with 2 very nice PC cards with minor/semi-minor damage (crappy protection, no tapes etc)

I received also a extremely rare (only seen once in my life) regional issued card this week with no top loader just only a penny sleeve as protection!!!

But luckly enough that the card wasn't even damaged but think if that card actually got badly damaged then...so I would be really mad then!

Just hope that this gets better in the future (but I don't think so...sadly but it's the truth)
    PC-PLAYERS: Tom Barrasso & Johan Hedberg - Hidden Content
    MOST WANTED!!!
    *12-13 DECADES 90'S - MEGA GOALIE - T.BARRASSO 1/1 - PAYS VERY WELL!
    *12-13 THE CUP - PROPERTY OF... - T.BARRASSO 1/1 -
    PAYS VERY WELL!

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (62)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Seems like this would have to be caused by the postal system instead of the people that shipped them because that is a really high damage rate. I've been trading for years and I don't remember ever receiving a damaged card.
    Hidden Content

Collecting: Boone Jenner, 1978-79 Topps, Columbus Blue Jackets

maybe your local PO/mailman is just particularly rough with their packages.

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    At least with eBay the people don't sent ruined cards.
    That may be the case from your personal experience, but I have had to return cards twice from ebay purchases because of cards being damaged from poor shipping. While I know your experiences are all shipping related, I have received about 3-4 more cards that had undisclosed damage that didn't happen in transit. Even today I have come across 3 ebay listing where there was some sort of damage and nothing was mentioned in the listing.

Basically I'm saying that ebay isn't 100% either.

12/38 though is a very poor record. One thing I would suggest since you have experienced so many, is to post exactly how the cards will be packaged and mailed when the trade is posted.
    Last edited by flemingc04; 02-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    Collecting: auto's and game used patches of Jari Kurri, Grant Fuhr, Paul Coffey and other 80's Oilers. Also looking Ed Belfour autos. For all players, it doesn't matter what team they are shown with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast