Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Whenever I'm trading for anything high-end, I've asked about condition 100% of the time. I've only had one issue in 100 trades on here where the card was damaged even though I asked.

Most are damaged in transit, those that are not, I don't trade with those people again. I've been trading cards for close to 50 years, I know what I'm doing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

Weird I rarely get damaged cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Same here, haven't received 1 yet here or from an ebay seller knock on wood.
    I find it kind of hard to believe that 12 out of 38 came in damaged but at the same time I'm not saying it isn't possible.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

same here, could probably count on one hand here. No where close to the 30% rate he is expericing.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

same here, could probably count on one hand here. No where close to the 30% rate he is expericing.

Same with me, only 1 time, and the dude refunded my paypal with no fuss....only issue I ever had one here is on the Chat sites, but only with One particular member...O-o
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ericspiece's Items on eBay

Most are damaged in transit, those that are not, I don't trade with those people again. I've been trading cards for close to 50 years, I know what I'm doing.

Perhaps therein lies your issue... Unless you ask, or like myself publicly display your birthday, you have no idea of the age of your trading partner. I know I take much more care with the cards I handle now as opposed to when I was only 16. I'm not throwing all youngins under the bus, as anybody is capable of poor shipping, but when I was a kid I just didn't care about condition nearly as much as I do now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just bad luck...or?
    I has been very lucky with just ONE problem of 750-850 shipments between 2000-2011.
    But since sep-2011 somethin has happened and I started to receive tons of damaged cards, cracked slabs, lost or stolen cards/mails....only at this week I received 2 mails with 2 very nice PC cards with minor/semi-minor damage (crappy protection, no tapes etc)

I received also a extremely rare (only seen once in my life) regional issued card this week with no top loader just only a penny sleeve as protection!!!

But luckly enough that the card wasn't even damaged but think if that card actually got badly damaged then...so I would be really mad then!

Just hope that this gets better in the future (but I don't think so...sadly but it's the truth)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (62)
    Country

Seems like this would have to be caused by the postal system instead of the people that shipped them because that is a really high damage rate. I've been trading for years and I don't remember ever receiving a damaged card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

maybe your local PO/mailman is just particularly rough with their packages.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

At least with eBay the people don't sent ruined cards.

That may be the case from your personal experience, but I have had to return cards twice from ebay purchases because of cards being damaged from poor shipping. While I know your experiences are all shipping related, I have received about 3-4 more cards that had undisclosed damage that didn't happen in transit. Even today I have come across 3 ebay listing where there was some sort of damage and nothing was mentioned in the listing.

Basically I'm saying that ebay isn't 100% either.

12/38 though is a very poor record. One thing I would suggest since you have experienced so many, is to post exactly how the cards will be packaged and mailed when the trade is posted.
    Last edited by flemingc04; 02-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast