Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2012 SP Authentic Breaks, Good, Great, Bad, Ugly? Some nice Hits for me Check em out!

Ok, been hearing of some absolutely brutal breaks so far, but I've done fairly well. I'm up to 9 3/4 boxes so far, which is usually about 6 or 8 more boxes than I buy of anything. Images below. Feel free to post any image files of really nice hits to show what you hit that's awesome, feel free to bash the product, feel free to praise UD for a cool product: keep it civil please.
    My thoughts are this:
    More than just a base set and future watch cards, the Canvas, Gold high series, 1994 SP and SP Die-Cuts are cool,

with Autograph Parallels adds a little more to the product, I also like the Stadium Cards, if you haven't seen them in person, it doesn't appear scans are doing them justice.

Came back with the SP Threads this year, some real nice stuff out of those, I like the signatures on the acetate over the jersey patch.

It appears the cards take ink really well, but I think that may also take away from the card looks for the base autos.

Brought back the gold parallel RPA!
    Dislikes, did away with the Future watch inserts and autos for the Gold High series, which those Future watch Autos were real slick.
    The quality of the base card and auto is down some from last year. Serial numbering on some have gone back to hand numbers.
    Wish they would provide print runs on short print auto versions, 1994 SP and Canvas Autos.

So enough of my opinions to the better hits, some may have see a couple of these as I posted some of this already.
    One of my future players I'm picking up and was happy with the patch here, Mohamed Sanu

Not the Greatest, but still a decent hit, Sign of the Times Johnny Rodgers

Biggers Stuff:

Alfred Morris Sign of the Times Gold #1/10

Robert Griffin III Short Prints Canvas Auto, none listed, none sold, only one I'm aware of so far.

And

SP Threads - Legendary Threads SSP 2of2

So civil comments welcomed, looking forward to other's prospective on the product.
    Thanks for the view.
    Last edited by ajw9356; 02-13-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Photos:Hidden Content
    I collect Darren Sproles, Daniel Thomas, T. Newman, other KStaters, Eric Hosmer and KC Royals, KC Chiefs and Jimmy Graham. Please PM with any questions.

Thanks, James

A heck of a lot more than I pulled in 19 boxes.....this product is almost the knife in me that ends the hobby run....
    Shoot me an email and I will forward you an excel spreadsheet of all the stuff I am looking to buy!

I need your 1997 Black Diamond Doubles and Triples! Hidden Content

Always looking for Upper Deck Stuff and Autographed Mini Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by manning991 View Post
    A heck of a lot more than I pulled in 19 boxes.....this product is almost the knife in me that ends the hobby run....
    Sorry to hear it, no big cards huh? I can see how some breaks could be pretty bad, some of the boxes I had were pretty ordinary.
    I collect Darren Sproles, Daniel Thomas, T. Newman, other KStaters, Eric Hosmer and KC Royals, KC Chiefs and Jimmy Graham. Please PM with any questions.

Thanks, James

I still think that Elway is SICK!

-Robert Lewis

Yours is by far the very BEST break I have read about our seen from SPA. So first congratulations on some amazing hits.

SPA regardless of sport has always been my favorite product, but this year, I personally think Upper Deck has laid a fat egg. Horrible selection of rookie autos on the rookie auto patches.

I will give UD credit for the canvas cards, they are amazing but out of six boxes I opened I hit the very same canvas cards and 94 in back to back boxes. You would think that the collation would not be that bad having the very same canvas and 94's in two boxes from a case.

As for my break. I am not complaining about the players that I pulled but I am complaining about the number of single color swatches that is in this year's set. These are player worn, not game worn jersey swatches so it was not like they had to cost UD a lot of money.

I stopped after six boxes instead of two or three cases. Done:

My money cards:

3 solid color swatches

3 of about 99% one color.

I did hit one box topper that was worth mentioning but it was one color as well:

Examples of some prior years SPA

and when they had a NFL rights;

Again congrats on your good luck. Glad someone had some!
    Last edited by ronfir; 02-02-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    Yours is by far the very BEST break I have read about our seen from SPA. So first congratulations on some amazing hits.

SPA regardless of sport has always been my favorite product, but this year, I personally think Upper Deck has laid a fat egg. Horrible selection of rookie autos on the rookie auto patches.

I will give UD credit for the canvas cards, they are amazing but out of six boxes I opened I hit the very same canvas cards and 94 in back to back boxes. You would think that the collation would not be that bad having the very same canvas and 94's in two boxes from a case.

As for my break. I am not complaining about the players that I pulled but I am complaining about the number of single color swatches that is in this year's set. These are player worn, not game worn jersey swatches so it was not like they had to cost UD a lot of money.

I stopped after six boxes instead of two or three cases. Done:

My money cards:

3 solid color swatches

3 of about 99% one color.

I did hit one box topper that was worth mentioning but it was one color as well:

Again congrats on your good luck. Glad someone had some!
    I agree on the selection of RCs, I think they had trouble signing some people, but I could be wrong, but this year's class aside for a half dozen players is a little weaker than most years, and I think collation is a pretty big problem, because a got duplicate short prints and it appears that the same players end up in the same cases etc, 2 Barry Sanders High series out of 6 boxes and it's about one per box. Not complaining about Sanders.
    On the Patches, probably did ok then, the Sanu is nice, but I hit several nicer patches I guess, some 1 colors also.

Only 3/10 were single color that I hit, again, like you pointed out, not the greatest players, but nicer patches. If it matters, 6 boxes from 1 case, 3 from another, 1 from another.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMan View Post
    I still think that Elway is SICK!

-Robert Lewis
    Thanks bud.

Thanks, James

The field cards kinda bug me. Not a fan of the generic stadium with a logo stamped on top of it, just wish they actually used the teams stadium. The auto patches look nice though and I always love the retro cards that Upper Deck does.
    ~Matt

very nice Morris, Griffin and Elway!

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

Quote Originally Posted by MCXC1987 View Post
    The field cards kinda bug me. Not a fan of the generic stadium with a logo stamped on top of it, just wish they actually used the teams stadium. The auto patches look nice though and I always love the retro cards that Upper Deck does.
    I like your idea on using the actual stadium look, but I imagine that the design that went into one was probably a lot of work and it may have been too much to do for one insert set, certainly would have been much cooler to do that!

Thanks, James

So it went live today, I'm pretty stoked about this one!

Thanks, James

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast