Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

I hear you buddy. You're not alone. Let's try to hang on!

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm also a bit sick about the hobby...
    Too much hassles nowdays to collect hence those crazy shipping expenses, increasing numbers of lost/stolen mails, numerous damaged cards, bad buyers/sellers, wants too much from me like 3x-5x or even more, more and more boring looking cards etc....

That's so sad how the hobby suddenly got so miserable to even contunue at a such short time, it was just no problem only in 3 years ago (for me!)....

But I'll stick on the collecting until the end of this year for a complete evalutaion and see if I'll continue or retire from the hobby again like 2003-2008 and 2009!

But like some says, it's better to buy singles, it's way too risky with box breaks if you don't have a big budget....I really regrets every day that I bought 6x Primes (boxes are so much more expensive here in sweden like almost $80 more for every box!) and in the return I only received as best 30-35% back even if I made some very nice breaks...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Sir;

Take a break. This is a hobby, it's not supposed to be your life. I made that mistake and now I'm paying for it. I had no choice, I had to take a break. I've watched cards go by on eBay and a little piece of me has died every time, but I've stayed strong, only one purchase for the month of January.

The cards will always be there, maybe not that one card in particular, but thanks to the endless churning out of supply maybe a slightly different version of that card.

Busting "wax" has never paid off for me either, other than the temporary rush of opening 24 sealed packssss of cardssss ohhhh babyyy. Just about all of my PC has been pieced together thru eBay, I've overspent, I've underspent, I have SPENT, and now I'm.......spent........

Trades? Trades are WORK, and I already have a 50 hour a week job. I've been on SCF about a year and I've managed to claw my feedback up to 20, but those trades or purchases have been awesomely fair for me and hopefully the other guys feel the same way. Most of my extra stuff is untradable as well, so I just give it away, and every now and then I get a surprise in the mail from someone and ain't nothing beats that! I've made actual friends on this site, that's part of the hobby too.

So yah, take a break. Get a scanner. Make your bucket pretty. Make an inventory of what you have. Keep yourself busy with your PC while you suss it all out. After all, you can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12