Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Had a non-pay. Did I do the right thing?

I listed a Kaepernick Rookie Ticket Auto on EBAY at 99 cents. The auction ended at 10 am Friday on purpose so I could stipulate that payment must be received with 2 days (prior to kickoff) It sold for 184.50 but the buyer did not pay. I relisted at 99 cents for 5 days today, prior to kick off.

I think that this guy was going to hold off and stiff me if the niners lost; hence my policy. My intention was to give no free pass. Funny thing, the guy has a rating of 1.

http://myworld.ebay.com/none-fred/&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

No. I did not. It is my property. I stipulated my terms. What is Ebay going to do to me to protect the interest of the buyer over mine? Do we live in a nation where we have to let people take our wealth at their own determination if it is worth it after the player's most important game in his collectability?

In that case, no I don't think you did the right thing. I understand your stips said pay in two days, but IMO that only gives you the right to open a case after two days. I don't think you should have re-listed it until the case was closed. I understand it's your property but once you decide to list it you should abide by the terms. Maybe you should have listed a week earlier?

Usually, customer pay within 24 so I sent the dude an invoice yesterday. He still did not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by giantfan270 View Post
    In that case, no I don't think you did the right thing. I understand your stips said pay in two days, but IMO that only gives you the right to open a case after two days. I don't think you should have re-listed it until the case was closed. I understand it's your property but once you decide to list it you should abide by the terms. Maybe you should have listed a week earlier?
    My terms where stipulated. I am not going to honor the sale because he did not read my terms. If the niners lose, I will hang onto it. If not, I am going to continue to play the game I played. I expected payment before kickoff. Heck, I bought it for $27.

My e bay customers DO NOT usually pay within 24 hours. They never did. I was lucky to get paid after a week when selling something over $100 on the bay. I stopped selling there because of that and because I hate pay pal. On COMC there is none of that nonsense. You get paid at the time of sale. If they don't have the $ in their account, then they can't make an offer. The moment you accept, the $ leaves their account and hits yours. No exceptions. They also ship everything out for you. To me it's a no brainer....

Quote Originally Posted by MadColtsFan View Post
    My terms where stipulated. I am not going to honor the sale because he did not read my terms. If the niners lose, I will hang onto it. If not, I am going to continue to play the game I played. I expected payment before kickoff. Heck, I bought it for $27.
    That's funny because you want the buyer to honor your terms but you want to ignore e-bay's terms in regards to opening a unpaid case before re-listing.

You asked. And "playing the game" as you call it, is definitely not cool. I think your 100% wrong.

It doesn't really matter what rules you put in your auctions if they are contrary to Ebay rules.

Probably not the "right thing" but it is the correct move. If you are stating in your auction that you want a payment by a certain time so that the guy can't sit on the card and hope the guy wins the Super Bowl (and then doesn't if he doesn't) then you did the smart thing especially since he has one feedback.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast