Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Probably not the "right thing" but it is the correct move. If you are stating in your auction that you want a payment by a certain time so that the guy can't sit on the card and hope the guy wins the Super Bowl (and then doesn't if he doesn't) then you did the smart thing especially since he has one feedback.

Pwaldo - That is how I am going to pursue this regardless of Ebay rules. My auction did not include the option to sit on it until the buyer gets to evaluate the player in the Super Bowl. Sorry, if my posessions are not dependent on corporate rules.
    Last edited by MadColtsFan; 02-03-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantfan270 View Post
    My e bay customers DO NOT usually pay within 24 hours. They never did. I was lucky to get paid after a week when selling something over $100 on the bay. I stopped selling there because of that and because I hate pay pal. On COMC there is none of that nonsense. You get paid at the time of sale. If they don't have the $ in their account, then they can't make an offer. The moment you accept, the $ leaves their account and hits yours. No exceptions. They also ship everything out for you. To me it's a no brainer....
    I would say 50% or more pay right away in my experience. If not, I give them days if not weeks, especially if they contact me and say I get paid in two weeks. I know this and I work hard to work with customers. But this is a cheater.

If you wanted payment within two days or you were going to relist you should have just stated that you would relist if payment was not received in the two day time period, then it would have been fine. Just curious why didn't you try a second chance offer with the next highest bidder instead of relisting?

Because the second chance buyer may be an honest person. I thought the second chance buyer has the chance to buy still for 24 hours? If not, I do not understand enough about EBAY. If not, it is 99 cents starting price for 5 days. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MadColtsFan View Post
    Pwaldo - That is how I am going to pursue this regardless of Ebay rules. My auction did not include the option to sit on it until the buyer gets to evaluate the player in the Super Bowl. Sorry, if my posessions are not dependent on corporate rules.
    You are right that it is your possession, but you chose to list on eBay. If you don't like their rules, don't sell there. If you choose to list on a site that someone else created for benefit of both buyers and sellers, dont you think it only right to abide by the rules that that site sets forth? Just something to think about.
    Currently Collecting: 2000 Upper Deck Legends football autos (35/67 - 52% complete) and 2010 Limited Material Monikers (25/48 - 52% complete)

Hidden Content

You could have decided on a price you would be happy with, then put it on Buy It Now with the option of immediate payment when you buy it. A lot of them do that with the thought of "if you want it, you must pay immediately, otherwise it's still for sale". You could have avoided any headaches that way.

If you decide to ignore the selling policies on Ebay, why should buyers abide by them also?
    Ebay is far from perfect, but you did decide to use it.
    Last edited by steel75; 02-03-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12