Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Experience in New Orleans 2-Day Showoff!

This weekend I spent two days at the NFL Experience in New Orleans, Louisiana. I went to the NFL Experience back home in Dallas 2 years ago and knew that if it came close again, I need to go. When I found it it was in New Orleans I knew I had to make the trip. Here are some pictures from everything I got while there. Other than the Cobb, Sanders, and Brown, everything is available.

Signing from 11-1 on Friday morning was Doug Martin (RB, Tampa Bay Bucaneers) and Drayton Florence (CB, Detroit Lions) I had a photo for Doug to sign:

I didn't have anything for Florence to sign (it was supposed to be Darnell Dockett but he backed out) so I had him sign these cards they had sitting there:

Signing from 1-3 on Friday was Randall Cobb (GO PACK GO!) and Sean Weatherspoon. I came with a photo for Cobb to sign:

My buddy is a big Falcons fan so I gave him a call and he wanted a Falcons throwback mini helmet for Weatherspoon so I bought one real quick and had him sign it:

Signing from 2-3 was Demarcus Ware so we ran down there real quick. They actually had photos at his booth for free so we got one signed:

This is where the day got sad. The main reason we went this weekend was Joe Montana. He was scheduled for 5-7 Friday night. I'm an artist so I did a painting this last week as soon as I found out Montana was going to be there. I wanted to have him sign it SO BAD. I carried it around with me all day long. At about 3 we got in an already long Montana line. We waited for 2 hours until the time, 5. He wasn't there... He didn't show up until about 5:10. Not only that, but they soon announced that he would NOT be staying both 2 hours he was scheduled. He was going to leave at 6. Really?! COME ON JOE! Unfortunately, I was about 30 people away from him when he stood up and walked off. Here is the painting that I did that I was going to have him sign. It's acrylic paint on 16x20 canvas. It is for sale if anyone is interested:

This is how close we got to Montana...

Signing on the stage with Montana was Chris Long. When Montana left, Chris Long stayed. Oh joy. I got Chris Long on one of those NFL Experience cards.

The next day we got straight in line for Jim Brown who was signing from 11-12. I had no idea he was going to be there so I wasn't ready. My brother-in-law ran really quick to find the only Browns mini helmets he could find. Man, Jim looks bad. He walked in hunched over. He had to have a few guys help him up the stairs. He signed about 5 mini helmets/footballs for the first 5 guys and then told the worker there that he couldn't do that much more. The workers announced to us that due to Jim's health and how he's only there for 1 hour, he's just signing photos. Better than nothing, for sure!

Then I randomly saw that Rich Gannon was there and the line was nothing so I jumped in and had him sign my NFL Experience ticket.

As soon as he was done I ran to the memorabilia shop, exchanged my Browns mini for a Lions mini, and jumped straight into the line for Barry Sanders who was signing from 2-3. I was so nervous we'd miss him. They announced that they were only allowing 150 people in line and they would be moving the line past Barry FAST. When I scanned into the line I was 131. PHEW I made it! Got Barry to sign this mini helmet.

Next on the autograph stage from 3-5 was Antonio Cromartie and Willie Roaf. We knew Willie Roaf would be there so we had photos printed for him. Willie is a BIG BOY!

We didn't have anything for Cromartie so I had him sign one of the NFL Experience cards:

No one else really big was scheduled for that evening so I got an NFL shield mini helmet to have the rest of the guys sign. This has 6 signatures on it:

Plaxico Burress

Joe McKnight

Willis McGahee

Danario Alexander (Willis McGahee accidentally put his finger on this autograph and then his thumbprint on the NFL shield)

Jake Plummer (He signed it "Jake Snake Plummer")

Antwan Barnes

Here is an overhead photo of each side:

That wrapped up the weekend for us. Can't beat a great weekend at the NFL Experience! Shoot me a PM if you're interested in anything!

-Ryan
    Last edited by rchurchward; 02-03-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    Those are real cool man. What does the Experience cost?

Quote Originally Posted by wisportsnut77 View Post
    Those are real cool man. What does the Experience cost?
    Thanks! Tickets to get in the door were $25. All signings were free, you just had to wait in line and have something to sign. Mini helmets were $30 at the memorabilia shops.

The NFL Experience is a STEAL if you think about it. Some of these guys would cost hundreds in private signings (Sanders, Montana, Brown) but for a flat rate of $25 you get into the door and free autographs.
    Last edited by rchurchward; 02-03-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!

I'd be pretty bummed about missing out on Joe, but after seeing the rest of your list, I'd be ok. Love the Randall Cobb, he is too much fun to watch! Beautiful painting though, you're very talented!
    ~Matt
    Avatar- Kieran Richardson/ CRISTIANO RONALDO 2004 Upper Deck SP Authentic Signs of the Times Dual Auto #'d/199
    COLLECTING: Red Sox, Orioles, Eagles, and Frank THE BIG HURT Thomas

what would it take to get the Jim Brown if its available?

Ed
    taking a break from trading

Quote Originally Posted by MCXC1987 View Post
    I'd be pretty bummed about missing out on Joe, but after seeing the rest of your list, I'd be ok. Love the Randall Cobb, he is too much fun to watch! Beautiful painting though, you're very talented!
    Thanks! I was bummed for sure. I was very excited earlier in the week when I found out Cobb would be there. I was a HUGE fan of the pick when we got him and I've loved his contributions to the team. Can't wait to see him in the coming years. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by palantri View Post
    what would it take to get the Jim Brown if its available?

Ed
    Lemme think on it, Ed. It'll definitely be tough to get rid of. Jim won't be with us much longer I suspect. One person I can think of that I don't have right now that, as a Packers fan, I really need, is Bart Starr. I might be willing to part with the Brown for something Bart Starr. But again, I'd have to really think on it.

no problem. Id also possibly be interested in big Willie

PM me if you opt to move either
    Thanks
    Ed
    taking a break from trading

Senior Advisors

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Great story except for the Joe "Boo" Montana part. I would be interested in the Chris Long if you decide to part ways with it.
    Hidden Content
    Trying to super Collect Herman Moore
    I collect UVA (University of Virginia Cavaliers) alumni and The Pittsburgh Steelers!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by 11chaos View Post
    Great story except for the Joe "Boo" Montana part. I would be interested in the Chris Long if you decide to part ways with it.
    It's all yours. Got a comparable Michigan/Packers auto?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast