Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The value of autographs is different throughout products (and different in the 4 sports as well). Usually in baseball a Bowman Chrome or Bowman Draft first year autograph is worth more than a different brand. Bowman Sterling costs more in baseball than a box of Bowman Draft but if you had an autograph out of Bowman Draft of the same player it is usually more a lot more than the Sterling. This has to do with the fact that the Bowman Chrome and Bowman Draft have been around longer and have a better reputation. Another factor is that those autographs are usually signed on card which most collectors prefer while they use a sticker most of the time in Bowman Sterling.

Now for something that is a non autograph a numbered card in Topps numbered out of 50 is worth more than something like an Upper Deck SPX card numbered out of 50 of the same player for a few reasons. One the regular Topps set has a ton of people collecting it whereas SPX doesn't. Two it is usually a lot harder to pull a lower numbered card from a cheaper product so while the pack of Topps may be much cheaper the amount of money you would need to pull that card would be a lot more.

They make one batch of cards and don't print any more. The only exception to this would be if they made a special retail only box that would minus all the numbered, autographs, and game used that the hobby versions have. Those special retail only things usually contain the base cards and different inserts and won't allow you to pull the same stuff that is in hobby. They have redemptions to basically cheat out the collector and be cheap. If they make 100 Derek Jeter redemption cards and only 50 get redeemed in time they only have to make 50 while promising 100. If they put 100 Derek Jeter cards into packs without a redemption then they would have to make 100 of them.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

A non-numbered autograph is not the same across the board it is usually best to get a players 1st licensed auto's from a main stream brand,like bowman or topps chrome,non-licensed products that don't have a major league contract usually don't hold their value for long.My suggestion,ebay is your friend,for any player you need to know about type in their name and rookie autograph and they'll all pop up.You will be able to tell which one's are the best just by their prices.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Awesome info! So do you always buy Hobby Boxes? Jumbo? retail or any blasters good? And do you guys usually buy your boxes/cases presell from certain websites? Or wait til they release and search websites? Sorry for all the elementary questions, but kinda want a direction to look towards to buying so I don't get ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy112 View Post
    Awesome info! So do you always buy Hobby Boxes? Jumbo? retail or any blasters good? And do you guys usually buy your boxes/cases presell from certain websites? Or wait til they release and search websites? Sorry for all the elementary questions, but kinda want a direction to look towards to buying so I don't get ripped off.
    I buy lots of discounted blasters,usually found for 11.99 at Target or Walmart.Right now 2012 Topps chrome and 2011 Allen and Ginter are a good buy,if you see any discounted Bowman platinum that is worth a try as auto's in retail are pretty common in that.I treat myself to an occassional hobby box when I have extra money,if ordering on line Blowout cards has some good weekend specials.Do your research and try not to buy older products with expired redemptions,as nothing hurts worse than to pull a redemption for a cut signature and get nothing,been there done that.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Totally agree. Better to ask questions now instead of jumping in and getting over your head and then getting burned out of a lot of cash.

As for the hobby versus retail. 9 out of 10 times hobby is better though it will cost your more money. Though sometimes retail can be better and it has been steadily improving lately as more and more hobby shops close down. Just be sure to compare prices of online shops as they vary and can sometimes quickly shoot up in value or down depending on if a product is hot or not.

Also it would depend on what you are looking for in a product. Hobby is usually better for valuable stuff but if you just want to complete the set or are looking for inserts and rookies the retail route might be the way to go.

So it seems like the blasters don't usually get the Auto and Auto Relics inserted? I see a lot where it says "Hobby and HTA Jumbo only" so are there just refractor hits in the blasters? Thanks guys

So it seems like the blasters don't usually get the Auto and Auto Relics inserted? I see a lot where it says "Hobby and HTA Jumbo only" so are there just refractor hits in the blasters? Thanks guys
    Some blasters have 1 game used card per box but it usually just a common guy that is unnumbered to say you get one for $19.99.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12