Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lions release wide receiver Titus Young

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...-detroit-lions

The Detroit Lions have parted ways with troubled wide receiver Titus Young.

Young, a second-round draft pick in 2011, has been disciplined multiple times in the past 12 months. Most recently, Young was told to stay away from the team facility because he intentionally lined up wrong in a Week 14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Young tweeted in January that he preferred to be released if the Lions weren't going to include him in their future plans.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Good riddance.
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

Its really a shame. Titus Young has the Tools and Talent to be a wide receiving force as the #2 to Megatron he obviously isnt the brightest guy to say "I need the ball" or "I demand attention" Burrleson is getting up there so he would be #2 Double coverage on Johnson. They could have gotten a 4th or 5th Rounder from somebody but the longer they waited the more he pouted i guess they decided they were not getting a good return on him. Someone will take his Attitude Cleveland seems ideal With there Young WRs. As a Lions fan (I know my user name suggest otherwise but i didn't know what to come up with so i said hey i like cam back to the matter at hand) So in other words I Belive Detroit was a great Opportunity for Young but his attitude and his Skills (or lack their of) will have him out of the league sooner than later
    I WILL NOT GIFT!!!!!
    I pc Chris Givens
    Im also Collecting a Mike Williams 2012 Chrome Rainbow lmk if you have any to help

Hidden Content

He got his wish, now the wait to see how long it will be till someone will give him a try. I hope a team that is deep at WR takes him, and unless someone gets hurt, he sees the field a few times a game at the most.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 10/2/14

This is good news, and bad news. It is good to hear that Titus Young is done as a Detroit Lions player. However, it is a shame that he could not make the same career turnaround that Vernon Davis did in San Francisco.

-Robert Lewis

Well... as a HUGE Boise State fan, this whole ordeal has been massively frustrating. Titus is the most talented, athletic player we have ever had, and that includes Dougie Martin. He clearly has a screw loose up there, however, and all of his talent and skill may just go to waste.

Hopefully he will go to a team like the Steelers, Patriots, or Ravens, who clearly need WR help, but are also VERY solid organizations. Denver might even be a good fit, too. If he goes to another dysfunctional team, like the Jets, Raiders, or Browns, I see this only getting worse.

Owing SEVERAL 1/1's and other rare stuff, I am hoping he pulls it together for my own, selfish PC reasons, too!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

The only question I have here is "what took so long?" Mayhew and Schwartz have no backbone.
    Last edited by 313datsyuk313; 02-05-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlebert View Post
    Well... as a HUGE Boise State fan, this whole ordeal has been massively frustrating. Titus is the most talented, athletic player we have ever had, and that includes Dougie Martin. He clearly has a screw loose up there, however, and all of his talent and skill may just go to waste.

Hopefully he will go to a team like the Steelers, Patriots, or Ravens, who clearly need WR help, but are also VERY solid organizations. Denver might even be a good fit, too. If he goes to another dysfunctional team, like the Jets, Raiders, or Browns, I see this only getting worse.

Owing SEVERAL 1/1's and other rare stuff, I am hoping he pulls it together for my own, selfish PC reasons, too!
    Lord no. We have enough drama to deal with. Between Wallace holding out and then under-performing, the carousel at RB and the need to upgrade at CB (not that it will happen as long as Tomlin is HC) the last thing we need is a WR that thinks he should be the center of attention and complains about not getting the ball enough. Send him to Cleveland.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

i seriously doubt any team will give this guy a chance. after all the players the last several years that have been problems i doubt anybody will give this guy a real chance. maybe let him be on the practice squad and sign to the league minimum and make him prove his self. other than that he shot his self in the foot and his career is done.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    i seriously doubt any team will give this guy a chance. after all the players the last several years that have been problems i doubt anybody will give this guy a real chance. maybe let him be on the practice squad and sign to the league minimum and make him prove his self. other than that he shot his self in the foot and his career is done.
    The NFL has players who have killed people, get DUI's, have drug issues, play with guns, etc, so I'm sure somebody will give a WR with an attitude problem (but has talent) a shot. This is the NFL, after all.

Besides, Titus D. Young Sr. can't make the HOF and prove he's the best receiver on the universe by sitting at home
    Last edited by gladdyontherise; 02-05-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast