Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I feel your pain, Ed, as the new Photobucket has caused me to change my web browser, and even still, I'm giving serious thought to abandoning showing my cards there altogether. They don't seem to care that the new site is terrible and most users and very unhappy with it. They don't deserve my traffic since they're in it for themselves and not listening to their users.

Who seriously decided that the new design was a good idea? FAIL.

I am in the exact same boat and thinking of abandoning Photobucket as well. Unfortunately I can't think of another site similar to photobucket as I upload more than just hockey cards on there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I uploaded some of my Datsyuk PC to imgur. It works well I think.

Here's how it looks: http://datsyuk13.imgur.com/
    Last edited by Tanguay; 02-07-2013 at 12:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

As far as I can see, the "mass upload" at myhobbycards.com is five at a time................ and now that I've registered it keeps giving me a syntax error when I try to go to my home page, which could be my work computer or it could be a website issue or it could just be that I'm cursed. Mannnnn remember when this all used to be FUN?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I uploaded some of my Datsyuk PC to imgur. It works well I think.

Here's how it looks: http://datsyuk13.imgur.com/

Thas not bad, but it's not free either after 225 images. I don't have a huge problem paying, nothing in life is free eh, but to have to scan 7000+ cards againnnnnnnnnnn?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Pesonaly I do use the inventory but I am bias since I am the one coding it. While you can't upload anything but cards, I do want to say we do enter all cards not just liscenced cards. ITG is not licenced and so as many other pre NHL set in hockey. You can ask under the inventory feedback forum in the sub forum per sports if cards does not exist.

Now what photobucket does we do it for the most part except for mass upload.

Now I hate people who upload image with no text description andmore so when they upload 1 image with 8 cards on them. I usually pass these bucket and skip on trading, more so if there is a lot of these image. The new interface make it even more impossible to see if they are habs or not.

Now if you do scan card by cards, the inventory is just a question of getting use to use it and it can be fast. I can make demo on how I work when I enter cards and you will see it not that hard. More so when you enter then for the first time. What I do is to scan around 40-80 cards max and save then into one folder and then take the card and if they are from one set I just open that set page and right click on each card to add using the card number in the set page. This open a page for each cards and then I go in and select the image, click enter and then move on to the next card to choose the image while the other tab upload the image. I can enter a lot of cards fast enough.

Also it does have categorie and it does have a image only view, here my categories:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i.../CoolHandLuke/
    You can see RC, auto, memorabilia, serial and other categories.

Also you have a image only view with a zoom to view bigger or smaller

Thunbnail view:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...cvdesc/view/2/
    zoom level 1:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...c/view/2/zo/1/
    zoom level 2:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...c/view/2/zo/2/
    zoom level 3:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...c/view/2/zo/3/

Just in my inventory while I do have over 37,000 cards, I do have over 6,250 images of both PC and traders.

But the bext is that you know wich card it is and does not have to reseach it each time when you look at a inventory. When in image only mode, moving the mouse over let you see the card description. There is a advance search that make it easy to search a player or a team that you collect. In less the a few second I can copy and paste all the link to my hockey trader link per team like here:

Anaheim Ducks - Atlanta Thrashers - Boston Bruins - Buffalo Sabres - Calgary Flames
    Carolina Hurricanes - Chicago Blackhawks - Colorado Avalanche - Columbus Blue Jackets - Dallas Stars
    Detroit Red Wings - Edmonton Oilers - Florida Panthers - Los Angeles Kings - Minnesota Wild
    Montreal Canadiens - Nashville Predators - New Jersey Devils - New York Islanders - New York Rangers
    Ottawa Senators - Philadelphia Flyers - Phoenix Coyotes - Pittsburgh Penguins - San Jose Sharks
    St. Louis Blues - Tampa Bay Lightning - Toronto Maple Leafs - Vancouver Canucks - Washington Capitals
    Winnipeg Jets

Then your fellow team collector has it easy to find your good cards per team. I collect habs and would wish all other have it that easy for me to find possible trader. I spent way to much time in bucket just to find what they have when they have a big bucket. The good thing about categories is that once you understand how it work, you create the categories and forget about them. As for the team When you upload image there is a tool to let you select the team if the cards in our database does not have the team selected already. For instance all Hbas cards I set when I upload images are set for all other users as well since it's set in the master card database. With some newer release we do get the team but not all. This is why we let you set at least the cards you upload a image of.

Many see it as not fast and complicated but when they get used to using it, most will change idea. The down side is that if you do trade on other site, it might be a issue since trading site tend to not allow link to other trading site. But I only trade here and would never want to use anything else.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Geeeez, THAT'S a reply eh? :D

Ok, when I said "unlicensed" I think I actually meant customs, proof, sheet-cuts, oddball type items, the un-listed stuff, like my 1972 Dryden family Christmas card...........

As far as the rest goes, you've pointed out a bunch of features that I was unaware of, gonna have to concentrate and learn things I guess, Luc!

P.S. Your Crosby / Ovechkin Ultimate Dual Patch card is sweeeeeeeeeet.
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 02-07-2013 at 02:08 PM.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Geeeez, THAT'S a reply eh? :D

Ok, when I said "unlicensed" I think I actually meant customs, proof, sheet-cuts, oddball type items, the un-listed stuff, like my 1972 Dryden family Christmas card...........

As far as the rest goes, you've pointed out a bunch of features that I was unaware of, gonna have to concentrate and learn things I guess, Luc!

P.S. Your Crosby / Ovechkin Ultimate Dual Patch card is sweeeeeeeeeet.

there are ton of feature member are not aware of. For instanse this summer I coded a new trade manager with in my application platform the inventory use and I create a trade tracking tool. I use this for every trade. I create a trade but select the second option called Inventory tracking tool and you can then under the traders name create a list of card to trade incoming and outgoing. Add BV ( iuse BV all the time to gage the trade) and then you have a trade list you can copy to pm the member with. If he accept then you hit that tracking tool and click on create a trade and the trade is created with the cards on both side. Additionally you can add text that will go in the send or receive before the list of card that is automated. Then if you use the inventory, when confirmed you can click a button to remove outgoing cards and add incoming cards. Also if you traded with a member that use the inventory and had images, you will inherit the images. Prevent to forget to remove the cards from the inventory. Even if the other member post the trade, you can hit the tracking list and enter the trade number so you can add or remove the cards. Mainly all the work you do in pre trade is made more easy more so if you keep adding cards or removing cards from the trade.

In all case we have a inventory feedback forum and you can ask any question there. I have also a demo sotware and in 10 minutes I can make a demo/video with image and voice to show you how easy it can be.

Inventory/Storefront Feedback

Here one demo I made:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/demo/fastentryINV.html

But for any question while you are looking at it just post them in the INV feedback forum and will gladly guide you in your test.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Not sure if it is a US thng or not but I can switch back to the original site. I get the original site and I had the option to not be asked to go back to the new site.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure if it is a US thng or not but I can switch back to the original site. I get the original site and I had the option to not be asked to go back to the new site.

I'm still on the old site at home, but I'm stuck on the new site at work, and supposedly it's ALL NEW ALL THE TIME as of March 1st.

BUT.......................... I solved some stuff :)

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...ED-PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

I opted out of the beta when they first offered it, and sent them feedback telling them they've successfully managed to either remove every useful function, or make it so what used to take 2 mouse clicks now takes 17.

When they push this beta through to being the standard, I'm going to be VERY hard pressed to even bother using it anymore. I'm sure there's someplace out there where the photos can be hosted, and if not I'll be surprised to find out that some other disenfranchised PB user doesn't set up a new site on their own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast