Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Low-end Game-used does not even sell. I cannot be bothered with an Upper Deck Jersey Card from 2005 onwards of a 4th Line Thumber, they don't even fetch .25 cents.
    Willing to give .50 cents then for any 4th Line Thumber from the Penguins . That's double than what they fetch for usually then.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content Little access due to Laptop crash & Now trying to recover data
    I mail once a week on Saturday. If I forget to respond , just send me a reminder.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby 87 View Post
    Willing to give .50 cents then for any 4th Line Thumber from the Penguins . That's double than what they fetch for usually then.
    Pens don't have many thumbers, they are a pretty comprehensive team.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Pens don't have many thumbers, they are a pretty comprehensive team.
    So does that mean you have no 4th line players or just none that youre willing to let go for double what they fetch
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content Little access due to Laptop crash & Now trying to recover data
    I mail once a week on Saturday. If I forget to respond , just send me a reminder.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

  4. #44
    I am not a Game-Used collector, I have a few HOF G-U kicking around, but I don't collect the stuff much at all, and no Pens.

  5. #45
    I live in the Arctic Circle. Whenever I go south, I find reasons to go to the dollar store and buy a pack or two of the $1 repacks. It's like Xmas. There are usually a few good cards in there, a bunch that have no value to me and then what I like the best, the holy crap, I remember that guy/card.
    When I go back to my parents house where my older cards are, I usually thumb through the boxes and it brings back memories, either associated with the card or the player. That's a reason why I like getting random base lots.
    What annoys me is when someone advertises cheap base or only s/h for base, and then when you pm then, they want a quarter or 50 cents a card. I had one deal where the guy said he only wants to cover his shipping and then in the end he quoted $6 for 20 something cards. Be upfront, if he said 25 to 30 cents a card, I might have still done it. I do agree with the one poster that if ask for specific cards from a seller, or send them a want list, that you should expect to pay more than pennies a card, + s/h.

    Having said that, if people really just want s/h for their base. I'd be happy to pay $5 for a large padded envelope filled with base/inserts/crap. That's 80 to 100 base, if shipped within Canada. A piece of cardboard on each side, 4 teams bags taped side-by-side and sandwiched inside. Preferably heavy on enforcers and goalies. Commons, semi-stars, stars and HHOF. 80s, 90s, 00s. Preferably some shinies included.
    Hidden Content
    Home of the 1988-89 OPC Tribute Set

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by OPCbreaker43 View Post
    I'm just gonna disagree with the whole post, I don't think someone should charge time. And I don't think it should be free, just don't charge $.50 per for penny cards.
    This has been a problem of mine. I have over 30,000 cards. People ask for specific older items and i search for them. This takes a lot of time. I find the items and people dont want to pay anything for them..This hinders me from responding to other collectors when i know that i have what they are looking for. This comes back to the mentality i have noticed on this site. When its your card that people are after they want to offer very little. Suggesting ebay prices or what they assume are selling values. ok, then why havent you purchased the card already then? also i am not in this hobby so you can make money off me. I have already made the mistake of giving people really good deals only to see that person reselling items for profit. When i see a person is truly after an item for a pc collection i have no problem going out of my way. Its the random people that feel they are owed something on here that push me away from the hobby sometimes.
    Looking for:
    The most unique 08-09 The Cup Limited Logos that I can get.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfSpeed08 View Post
    This has been a problem of mine. I have over 30,000 cards. People ask for specific older items and i search for them. This takes a lot of time. I find the items and people dont want to pay anything for them..This hinders me from responding to other collectors when i know that i have what they are looking for. This comes back to the mentality i have noticed on this site. When its your card that people are after they want to offer very little. Suggesting ebay prices or what they assume are selling values. ok, then why havent you purchased the card already then? also i am not in this hobby so you can make money off me. I have already made the mistake of giving people really good deals only to see that person reselling items for profit. When i see a person is truly after an item for a pc collection i have no problem going out of my way. Its the random people that feel they are owed something on here that push me away from the hobby sometimes.
    Well I can understand being upset people dont get back with you, but I think discuss a price before hand and then do the search. I just personally don't charge time. But forums IMO push a lot of people away in the hobby. Since joining here it's made my love for the hobby drop, and I'm not the only person who feels this way. People do need to stop trying to win trades, that's my biggest turnover. Oh well to each their own.

  8. #48
    I'll chime in for what's likely my last post on this thread. I of course agree completely with "thegreateight8" which should come as no surprise to anyone who took the time (I know it was long) to read my first post on this thread. Anyways, nice to have someone who understands my point of view and I suspect "thegreateight8" has been collecting awhile, like me (on/off well over 30 years).

    "OPCbreaker43" suggests a card(s) price should be agreed upon before spending time searching through boxes. The problem is that until you do your search, you usually don't know what's there. The main point of my original post was to lament the "good 'ole days" when collectors tried to help each other more and weren't so self-centered (what's in it for ME?). People respected the effort that went into finding cards and the value of trying to fill gaps in their collections, so people routinely paid extra when they were able to source out that PC card which increased their collection, regardless of whether it was a 1/1 card or one of several hundred copies of a card. I was one of those people. I'm not suggesting someone should pay $10/hour for time spent searching...however if you focus on a card being worth "5 cents at most" because you may have acquired one before w/o charge...or in a larger grouping of common-type cards from some other deal...or your LCS gave you a similar card for free to better cement their PR relationship with you...and then if you expect other collectors to do the same for you or accept that same 5 cents valuation (which tells them their efforts are worth 5 cents...aka nothing) and you turn down a trade/purchase because of that expectation, we all suffer as collectors. Everyone should pay a reasonable price for any card but I wish everyone would consider the other side of the deal and what will make the deal work for both sides...then more deals will happen and the hobby will be better for all of us.

    Now I'm not directing this as any form of criticism towards "OPCbreaker43" (we've never tried to put together any deal) or anyone else in particular; just expressing my view on the topic. Thanks.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by netsinah View Post
    I'll chime in for what's likely my last post on this thread. I of course agree completely with "thegreateight8" which should come as no surprise to anyone who took the time (I know it was long) to read my first post on this thread. Anyways, nice to have someone who understands my point of view and I suspect "thegreateight8" has been collecting awhile, like me (on/off well over 30 years).

    "OPCbreaker43" suggests a card(s) price should be agreed upon before spending time searching through boxes. The problem is that until you do your search, you usually don't know what's there. The main point of my original post was to lament the "good 'ole days" when collectors tried to help each other more and weren't so self-centered (what's in it for ME?). People respected the effort that went into finding cards and the value of trying to fill gaps in their collections, so people routinely paid extra when they were able to source out that PC card which increased their collection, regardless of whether it was a 1/1 card or one of several hundred copies of a card. I was one of those people. I'm not suggesting someone should pay $10/hour for time spent searching...however if you focus on a card being worth "5 cents at most" because you may have acquired one before w/o charge...or in a larger grouping of common-type cards from some other deal...or your LCS gave you a similar card for free to better cement their PR relationship with you...and then if you expect other collectors to do the same for you or accept that same 5 cents valuation (which tells them their efforts are worth 5 cents...aka nothing) and you turn down a trade/purchase because of that expectation, we all suffer as collectors. Everyone should pay a reasonable price for any card but I wish everyone would consider the other side of the deal and what will make the deal work for both sides...then more deals will happen and the hobby will be better for all of us.

    Now I'm not directing this as any form of criticism towards "OPCbreaker43" (we've never tried to put together any deal) or anyone else in particular; just expressing my view on the topic. Thanks.
    I'll use an example of why time can't be factored. Nowadays, sadly, lots of jersey cards are worth $1 a piece. Let's say someone has thousands and needs to spend time looking for that common jersey piece. Because of this, they want $2. That's great, and I respect that, but I will get it else where for $1. A lot of collectors want the hot, new PC card right away and pay a lot for it. But as time goes on, you start seeing a set price on cards (we are talking common GU and stuff). So even though someone wants $2, because of time, the internet makes it where we can find that card elsewhere for $1. So why should I pay someone extra for time?

    Also, in terms of base cards, a lot of people throw them away, donate them or get rid of them in bulk. I get rid of mine for $50 store credit per 5000 at my LCS. Literally a penny a piece, and I think I am lucky. I don't mind paying more then pennies a piece for PC base. But I think it is worth the time to search for base cards to sell. I mean if people ACTUAL paid even 25 cents for base. I would search for them and be happy to get rid of them as well as help with someones PC. But when I get offered base for so much, it turns me off. There is a reason I have 43 different Gerbe cards, and only one is a base card (that I pulled), I would rather spend the money on a numbered card, or jersey card rather than a base card. It's been said a few times, people don't even plan to sell base cards but when they see someone willing to buy they try to take advantage of it.

    I also just refuse to think common base cards are worth more then pennies a piece at most. Because if I could even get 5 cents a base card at ease, I'd quit my job and just sell base cards.

  10. #50
    I can't believe someone would ask for so much money for base cards. I always include base inserts and rookies when trading if they collect them for free. And for the people I regularly trade with add in mid end autos and patches if they collect them.

    I think this site is good especially if you have relationships with a few traders that will send you of stuff when they have it and you do the same thing for them back.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •