Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country

Why do peope value base cards so much here?

Small rant, but man it is frustrating trying to just pick up base cards of my PC guys. People add them in trades and count them as BV. We all know base cards are almost worthless, but as soon as someone wants to buy some, they become gold. I had, no joke, 3 offers of this

26 base cards for 18 shipped
    21 base cards for 10 shipped

And this trade offers that blew me away:
    50 base cards for my Steven Stamkos auto

I mean I have no problem buying base cards of my PC. I'll pay the shipping and add on a little. But if base cards were really tradeable by BV, I have 5000 base cards with 2500 BV. Looking for HOF Auto's, Crosby, Kane, Price etc. How many people would REALLY do a trade like that? Maybe it is people trying to take advantage of a new member, but it is a turn off that I get almost insulting offers. Apologize for the rant, maybe I am off base?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

I was dealing with the exact same issue recently, I agree 100%! I agree with having some value on base but 26 base cards for $18 is just ridiculous..

BANNED

Country

I was dealing with the exact same issue recently, I agree 100%! I agree with having some value on base but 26 base cards for $18 is just ridiculous..

I agree on having value of maybe a couple pennies. I mean if I can't sell inserts for 10 cents then how can I sell base for 25 cents? That is my issue I have been facing. Trades that would put nice dents in my collection with base cards aren't being completed over base. I usually throw them in deals for free.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Exactly! If I know that a member collects a given player, I almost always throw in all of the base I can find of him!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I go after a lot of 90s RCs more worthless than most base. I use full BV to trade for them, but I refuse to trade 1 $20 for 200 $0.10 cards.

BANNED

Country

I go after a lot of 90s RCs more worthless than most base. I use full BV to trade for them, but I refuse to trade 1 $20 for 200 $0.10 cards.

Exactly. I mean if I was using base to base for BV, sure that is fair. I value base cards all the same so I would do a number for number deal. But it is 1 $20 for 200 $0.10 type offers. Like the Stamkos auto for 50 base cards.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Base cards are the Meat and Potatoes of all collecting.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I use full BV to trade for them, but I refuse to trade 1 $20 for 200 $0.10 cards.

+1
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

and if youre selling them for pennies send me a list !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Flippers, cause they think their base cards will some day be Gretzky and Crosby Autos.
    If they put the same energy into getting a j . o . b . they could afford to buy the autos.
    Was that too harsh :)

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast